Peterhead v Raith Rovers

Peak Hank Scorpio to slaughter the keeper at a game he didn’t even bother his arse to go to.

I’ve seen plenty of mistakes by McGurn this season, oddball. I love McGurn as much as anyone, he’s a club legend, I just think we have a better option sat on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’ve seen plenty of mistakes by McGurn this season, oddball. I love McGurn as much as anyone, he’s a club legend, I just think we have a better option sat on the bench.

This.

I'm delighted he's at the club. He's vastly experienced and loves the club, ideal for a coach and backup keeper. But he simply can't use the ball at his feet in the way Mcglynn wants to. 

Saw it at Clyde and saw it well before the goal today. 

No disrespect to Peterhead but if we harbour any ambition of winning this league we really need to be winning games like this.

Threw 2 points away against Clyde,same against East Fife last week and 3 points thrown away today.

2 points out of a possible 9 isnt even play off form never mind league winning

If some players showed as much effort as the supporters did to travel up we,d be in a much better place

No disrespect to Peterhead but if we harbour any ambition of winning this league we really need to be winning games like this.
Threw 2 points away against Clyde,same against East Fife last week and 3 points thrown away today.
2 points out of a possible 9 isnt even play off form never mind league winning
If some players showed as much effort as the supporters did to travel up we,d be in a much better place
I don't think anyone really thinks we are going to win the league this season? Vaughan and hendry being injured long term has well and truly seen those aspirations put to bed. I expect us to put up a challenge of sorts but ultimately Falkirk will win it because they have chucked so much money at their squad. A good second is how we should finish Imo.

Well heres one that thinks we can.

Chucking money at a team doesnt equate to a league winning team.For instance our budget last season would have been higher than Arbroaths.

By all accounts  Falkirk arent particularly good and thats coming from their own supporters and yes losing Vaughan and Hendry is a blow but even taking Falkirk out of the equation as our results against them may not determine who wins the league and without both these players I think we have enough to beat or compete against anyone else in the league.

Well heres one that thinks we can.

Chucking money at a team doesnt equate to a league winning team.For instance our budget last season would have been higher than Arbroaths.

By all accounts  Falkirk arent particularly good and thats coming from their own supporters and yes losing Vaughan and Hendry is a blow but even taking Falkirk out of the equation as our results against them may not determine who wins the league and without both these players I think we have enough to beat or compete against anyone else in the league.

I agree we have enough to compete and do think we could go up this season with the players we have but there's no doubting the players Falkirk have brought in could click into place eventually, especially if they get rid of mckinnon.

I'd take both our squad and manager over any other in this league. I'd also take any other teams luck with injuries in an ideal world.

You only have to look at our first two seasons down here to see how chucking money at it doesn't work, if you don't have a team. This is our best team we've had despite having the likes of nizzy, who banged in 30+ goals last season.

Eta: what I meant in my original post was, I don't think any of us expect to win the league this season.

Yikes, I already watched that pish once, and that video should be rated at least “15”! Thanks, but...

After carefully parsing JMcG’s interview, the only explanation I have for SAndo’s exclusion is that JMcG decided that a 4-4-2 was better against Peterhead, and that Davo and Bene played well enough last week to justify their start over SAndo. He implies that Davo will have more difficultly getting back in to start because of his suspension, if SAndo and Bene perform well...but that also depends on the formation being four or five back..

Munro, please.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Eta: what I meant in my original post was, I don't think any of us expect to win the league this season.

But this is where we differ.

Not for one minute saying I expect us to win the league but having seen every team so far,some twice we have to harbour ambition of winning the league or be in with a chance of winning it even without both Vaughan and Hendry.Sure East Fife supporters think they have a chance

No guarantee Falkirk are going to gel or stay injury free and unlikely they,ll be emptying McKinnon anytime soon.Our two next league games could be seen as favourable and anything but max points i,ll be changing my tune 😉

Davidson will miss at least one of them and depending when Spencers suspension kicks in he could miss one also

What we need is some players to show some baws when the going gets tough and McGlynn to change his philosophy of playing the ball out from the back week in and week out irrespective  of the conditions or opponents..Yeah its decent to watch but theres times when route one/ hoof it is the better option

Anyway,i,ll let you buy me a pint at the title celebration party 😉

Edited by Rovers_Lad

After watching the video I'd say it's harsh to blame McGurn for the first goal. The ball bounces up right as he swings his leg at it. As much as I loved ridiculing England goalies for it in the past I'm not having McGurn getting the same treatment.

Davo pretty upset with the ref there. Would be interesting to find out what he said!

1 hour ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

After watching the video I'd say it's harsh to blame McGurn for the first goal. The ball bounces up right as he swings his leg at it. As much as I loved ridiculing England goalies for it in the past I'm not having McGurn getting the same treatment.

Davo pretty upset with the ref there. Would be interesting to find out what he said!

Probably along the lines of you useless c@#@

Nice to see we’re living rent free in 1320Lichtie’s head despite Arbroath bodying us to the title 6 months ago.

Don't flatter yourself watched 4 or 5 game highlights so far staying up for the UFC

The Davidson and McGurn incidents are hilarious no matter who you support. Davidson really is a fud.

There isn't enough quality in that squad to win the league right now. The team is very much built around Vaughan and Hendry being the "star" players, with a decent squad supporting them. I have no problem with that, its our best chance of getting out this league, but with both now injured it really exposes the limitations of the rest of the squad. 

Yesterday was never, ever a day for playing the nice passing game. It was a day for finding another way to win, and we didn't ever look like doing that. We can't play long ball or direct, we simply don't have anyone who can hold the ball up. Bowie struggled very badly with an awful first touch, and frankly I'm not sure Armstrong or Gullan even touched the ball. With two creative players out it puts the incentive on these guys. 

I'm trying not to be critical, we have two of the best players in the league injured long term, but there isn't enough quality there to win a title. 

Again, the worst part about yesterday was the attitude in the first half. I really hoped we'd left those type of showings behind us last season. 

That said, leaving Steven Anderson on the bench is fucking insanity. Just when McGlynn starts winning people over he goes and drops a belter sometimes. 

Same with Davidson really. People start eating humble pie a bit, but the fact is he always has something like that in his locker. Having him in there is always going to be something of a liability, no matter how much he appears to have changed. 

Edited by CALDERON

6 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

I don't really blame Mcgurn as much as I do Mcglynn. It was clear at Clyde he hated getting the ball to feet under pressure and he threatened a clanger like that yesterday even before the goal. 

I've no real problem in principle with Mcgurn in goal. But we have a better option right now on the bench. 

I don't really blame Mcgurn as much as I do Mcglynn. It was clear at Clyde he hated getting the ball to feet under pressure and he threatened a clanger like that yesterday even before the goal. 
I've no real problem in principle with Mcgurn in goal. But we have a better option right now on the bench. 

Clyde pressed us high that day and McGlynn told Davidson and McGurn "no more" in regards to playing it short. He knows McGurn is uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, so why we were doing it so often, especially on a surface that wet, is beyond me.
I'm with you in that I don't mind McGurn. I don't feel he's a bad option, but I do feel Munro and Thomson, when fit, should get the nod ahead of him.