'Well - Livi

Couldn't see a thread.....

Of all the teams in the league - Livi seem to be the most different home and away. Both games at Fir Park in 2019 against them were incredibly open, entertaining (for 'Well fans anyway) games where Livi looked *very* different to the games in Livingston where the style of play that they are best known for had them as the better team. A lot about the game tomorrow will probably hinge on whether we can get at them in a similar way to the games last season where our pace in attack (and especially on the break) was pretty telling.

Would expect minimal changes to Wednesday's team, save for a bit of rotation in forward areas (most likely Hylton for Seedorf) - it doesn't seem possible that either Long or Cole would be dropped after Wednesday.

A win here would help to keep us in the high placings with Aberdeen and Killie playing - and seems important the week before we got to Parkhead...

59 minutes ago, Swello said:

Couldn't see a thread.....

Of all the teams in the league - Livi seem to be the most different home and away. Both games at Fir Park in 2019 against them were incredibly open, entertaining (for 'Well fans anyway) games where Livi looked *very* different to the games in Livingston where the style of play that they are best known for had them as the better team. A lot about the game tomorrow will probably hinge on whether we can get at them in a similar way to the games last season where our pace in attack (and especially on the break) was pretty telling.

Would expect minimal changes to Wednesday's team, save for a bit of rotation in forward areas (most likely Hylton for Seedorf) - it doesn't seem possible that either Long or Cole would be dropped after Wednesday.

A win here would help to keep us in the high placings with Aberdeen and Killie playing - and seems important the week before we got to Parkhead...

At the moment without any recognised strikers I'd be gobsmacked if we scored against Well's defence. In addition, with Gallagher in the Wells defence, our long throws and set pieces will be pretty much a wast of time. Therefore, unfortunately, the strategy should probably be stopping Wells from scoring but 10 men behind the ball isn't really in our DNA so am not really confident. 

But have a greenie anyway for spelling "Livi" correctly.

38 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Do we need to bribe the ref for this one as well?

The referee for this one is Euan Anderson. 

He refereed our nil-nil draw with Celtic last April and totally ignored standard protocol of awarding Celtic their customary penalty at home. Shocking refereeing; do these guys simply not understand the rules?

Pleased that Souda is not playing.  He seems like a big time Charlie but there is definitely some skill and presence there. It would also be pleasing if Dykes did not make the game either.  Read comments on Livi thread saying he is struggling to shake of an injury.  Will he make it ?

Same team for me as started v Killie. Can save big Bevis for Parkhead in a week's time.  Could do with the 3 points here as that game is on the horizon.

Hopefully we still have a Manager in place for both games !!!

29 minutes ago, Durnford said:

The referee for this one is Euan Anderson. 

He refereed our nil-nil draw with Celtic last April and totally ignored standard protocol of awarding Celtic their customary penalty at home. Shocking refereeing; do these guys simply not understand the rules?

I wonder if he's refereed against Celtic since then..........

23 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’d be surprised if we’re 3-0 up at half time again again.

Home win tommorow, no doubt about that.Livi have too many injuries to key players although theyl fight like hell.Its Motherwells to lose imo.The gods are against Livi.🦁

You just know we'll be on the end of a contentious decision and the thread will be taken over by Killie fans coming on to say GIRUY.

I'm expecting a similar game to the Kilmarnock one, tight and with a nervy end. I don't think we can afford to go behind as we seem to struggle to break teams down when they sit in.

I have a feeling that we are due to turn a team over at some point. Think tomorrow could be the game.

4-0 Well with a double for Cole, one for Long and the obligatory goal from Donnelly.

However I am more than likely to be wrong and it will end up 0-0.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

You just know we'll be on the end of a contentious decision and the thread will be taken over by Killie fans coming on to say GIRUY.

I'm expecting a similar game to the Kilmarnock one, tight and with a nervy end. I don't think we can afford to go behind as we seem to struggle to break teams down when they sit in.

Hope so, we're due a penalty or 3 the amount of shite decisions that have recently gone against us.

Wouldn't worry if you go behind though, we've chucked away 2 goal HT leads twice now, and have lost 4 games after scoring first.

Being a Motherwell exile in Livingston I have seen the lions 3 times this season. No goals conceded against us, Celtic and Hearts.

We ( as we all know) will face a team who will press us high and attempt to stop our threat at source.

Important we score earlyish as the longer game goes Livi will become more adventurous and seek to play on our nerves-----something they are very good at.

On flip side Livi are quite blunt up front especially if Dykes doesn't make it.

Going for a 1-0 home win.