Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have heard Dodds be very polite about Ayr, I think he was in the youth set-up before going to Chelsea.

We need someone to do what Owen Coyle did at Burnley and push the club a little further. Sheerin is an interesting one, fairly ordinary time as manager of Arbroath but has had a hand in developing some of our most valuable talent over the last couple of years. 

I’m not sure I’d agree on Sheerin.  As far as I can see, Aberdeen have a good record of spotting talent at a young age but a wretched record of actually developing them into first team players.  Shankland was up there for 3 years and failed apparently because they couldn’t get him fit, something a bit of one to one work with a personal fitness trainer resolved in a couple of months.   Add to that the failure to develop Rose and Harvie with both having to leave to progress.  Now Roscoe looks to have potential though I won’t deny he is raw as hell at the moment.  If I was the Aberdeen chairman, I’d be asking hard questions.

Was just thinking there, with someone apparently being interviewed who was a late applicant for the job and is supposedly not going to be the cheapest appointment in the world it couldn't possibly be Jack Ross, could it? Would make sense for him being a late applicant but i'm probably way off doing a 2+2= 5 prediction, would be some appointment mind you imo.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I would imagine his financial settlement with Sunderland would preclude him from moving to another club without forgoing a decent wedge of said settlement.

Maybe English opposition in the same league as Sunderland yes but he wouldn't cause Sunderland any issues if he gets a gig in Scotland.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Maybe English opposition in the same league as Sunderland yes but he wouldn't cause Sunderland any issues if he gets a gig in Scotland.

Maybe, but I'm not sure. I seem to recall Neilsen not being able to take a job as it would impact his settlement from MK Dons.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I can't actually believe that it's not been leaked who's got the job yet makes me think it could be Young because he still has a job everyone else we think has been interviewed is out of work and probably would be pretty vocal they had the job.

Yeah, I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked. The club have done a really good job at keeping it under wraps. I was hoping we could get it out of @Robbo63 by a process of elimination or torture but he has remained strong.

48 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Maybe, but I'm not sure. I seem to recall Neilsen not being able to take a job as it would impact his settlement from MK Dons.

Yeah, I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked. The club have done a really good job at keeping it under wraps. I was hoping we could get it out of @Robbo63 by a process of elimination or torture but he has remained strong.

It really is the best kept secret 🤭it will only be official tomorrow when contract is signed , no point saying anything until the piece of paper is signed , look what happened when Maurice Johnston changed his mind at the last minute 

As an aside, I was just looking at the round 3 scottish cup draw and wondered where we are. We don't enter until round 4! #Bigtime

This was the round we played Beith last year right?

I’m tempted to go to the Talbot/Arbroath game.