Cove Rangers v The Binos

First visit for us to Cove and their new ground. Hopefully after a good performance last week against Albion Rovers, we can get something from this game.

It will be difficult but if we can keep Cove’s midfield quiet and not give them too much space then who knows.

Prediction Cove 2 Binos 1. Hope to be proved wrong. [emoji853]

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

First visit for us to Cove and their new ground. Hopefully after a good performance last week against Albion Rovers, we can get something from this game.

It will be difficult but if we can keep Cove’s midfield quiet and not give them too much space then who knows.

Prediction Cove 2 Binos 1. Hope to be proved wrong. emoji853.png

Welcome to Stirling A. Fans Zone at the ground also welcomes away fans 👍

Grounds not as grand as Stirling’s and the views don’t compare either.

Sure it’ll be a decent game though.

Will be interesting game, Cove are free scoring but prone to conceding the odd goal when tested, Stirling have been on the whole very decent defensively this season but struggling to score goals but their win over Rovers will give them confidence, it might be closer than some neutrals some might expect but Cove look very strong at home ,

It would be nice if Stirling Albion could score first and hold on for a 1-0 win or even 1-1.   Had a win last week so might have gained some confidence from that.

However, most likely Cove will steamroller them like they do to every team, every week.

Can only see a Cove win, 2-0 or more.

Unlucky Stirling Albion. Great support with lots of cheer throughout the game. Well drilled and could have easily got out of there with a draw. 

Had a fantastic chance for a goal late in second half too.

SA made it hard for Cove today with two banks of four. Cove didn’t have much creativity  

On 07/11/2019 at 10:46, Hampden Diehard said:

Wear your thermals. It was Baltic on 31st July.

This.

Went down today with United not playing, and to visit a new ground. It is the coldest ground in Scotland. Arbroath will be raging. I do hope Cove look at putting some more cover in, maybe joining up all the bus shelters.

1-0 really flatters the Binos, Cove could have won 3-0 today and had no complaints. Great to Declan Glass is playing excellently, we'll take him back in January thank you. Also really good to see Fyvie comfortable playing again.

Fair play to the fair number of Albion fans who made the journey up, pretty vocal too.

Edited by ArabAuslander

2 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

This.

Went down today with United not playing, and to visit a new ground. It is the coldest ground in Scotland. Arbroath will be raging. I do hope Cove look at putting some more cover in, maybe joining up all the bus shelters.

1-0 really flatters the Binos, Cove could have won 3-0 today and had no complaints. Great to Declan Glass is playing excellently, we'll take him back in January thank you. Also really good to see Fyvie comfortable playing again.

Fair play to the fair number of Albion fans who made the journey up, pretty vocal too.

Please let us keep Glass a bit longer 😯

Wasn’t much quality in the final third today. Been much better game this season but nice to eek out a win

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Please let us keep Glass a bit longer 😯

Wasn’t much quality in the final third today. Been much better game this season but nice to eek out a win

Yeah got the impression that Megginson has been much better this season than he was today, what happened to Matty Smith is he injured, cos I didn't see him on the bench?

I was going to ask the same. Matty gets game and looks sharp. 

No Canto (on loan from Aberdeen) due to injury.

Would love to see Mitch have a striking partner upfront with him. He’s putting in so much legwork, chasing down and trying to hold up the ball. If he had a Shane Sutherland esq partner he’d play differently.  

Mitch is still effective I must say and gets his share

23 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was a handball decision and looked like strong claim. Would like to see it again though as it happens so quick in real time  

I would say it was a definite hand ball as I saw it clearly. Stirling will climb the league I’m sure, they seemed well drilled but in the end Cove deserved the spoils without ever really playing as well as they usually do. Still think Martin Scott has more to offer than the last ten minutes he’s getting. I thought Glass was a bit quieter today definitely a player for the future but would Dundee Utd sitting top of the league want him back just yet??

57 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

I would say it was a definite hand ball as I saw it clearly. Stirling will climb the league I’m sure, they seemed well drilled but in the end Cove deserved the spoils without ever really playing as well as they usually do. Still think Martin Scott has more to offer than the last ten minutes he’s getting. I thought Glass was a bit quieter today definitely a player for the future but would Dundee Utd sitting top of the league want him back just yet??

Was my first reaction too. Surprised PH left it so late to change things to be honest. Jimmy could have come on earlier. Nice to see Robbo get on and he should have scored albeit a fine save from the keeper.

Glass wasn’t really on fire today. Canto will strengthen the squad once back from injury.