Ayr United vs Caley Thistle

Apparently we've had Brad Mckay and Mitchell Curry back in training recently. I forgot the latter was even a thing. No word on Tom Walsh sadly. We missed him last weekend. Despite the bad result I can't see Robbo making too many changes. Expecting the following line up:

Ridgers
Rooney Donaldson McCart Tremarco
Vincent Welsh
McGregor Storey Doran
White

Apparently we've had Brad Mckay and Mitchell Curry back in training recently. I forgot the latter was even a thing. No word on Tom Walsh sadly. We missed him last weekend. Despite the bad result I can't see Robbo making too many changes. Expecting the following line up:

Ridgers
Rooney Donaldson McCart Tremarco
Vincent Welsh
McGregor Storey Doran
White

I’d be happy if Walsh was out here. Always thought he was a decent player.

Our biggest threat is Forrest and Harvie on the left hand side and IIRC Rooney has a tendency to leave space behind him.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be happy if Walsh was out here. Always thought he was a decent player.

Our biggest threat is Forrest and Harvie on the left hand side and IIRC Rooney has a tendency to leave space behind him.

He does indeed. See the opening goal for Partick last weekend for how that was ruthlessly exploited. He was torn a new one by Cadden (?) in the league game in March / April earlier this year but that's his style - dodgy defensively but supports well going forward. Still a better option than Mckay at RB!

He does indeed. See the opening goal for Partick last weekend for how that was ruthlessly exploited. He was torn a new one by Cadden (?) in the league game in March / April earlier this year but that's his style - dodgy defensively but supports well going forward. Still a better option than Mckay at RB!

Yeah Cadden went by him constantly in that game and if he had a final ball then we’d probably have won.

Kerr being out is a big blow but hopefully us having 3 in midfield is enough to counter anything Welsh does.

Caley Thistle are unbeaten in the last 12 league matches between the sides.

Inverness took 10 points from a possible 12 in the four regular season games

have won on each of their last five league visits to Somerset Park, a run stretching back to 2003.

Honking record, didn't realise it was that bad.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No mention of McGuffie. Is he fit?

I'm assuming that both he and Moore back fit and available.

Hopefully Kerr will be back next week and both Adams and Bell surely can't be too far away ??

Ross is the one I don't quite get as he just seems to be constantly injured (ankle knock now ??), still, the main thing is that we've got options up top with Doolan, Moore and McGuffie (presumably) all available.

Young Ecrepont also looks capable of coming in at FB if and when required and really our only worry is Centre Mid with Murdoch looking like out for the season. Again though, we do have options with Geggan (probably there tomorrow) and both Adams and Bell as destroyers when fit and even Moffat dropping back in as a creative force with Doolan up top if push came to shove.

We may not have the biggest pool in the league but it does contain lots of quality and also a good few options if need be.............

Don Robertson taking charge of his second ICT game in a week...

I see we've now got Steven Maclean in charge. Always think he's one of the better (ie less shite) refs but I reserve the right to be whining about his performance around 1728 tomorrow.

I see we've now got Steven Maclean in charge. Always think he's one of the better (ie less shite) refs but I reserve the right to be whining about his performance around 1728 tomorrow.  

I mean, he did take charge of the worst refereeing performance in the whole of Scotland last season where we beat United 2-1 at Tannadice.

I can't remember us winning a game Steven McClean has reffed. Maybe because his brother played for Killie for a few seasons has something to do with his bias.

I’m fairly certain he was ref when we beat Morton 5-1 last season. Only reason I say that is I’m sure I made a comment to my mate at the game when we realised he was ref.

Might be wrong though.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m fairly certain he was ref when we beat Morton 5-1 last season. Only reason I say that is I’m sure I made a comment to my mate at the game when we realised he was ref.

Might be wrong though.

I stand Corrected, I was probably at that game but can't remember if he reffed.

32 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

I can't remember us winning a game Steven McClean has reffed. Maybe because his brother played for Killie for a few seasons has something to do with his bias.

I thought it was his Dad that played for Killie and his brother is Brian McLean currently at Morton? Anyway he didn’t endear himself to the Rugby Park lot last season when he send 3 of their players off v Aberdeen. Hopefully he won’t send any of our lads off tomorrow 

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given that he had the “worst refereeing performance” last season at Rugby Park according to Steve Clarke, I don’t think it really matters who he supports.

Disguising his bias in my opinion.