Aberdeen v Killie

1 minute ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Not being sour grapes here but we genuinely had no natural centre halves playing today, all 4 senior ones were either injured or suspended. 

Aye, it was definitely a good time to play you, and I think your lack of centre-backs was likely a factor in McInnes sacrificing a midfielder to go with both Main and Cosgrove. Thankfully it paid off. 

Just finished watching that back on RedTV; would have been there but got a clay pigeon lesson from the Mrs for a birthday present. Impressed with Main, I've been pretty critical of him in the past, but if he can build on that he has a future at Aberdeen imo. Lewis Ferguson was the stand-out for me though, that boy has a huge future. What a ball for the first goal. Findlay wouldn't have got that one...fucking Maldini wouldn't have got that one; absolutely exquisite.

That was a really enjoyable afternoon. Killie had a couple of decent opportunities in the first half, but over the 90 odd minutes we had more, much more. Ferguson was superb again today, after his man of the match performance on Wednesday. I’m maybe being harsh on him, but didn’t think that Curtis Main had that good a match, although it was a great goal that he scored. I thought that he tried to beat players too often, and didn’t beat any of them. Nice to see McKenna get yet another goal against Killie, he really enjoyed that one today. And I’ve no idea why Cosgrove didn’t get two penalties in the second half. Two incredible decisions.

I’d like to credit the Killie fans for coming up in bigger numbers than most, 400 ish, and they did stay behind their team to the end. However, what is the obsession with Rangers? I thought that we were obsessed, but Killie fans took it to a new level today. The songs that I can remember;  

something about the h*** dying again,

Your Manager’s a H**

Derek McInnes is a H**

Are You Rangers in Disguise

Go Home You H***.

And there may have been more that I missed or have forgotten.

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Aye, it was definitely a good time to play you, and I think your lack of centre-backs was likely a factor in McInnes sacrificing a midfielder to go with both Main and Cosgrove. Thankfully it paid off. 

Thought that when I saw those two up front. And we haven't really been using midfield much anyway

4 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Just finished watching that back on RedTV; would have been there but got a clay pigeon lesson from the Mrs for a birthday present. Impressed with Main, I've been pretty critical of him in the past, but if he can build on that he has a future at Aberdeen imo. Lewis Ferguson was the stand-out for me though, that boy has a huge future. What a ball for the first goal. Findlay wouldn't have got that one...fucking Maldini wouldn't have got that one; absolutely exquisite.

Respectfully disagree on the ball into the box. It was top class bug I think a top class cb clears that. What impresses me was the savvy of knowing that there wasn't a top class cb there. Lewis was the difference today. 

And Clancy Obvs. Killie's saviour. Aside from the two denied stonewallers, letting Power get through that unbooked was pretty special. 

45 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Thought that when I saw those two up front. And we haven't really been using midfield much anyway

Respectfully disagree on the ball into the box. It was top class bug I think a top class cb clears that. What impresses me was the savvy of knowing that there wasn't a top class cb there. Lewis was the difference today. 

And Clancy Obvs. Killie's saviour. Aside from the two denied stonewallers, letting Power get through that unbooked was pretty special. 

I was being dramatic for the sake of it to be fair; by the point where Main scored Maldini would probably have taken the ball down and been up the pitch and popped the ball right on van Basten's right peg.

The point remains though, for our level, it was an exceptional ball.

Fully agree re. Clancy. The two penalty shouts were screamers.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’d like to credit the Killie fans for coming up in bigger numbers than most, 400 ish, and they did stay behind their team to the end. However, what is the obsession with Rangers? I thought that we were obsessed, but Killie fans took it to a new level today. The songs that I can remember;  

Your Manager’s a H**

Derek McInnes is a H**

Go Home You H***.

Probably something to do with how Rangers-y you lot have become over the last ten years. Don't really know why you'd attempt the "who guv, me?" line of defence tbh.

On the game, it's been a pretty shite week all together. Oddly pleased that our CB crisis peaked at the point we played Aberdeen, we'd probably have lost with the first XI - something about this fixture.

Hopefully we can come back into form sooner rather than later, I still think that with anything north of 30 points at the break we'll be right in the mix at the end of the season...although 13 points seems a lot at the moment. 

Guest Moomintroll
That was a really enjoyable afternoon. Killie had a couple of decent opportunities in the first half, but over the 90 odd minutes we had more, much more. Ferguson was superb again today, after his man of the match performance on Wednesday. I’m maybe being harsh on him, but didn’t think that Curtis Main had that good a match, although it was a great goal that he scored. I thought that he tried to beat players too often, and didn’t beat any of them. Nice to see McKenna get yet another goal against Killie, he really enjoyed that one today. And I’ve no idea why Cosgrove didn’t get two penalties in the second half. Two incredible decisions.
Your Manager’s a H**
Derek McInnes is a H**
Go Home You H***.
Did that really happen? I get pretty grumpy when people attempt to align us with the Hunnites but Aberdeen supporters are pretty well known for their antipathy towards anything Rangersy. No idea why Killie fans would choose to die on that particular hill.

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 hours ago, kingjoey said:
Your Manager’s a H**
Derek McInnes is a H**
Go Home You H***.

Did that really happen? I get pretty grumpy when people attempt to align us with the Hunnites but Aberdeen supporters are pretty well known for their antipathy towards anything Rangersy. No idea why Killie fans would choose to die on that particular hill.

It really did happen. As I said in my post, some of my fellow Aberdeen fans have got way too much of an obsession with Rangers, but for Killie fans to sing from start to finish about Rangers and H***, was taking obsession to a new level. Particularly at an Aberdeen v Killie match.

14 hours ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Not being sour grapes here but we genuinely had no natural centre halves playing today, all 4 senior ones were either injured or suspended. 

I thought Wilson done ok given the circumstances but he did play as if he was in centre midfield half the time. Charging up the field with no consideration of what was behind him.

Dicker was just lost.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It really did happen. As I said in my post, some of my fellow Aberdeen fans have got way too much of an obsession with Rangers, but for Killie fans to sing from start to finish about Rangers and H***, was taking obsession to a new level. Particularly at an Aberdeen v Killie match.

It goes back to when Kilmarnock stood up against the mob and refused to vote against Sevco, they're pretty insecure when it comes to the sevvies.

Atleast they were singing and not just endlessly shouting killie.

Guest Moomintroll
That is pathetic from us then tbh.

Guest Moomintroll
When the f**k did Rangersy become a thing?

Since I said it 30 odd minutes ago, I apologise for any distress caused. Not my finest moment tbf.

Guest Moomintroll
It goes back to when Kilmarnock stood up against the mob and refused to vote against Sevco, they're pretty insecure when it comes to the sevvies.

Your team died, f**k off bedsit boy.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Your team died, f**k off bedsit boy.

Your team supported Sevco, my high flying friend. 

Guest Moomintroll
You do realise I am not being entirely serious here oddball, or maybe you do and I have been successfully whooshed.

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
17 minutes ago, bennett said:

You do realise I am not being entirely serious here oddball, or maybe you do and I have been successfully whooshed.

Thought my post was pretty much tongue in cheek.