Bully Wee v the mighty Lino machine

Felt miserable at half time after Raith had given us a lesson..

Fair dues to Danny for doing what was necessary.

Completely turned the game around to put a smile on my face.

Goodie was outstanding again.

Surely the guys that finished the game must be given a run until our injuries clear.

Thanks to all who made my day including the old guy in front who’s quips kept me in stitches.

McGurn poor at the first goal? The ball isn’t really in the corner and his hand is already pretty close to it. Made a few great saves but Munro needs to be be number 1, I think. McGurn been culpable for more than a few this season.

Munro doesn’t fill me with confidence. Looked pretty dodgy in the Glenavon game tbh. Munro likely won’t be here after December anyway so for consistency I’d probably stick with McGurn.

Mcgurn doesn't look comfortable playing how Mcglynn wants to. He is great at slowing a game down when we want to be more direct, but not really good at keeping the ball moving quickly. Was evident during the short goal kicks as the game went on. 

He is a fantastic guy to have at the club, and a great option to turn to from the bench - but I don't think he's our best option for the No 1 jersey. 

Would have been interesting to see if Dingwall's effort would have made the net had Baird not interfered with play. We certainly upped our efforts when we went down to ten men and it became more of an even game. 

Dingwall was lucky to be still on the park at that point after a deliberate elbow that luckily missed !

56 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Obviously there’s a massive love-in between the fans at the minute.

So can we ask our pals from Cumbernauld to do us a massive favour next week? Would be very much appreciated emoji18.png

Cheers in advance.

Nothing would give us greater satisfaction.  That said, you are miles better than them, and their whinging fans.  You will finish comfortably above them.  

4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Have to say the Clyde fans are a welcome addition to this league. Hopefully both clubs can push for promotion. A game of two halves. How football should be, we were amazing first half. Second half we were rabbits caught in the headlights. Bizarre indeed

Interesting that we have the reputation of being roasters when we have Falkirk in the league.😂

20 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
44 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
Dingwall was lucky to be still on the park at that point after a deliberate elbow that luckily missed !

Surprised more people haven't mentioned this.

Have we stopped our match highlights? These club orientated packages give the support a wee chance to review such incidents. Using RR's edition gives only their edit so we miss the elbow, that late penalty claim and the referee's weird calls on advantage when we had the ball...

Baird offside? Who'd have thought it.

I must have been at a different game, First half I thought we'd caught Clyde out with a deflected shot and a long ranger and other than that they were just about giving as good as they got (obviously not though going by everyone else) .

Disappointed that we didn't do it in the second half, Lennon changed it and Clyde were fast out the traps and for 35-40 mins we really were nowhere. As in days of McGlynn gone by an opposition manager had a plan B and we didn't.

Dead cynical yes but Hendry should have taken one for the team and stopped the man instead of letting Goodwillie get a head of steam up and  eventually being fouled by SAndo. Dingwall was very lucky not to see a card for a blatant elbow, perhaps down to the fact that thankfully it didn't connect.

I was sure at the time Davo was fouled for their 1st but the highlights are inconclusive and perhaps he should be doing better.  As a team we didn't really do a lot wrong yesterday but didn't up our game when they did and nearly paid the full price for not doing so. Too wasteful in front of goal too, if we'd been more clinical we'd have been out of sight, perhaps to a degree the same could have been said of David Goodwill too though.

Ziggy needs to work on using that right foot for other than just standing on, Baird and Dan Armstrong need to sharpen up and Hendry and Spencer need to start putting the ball in the net like they do in the warm-up drills but doing it during the 90 when it matters.

No Allan or McKay, anyone know anything?

6 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Baird offside? Who'd have thought it.

I must have been at a different game, First half I thought we'd caught Clyde out with a deflected shot and a long ranger and other than that they were just about giving as good as they got (obviously not though going by everyone else) .

Disappointed that we didn't do it in the second half, Lennon changed it and Clyde were fast out the traps and for 35-40 mins we really were nowhere. As in days of McGlynn gone by an opposition manager had a plan B and we didn't.

Dead cynical yes but Hendry should have taken one for the team and stopped the man instead of letting Goodwillie get a head of steam up and  eventually being fouled by SAndo. Dingwall was very lucky not to see a card for a blatant elbow, perhaps down to the fact that thankfully it didn't connect.

I was sure at the time Davo was fouled for their 1st but the highlights are inconclusive and perhaps he should be doing better.  As a team we didn't really do a lot wrong yesterday but didn't up our game when they did and nearly paid the full price for not doing so. Too wasteful in front of goal too, if we'd been more clinical we'd have been out of sight, perhaps to a degree the same could have been said of David Goodwill too though.

Ziggy needs to work on using that right foot for other than just standing on, Baird and Dan Armstrong need to sharpen up and Hendry and Spencer need to start putting the ball in the net like they do in the warm-up drills but doing it during the 90 when it matters.

No Allan or McKay, anyone know anything?

Mcglynn had a plan B, he fundamentally changed formation and personnel, it just happened Clyde scored within 60 seconds. 

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Dead cynical yes but Hendry should have taken one for the team and stopped the man instead of letting Goodwillie get a head of steam up and  eventually being fouled by SAndo. 

This was something I thought at the time and wasn't sure whether I was being harsh when I re-watched it. Hendry tried to pull at Goodwillie, but I felt he let down Anderson by not being more committed. 

Mcglynn had a plan B, he fundamentally changed formation and personnel, it just happened Clyde scored within 60 seconds. 

Exactly. McGlynn also changed it yesterday at 2-1. It’s a pity that within a few minutes after he changed it, we conceded the equaliser and went down to 10 men. We then saw the change he made was starting to work as we were right back in the game and had 3 excellent chances to grab the winner in the last 10 minutes. All 3 on another day would have hit the back of the net. Baird, Dingwall and Bowie should have all done better with their chances.