Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

When's the board meetin? I know LC has said anounced tomorrow but I'd assume we would know unofficially at least something today.

Board meeting with the preferred manager today , still things to debate and finalise , should know later or tomorrow morning , no point announcing until all paper work is signed and sealed 

40 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The person who accepts the job has been mentioned in some newspaper IMO 

I get the impression you know who the new manager is going to be lol and by what you say i presume it's McIntyre or Young, however Derek Adams i recall was mentioned in some newspapers, if it was Adams i would be pleased with that, would rather have Adams than McIntyre.

Think a lot of folk are probably missing the biggest cert who fits the type of manager Cameron may be looking for. Martin Canning is that manager. Relatively wide knowledge of Scottish football, worked under shoe string budgets and has worked players from youth setup to first team. 

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I get the impression you know who the new manager is going to be lol and by what you say i presume it's McIntyre or Young, however Derek Adams i recall was mentioned in some newspapers, if it was Adams i would be pleased with that, would rather have Adams than McIntyre.

Think earlier in the thread Adams had ruled himself out on Radio Scotland's Friday night show.

Don't know if that's had/hadn't applied or if he's taking the Yogi "you know where my door is" approach!

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think a lot of folk are probably missing the biggest cert who fits the type of manager Cameron may be looking for. Martin Canning is that manager. Relatively wide knowledge of Scottish football, worked under shoe string budgets and has worked players from youth setup to first team. 

Think people are missing out on Martin Canning because not many want us to have him.

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He's also tactically inept, pig headed and extremely negative, if what my Accies supporting mates have told me is True.................

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I get that but surely if you introduce him to the players monday you just announce it then too. Its pointless announcing next day when everyone will already know who it is.

Unless the players meet him on Monday, decide they don't fancy him and we go to number 2 on the successful at interview list!! That would be player power.

Edited by BukyOHare