November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

Hanley won the league with Norwich last season. Bates has played this one League Cup game for a side who will finish mid table.
Bates started games in two double headers under McLeish. The latter two was the worst double header performance in Scotland history under a manager who shouldn't have been in role. "The extent he is in Scotland squads when fit" is not a great extent, and is quite a weird measurement anyway.
You think Andy Robertson should be dropped though so that's a pretty good indication of your understanding of the game.
I think we've already established your lack of knowledge regarding Bates. He partnered McKenna in probably our best ever performance and win in eastern Europe in modern times, a 4-0 win, same partnership when we beat Israel to qualify for the NL play-offs. 4 caps so far, 3 wins, 2 clean sheets. Facts speak for themselves.

As for Robertson, if Tierney was available for these two games then Clarke should have taken a look at him at LB, and he probably would have done. Another thing you can't quite grasp.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think we've already established your lack of knowledge regarding Bates. He partnered McKenna in probably our best ever performance and win in eastern Europe in modern times, a 4-0 win, same partnership when we beat Israel to qualify for the NL play-offs. 4 caps so far, 3 wins, 2 clean sheets. Facts speak for themselves.

Our best ever performance. Oh lawd.

We were horrible defensively in the 3-2 Israel game. Why have you omitted his other two caps? 🤔

Our best ever performance. Oh lawd.
We were horrible defensively in the 3-2 Israel game. Why have you omitted his other two caps? [emoji848]
I haven't ommitted anything, 4 caps, 3 wins, 2 clean sheets. Poor game in Kazakhstan along with every single other player in a shirt that night.

As for performance in Albania, biggest ever win and a rare competitive away clean sheet in that region.

The problems weren't at CB against Israel, a game we won. Paterson was a bomb scare.

We get you don't like Bates, like your aversion to players going abroad. Illogical, but there you go. Personally I think he'll establish himself as a Scotland regular, we'll see.

38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Hanley won the league with Norwich last season. Bates has played this one League Cup game for a side who will finish mid table.

Bates started games in two double headers under McLeish. The latter two was the worst double header performance in Scotland history under a manager who shouldn't have been in role. "The extent he is in Scotland squads when fit" is not a great extent, and is quite a weird measurement anyway.

You think Andy Robertson should be dropped though so that's a pretty good indication of your understanding of the game.

Hanley started 3 games for Norwich last season. Still a decent chance Bates could at least match that.

Hanley started 3 games for Norwich last season. Still a decent chance Bates could at least match that.

That’s because he got injured

Hanley has played 237 games in the English Premiership & Championship

Bates can’t even get on the bench for Sheff Weds

There is no doubt that Bates does not currently merit a place in the Scotland squad

As for Robertson, if Tierney was available for these two games then Clarke should have taken a look at him at LB, and he probably would have done. Another thing you can't quite grasp.

Bates can’t get on the bench for Sheff Weds

Facts speak for themselves

As for not playing Robertson at left back, that shows that you are totally and utterly clueless.

And that’s a fact that I totally grasp

:1eye

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

That’s because he got injured

Hanley has played 237 games in the English Premiership & Championship

Bates can’t even get on the bench for Sheff Weds

There is no doubt that Bates does not currently merit a place in the Scotland squad

I’m not debating that Bates should get into the squad. Someone said he’s also been injured but I’m not sure of that.

Hanley was available for more than half the season and only got picked three times so saying ‘He won the league with Norwich’ as an example of his quality is a bit off to me. According to the stats he must have only come on 6 times as a sub as well so he wasn’t even a regular off the bench that you could argue played a key part in the season either.

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Bates can’t get on the bench for Sheff Weds

Facts speak for themselves

As for not playing Robertson at left back, that shows that you are totally and utterly clueless.

And that’s a fact that I totally grasp

Bates is injured 😂

9 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Is Steve Clarke just trolling by selecting all these players ahead of Bates?

You’ve clearly had a lobotomy.

And it clearly went badly wrong as well!

He's injured.  If you're going to try and play the smart arse, at least get the basics right first.

25 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I’m not debating that Bates should get into the squad. Someone said he’s also been injured but I’m not sure of that.

Hanley was available for more than half the season and only got picked three times so saying ‘He won the league with Norwich’ as an example of his quality is a bit off to me. According to the stats he must have only come on 6 times as a sub as well so he wasn’t even a regular off the bench that you could argue played a key part in the season either.

Bates was fit again start of season, played against Rotherham, was in line to play against Everton but picked up a hip injury in training.  Was due to resume training around now and play a few U23 games, so we'll see what happens between now and March.

Edited by Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
Anything to back this up or nah?

Having seen bits of both teams this season, it's not the strongest opinion admittedly but f**k off you Falkirk, Tory c**t.

Says the c**t who hates the homeless

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

He hardly fucking played for them 😆

Bates apparently did quite well with Hamburg last season - regardless of the circumstances where he found himself there he got largely positive reviews while playing at a level similar if not better than most of our other centre halves.

For as long as he isn’t getting a game for Sheffield Wednesday I don’t think he should be getting called up - but it’s incredible how desperate you are to talk down anyone from the so-called Abroad League.

33 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He hardly fucking played for them 😆

Bates apparently did quite well with Hamburg last season - regardless of the circumstances where he found himself there he got largely positive reviews while playing at a level similar if not better than most of our other centre halves.

For as long as he isn’t getting a game for Sheffield Wednesday I don’t think he should be getting called up - but it’s incredible how desperate you are to talk down anyone from the so-called Abroad League.

Psst, nobody's mentioned this yet, but he's been injured for just about the whole season.