General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My mum and step-Dad would normally vote Tory (they did vote Brexit Party at the EU elections) in Angus but won't this time because they are away for a month on holiday.

They didn't bother with postal votes either.

2 less votes for Hairbrain.

Scenes If she loses by one vote! I'd laugh like a fucking drain!

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

For £40 with Sky you can get Sky cinema, broadband and evening calls plus entertainment package.

That's the offer I'm on - added another £5 and you get box sets.

Sports - cheapest I've seen is £15 but that was for existing customers on Black Friday - minimum 18 month contract.

That's a good deal you are on. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We should chase both surely?

Why chase one fraudster and let another one off?

Pay attention to the phrase should be focused, it's another way of saying 'prioritised'. I mean, I know you're a Tory, but even you can see the logic that it makes more sense to go after Vodafone not paying 6bn worth of corporation tax than going after a guy on Universal Credit who didn't declare that his mum gave him a tenner for mowing her lawn. Yes, he's guilty, and we can jail him, taking more from the public purse, or fine him 100 quid, payable at 50 pence a month, and drain yet more resource monitoring that. No?

Edited by carpetmonster

It was the first question asked "how long before we can sell". It varied usually about 3 years but it was a big return in that time compared to any other investment tool. Probably the singular worst govt policy decision in my lifetime.

It wasn't that quick. I don't know all the rules but didn't you have to remain in the house for a period of up to five years before you could sell. 

2 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Out of curiosity, why did you vote tory?  If you recognise that tax avoidance costs the economy revenue, then why did you vote for a party that are unlikely to change laws to combat it?

I voted Conservative because I believe on the whole they are the best option for the country. 

I get what you say about tax avoidance but imo it would still happen whatever party was in government. 

1 hour ago, Millarman said:

Same as my other half and myself. We both work hard. Our neighbour has not worked for over three years. He is fit and healthy and is or was a qualified plumber. Speaking to him he says he can't be bothered working as the dole pay his rent, council tax and he gets good benefits. He has Sky tv and up until a couple of months ago ran a car. The guy is fit and healthy and could easily work if he wanted to. And you would never believe this but he has a poster to vote for Dave Doogan of the snp in his window. Really annoys me that people like him get away with it.

Just to clarify your not true story, was the guy fit and healthy?

1 minute ago, Millarman said:

I voted Conservative because I believe on the whole they are the best option for the country. 

I get what you say about tax avoidance but imo it would still happen whatever party was in government. 

Another "newcomer" straight on to the politics forum...

51 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Fascinating. 

Do you know what? I think people who have to rely on celebrities, comedians, pop stars, and actors for their political opinions are pretty stupid people. Not that I have a particularly high opinion of you to begin with. 

I'm uber-delighted your opinion of me is as stated.  Imagine being labelled as someone wee tory malky either admired or he classed as an equi-w****r.  I've dodged a bullet there mi poco trago.  

1 hour ago, Millarman said:

Same as my other half and myself. We both work hard. Our neighbour has not worked for over three years. He is fit and healthy and is or was a qualified plumber. Speaking to him he says he can't be bothered working as the dole pay his rent, council tax and he gets good benefits. He has Sky tv and up until a couple of months ago ran a car. The guy is fit and healthy and could easily work if he wanted to. And you would never believe this but he has a poster to vote for Dave Doogan of the snp in his window. Really annoys me that people like him get away with it.

Reality for fictional benefit claimant:

Universal credit single person allowance- £317.82 per month.

Council tax paid if unemployed.

Rent paid probably in full if council tenant, but subject to local housing allowance if private rent. (May have to chip in difference if more than LHA)

Aye. Fictional benefit claimant living the dream on eighty quid a week or less. 

And his Council Tax reduction will exclude water and sewer age which he still has to pay in full less any occupancy discount if single.

Reality for fictional benefit claimant:
Universal credit single person allowance- £317.82 per month.
Council tax paid if unemployed.
Rent paid probably in full if council tenant, but subject to local housing allowance if private rent. (May have to chip in difference if more than LHA)

Aye. Fictional benefit claimant living the dream on eighty quid a week or less.