November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

But one of your reasons for think ing he isn't very good is predicated on the junk fact that 'he can't even get on the bench for Sheffield Wednesday'
Not as far as I know it. He wasn't getting picked for Sheffield Wednesday when he was fit, and I don't think he will when he comes back, but that's way down my list of reasons. The main reason is that I've watched him play and I don't think he's very good.

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Cooper out. Aberdeen's CBs it is.

Was at the Leeds-Blackburn game on Saturday and he did come off injured in the second half. I was also at Man U-Brighton yesterday where McTominay got a really bad ankle knock right at the end so don't be surprised to see him drop out aswell.

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Cooper out. Aberdeen's CBs it is.

Third and fourth cap for Harry souttar it would have been.  Even I am surprised to have been proven this right this quickly.  Questions need to be asked of the u19th and I215th managers.

Third and fourth cap for Harry souttar it would have been.  Even I am surprised to have been proven this right this quickly.  Questions need to be asked of the u19th and I215th managers.

The 1215th manager? That’s quite specific.

Not as far as I know it. He wasn't getting picked for Sheffield Wednesday when he was fit, and I don't think he will when he comes back, but that's way down my list of reasons. The main reason is that I've watched him play and I don't think he's very good.
I'll try to approach this in a different way...
When was he fit and not being picked for Sheffield Wednesday?

What's the nick of John Souttar (the runt sibling of Lord Harry)?
He seems to have been put for a long time.

Probably next year before he’s back from what I’ve just read. Article from start of October saying could be another 3 months, doubt he’ll be rushed back.

Is there something special about Bates' injuries that makes them invisible to people on here?

I really don't understand the determination to write off a young centre back who has had a good start to his career.

It’s more the fact that Hamburg got rid of him and he can’t get on the bench at Sheff Weds

What makes him so special that you are getting a hard on over him?

44 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I think you're looking at a couple of games and that's it.  I bet Craig saw.him two or three years ago twice too, farcical to base.your.opinion of him on that.  What if you watched Scott McKenna a.couple of times two or three years ago you wouldn't want him anywhere near.a.Scotland squad but.he's our.number one CB these days.

35 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

It’s more the fact that Hamburg got rid of him and he can’t get on the bench at Sheff Weds

What makes him so special that you are getting a hard on over him?

He.can't get on the bench because he's injured.  Some people seemingly find this i hard to understand.

26 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

He was fit from the moment he joined them in early August until at least the end of September, and his only appearance was in a League Cup tie. He sat on the bench several times.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He was fit from the moment he joined them in early August until at least the end of September, and his only appearance was in a League Cup tie. He sat on the bench several times.

Because I think you'll find he wasn't fully fit at the start of the season

This summer could hardly have gone much worse for David Bates. Not only did his Hamburg side fail to win promotion to the Bundesliga, he injured himself in their second-last game of the season and missed what was a crucial transitional period for both his club and his country.

He wasn’t fit for Steve Clarke’s first Scotland squad, selected for the Euro 2020 qualifying matches against Cyprus and Belgium in June. He also missed Hamburg’s pre-season games so that, when a new regime at the German club drew up a strategy for the future, Bates did not feature in their plans.

And he was injured again by 25th September.  So he arrives not.fully fit.after not.having a pre.season, and is.injured again by 25th September.  How many games could it possibly be he was fit and not selected for?   How long do you think it takes a player coming back from injury to.get match fit?

Edited by Kuro

8 minutes ago, Kuro said:

How many?

Hes been on the bench four times, his ome game for them came after the first.

So hes gone Injured - Sub - League cup appearance - Sub x3 - Injured

Dominic Iorfa, a right back by trade, was playing centrally ahead of him after his League Cup appearance.