Falkirk v Methil

3 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Hope all the buffoons that wrote us off are here to comment on that. Did you boo at the end? Did you leave early? Did your all high and mighty Falkirk pump East Fife... We all said we would be a match for you and we're ridiculed... Humble pie

Chill oot and get a pint, son.

Ray McKinnons post match was bordering on the hysterical! Better chances, really? Dowds two yards offside when he went one on one, only the fans behind the goal were moaning & they had the best view right enough! Bell had a couple of saves but that’s why he’s here! The save from Agnew was world class imo! We created more chances than last week. Must have scored three goals from three chances last week then!

In truth after a very good first half, the second was rubbish but we were well worth a point in the end. After Longridge missed that chance (only one in second half) I genuinely never thought we would lose a goal. Long way to go but very happy with our return from 8 UNDEFEATED games, promising.

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Absolutely don’t and completely mean it as a compliment he was everywhere and involved in everything you did in the same style that Kante plays and any sinister overtones taken from that are in your own mind!!!

Agree, he does seem to intercept a lot and win the tackles like kante, but his distribution becomes very tired looking the further the match gets on. 

How Louis missed that I will never no. He's a headless chicken. 

Denny Johnstone does look like he's turned up for a game of fives. Nothing about him whatsoever and looked fucked after his 20 min cameo. 

Just a shite game. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

On the plus side, your match thread has reached 20 pages this week so light at the end of the tunnel and all that.

And they are a side big enough to have the ref collect the match ball off a plinth pre match...

Edited by Angusfifer

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Cross came in from the right, he controlled it and went round the defender only had to beat the keeper and smashed it clean over the bar from about 7 yards, if that.

15 yards. 

It would have taken a special effort to fire over the bar from seven yards out given the way it dropped perfectly for him...

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

What's the script with the ref lifting the match ball off a plinth after the teams run out? 

Never seen this before in SPFL1...

It's a way of making money as well as engaging with the local community.

The plinth is sponsored - which obviously gives us cash - and most home games a "Community Champion" is nominated by the sponsors customers to place the ball on the plinth before the match. Usually volunteers who've done charitable things in the local area. They get a bit of recognition, the sponsors get publicity and  the club get some money. 

The idea is sound. The only downside is that it's been running for a couple of years now and I think they're running low on credible nominees for the role of CC. There wasn't one today, but as the sponsor has probably paid for the season the plinth still gets used.

15 yards. 
It would have taken a special effort to fire over the bar from seven yards out given the way it dropped perfectly for him...

I’m sure he was just outside the 6 yard box when he hit it but I could be wrong. Wouldn’t surprise me tbh considering he cleared the North Stand in our last home match, something I’ve never seen in all our time at The Falkirk Stadium.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

We've had folk watch the game in a show car, a truck, up a crane and in a hot tub, picking a ball off of a plinth before the game is hardly cringe. 

Perhaps you’ll get lucky and an adult novelty chain will sponsor the plinth, as long as they sculpt it into a phallus? Heck, in that case, it could even be some druids.

I’m sure he was just outside the 6 yard box when he hit it but I could be wrong. Wouldn’t surprise me tbh considering he cleared the North Stand in our last home match, something I’ve never seen in all our time at The Falkirk Stadium.

I thought he was about 12-15 yards out. Still a very poor shot.