Ayr United’s Next Permanent Manager

33 minutes ago, HMIP said:

If we have any budget, we should be signing a couple of players!  Only 2 fit centre backs, Andy murdoch out for the season, one decent striker...

Adams and Bell can't be far away and they can both play in midfield as can Geggan. We've also got Moore, Doolan, young McKenzie and McGuffie all fit and available as cover for up front and wide and Ross surely can't be far away now either. Add to that Houston who looks like he can play anywhere and Ecrepont who I'd have no qualms about chucking in if need be.

I'd say our pool is big enough for our level and there would be no point in signing another mediocre / bit part player to sit on the bench or in the stands...........

46 minutes ago, HMIP said:

If we have any budget, we should be signing a couple of players!  Only 2 fit centre backs, Andy murdoch out for the season, one decent striker...

I'd go with what we have for the moment, perhaps see whats available in January, but looking at the bigger picture, I hope that whoever gets the managers job this week quickly identifies replacements for players not likely to be here next season.

Definitely another rebuilding job before hopefully a long period of stability in the nucleus of the squad going forward.

Sandy said after Saturday that there's a couple of long terms injuries which don't look too hopeful for a return so presume he was talking about Adams and Bell. Should maybe have kept Ferguson because he can play CB, don't know if the boy Houston can.

If Roscoe or Muirhead gets injured we're fucked so yes hopefully the new manager will be able to quickly find solutions to strengthen the squad on what I presume will be a limited budget for January.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Sandy said after Saturday that there's a couple of long terms injuries which don't look too hopeful for a return so presume he was talking about Adams and Bell. Should maybe have kept Ferguson because he can play CB, don't know if the boy Houston can.

If Roscoe or Muirhead gets injured we're fucked so yes hopefully the new manager will be able to quickly find solutions to strengthen the squad on what I presume will be a limited budget for January.

I think Frank Ross Injury is long term. Doubt we will see him again before he returns to Aberdeen. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Won’t be suprised if we’ve saw the last of Adams. Nobody with a sane mind would give him another contract/PAYP deal in January to keep him at Somerset. I love the big guy but he’s been injured far too much this year 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Suprised we haven’t heard any “leaks” yet if he’s met the players 

My reading of what's been reported was that there was a board meeting some time today. These are usually at night when they're free from their day jobs, to clear up any loose ends and then hoping to announce officially on Tuesday.

I'd doubt therefore, that the new manager would meet the players today.

Just a thought.

Edited by BukyOHare

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

My reading of what's been reported was that there was a board meeting some time today. These are usually at night when they're free from their day jobs, to clear up any loose ends and then hoping to announce officially on Tuesday.

I'd doubt therefore, that the new manager would meet the players today.

Just a thought.

Correct , manager meets board tonight ,  signs the contract and will be announced in morning  ,