Scotland Vs Kazakhstan 19th Nov 2019

Gordopolis

6 minutes ago, clydebank kopite said:

They cant be compared like for like their games are totally different and have different attributes offer differences to both clubs and country 

Of course you can that was.used as a criticism of mcburnie, well.he's definitely stronger than naismith isn't he?

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

How many times have you watched mcburnie?  Though you make your case well tbf. 

Saw him live against Costa Rica and Russia. Watched him on TV quite a number of times. 

He's a good player at championship level but he has quite a bit to go at top level despite his price tag. 

You obviously don't like naismith but the guy has played at the top over a prolonged period and there is a reason for that. 

11 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Saw him live against Costa Rica and Russia. Watched him on TV quite a number of times. 

He's a good player at championship level but he has quite a bit to go at top level despite his price tag. 

You obviously don't like naismith but the guy has played at the top over a prolonged period and there is a reason for that. 

But naismith isn't a good player at.championship level anymore is he?  There's a reason he plays for hearts now.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

But naismith isn't a good player at.championship level anymore is he?  There's a reason he plays for hearts now.

I'm sure he could be if he wanted. But he's 33, just bought a house in Stewarton and wanted to live in it so looked for a move back to Scotland 

5 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

I'm sure he could be if he wanted. But he's 33, just bought a house in Stewarton and wanted to live in it so looked for a move back to Scotland 

Oh really, is that why he was binned by a championship club two years ago?  After playing three games and scoring no.goals?

Just now, Kuro said:

Oh really, is that why he was binned by a championship club two years ago?  After playing three games and scoring no.goals?

Well he was binned because he was on extremely high wages and they wanted him off the wage bill and granted his form wasn't great. 

The guy has scored goals in spl, epl, champions league and international football so there is no reason to think he wouldn't be a success at championship level. 

I'm not arguing that naismith would score more goals than Mcburnie in the championship, he wouldn't. I'm arguing the he is better suited to leading the attack for Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Well he was binned because he was on extremely high wages and they wanted him off the wage bill and granted his form wasn't great. 

The guy has scored goals in spl, epl, champions league and international football so there is no reason to think he wouldn't be a success at championship level. 

I'm not arguing that naismith would score more goals than Mcburnie in the championship, he wouldn't. I'm arguing the he is better suited to leading the attack for Scotland. 

So.has kenny dalglish, so do you expect Leeds to bid for him in January?

Just now, dysartrovers said:

You've taken that to stupid levels. as much as I would like a younger striker playing I feel Naismith will hold the ball up better for the style of football we want to play

Well you're using naismiths whole career as an indicator of his abilities now.  I'm saying he's done, so.what he did ten years ago is as relevant as what dalglish did forty years ago.  I bet dalglish now would hold the ball.up take nice touches, link.the play and move very intelligently, so maybe we should play him then?

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Well you're using naismiths whole career as an indicator of his abilities now.  I'm saying he's done, so.what he did ten years ago is as relevant as what dalglish did forty years ago.  I bet dalglish now would hold the ball.up take nice touches, link.the play and move very intelligently, so maybe we should play him then?

No because he's 68 and that would be ridiculous. 

Just now, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, Kuro said:
Yeah, he's a better player than henderson.  Bayern and Juve he'd play plenty.

You've clearly never seen Juventus this season. They play with one man in the middle and as much as I'm a McBurnie fan Pjanic is on another level.

Pjanic is a wonderful player, I wouldn't pick mcburnie over him.