Raith Rovers vs Dumbarton

Iain Davidson has been chopping c***s in half for over a decade for you lot and that photo of Dougie Hill trying to strangle Falkingham in an off the ball incident is championed by you guys, yet you're always on here moaning about the treatment your wee star players get on and off the ball.
Hopefully we punt Hendry in the first minute and I'll be disappointed if Duffy isn't telling our midfield the same thing. #sonsgang

Doubt you’d be able to cope for 89 minutes plus injury time with 10 men like Falkirk did though

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Iain Davidson has been chopping c***s in half for over a decade for you lot and that photo of Dougie Hill trying to strangle Falkingham in an off the ball incident is championed by you guys, yet you're always on here moaning about the treatment your wee star players get on and off the ball.

Hopefully we punt Hendry in the first minute and I'll be disappointed if Duffy isn't telling our midfield the same thing. #sonsgang

Who are your talented players, so we can kick them? The b*****ds.

Falkingham’s top button was undone and Dougie was just helping him fasten it.

True sportsmanship. I’m sure he got an award for it at Sports Personality of the Year.

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Doubt you’d be able to cope for 89 minutes plus injury time with 10 men like Falkirk did though

I doubt we'll be able to cope with 11 on the park tbh, given our fairly piss poor record at Starks.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Who are your talented players, so we can kick them? The b*****ds.

Conor Scullion and Jordan Pettigrew. We might keep them on the bench so they don't get injured though.

3 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

Falkingham’s top button was undone and Dougie was just helping him fasten it.

True sportsmanship. I’m sure he got an award for it at Sports Personality of the Year.

As he should have done. No complaints from me about Davo or Hill's behaviour, just find it a bit pathetic that some folk greet about good players getting rough treatment. Teams would be mad to stand off Hendry and let him dictate play, he's one of the best in the league at it. I imagine tackling the oppositions best player quite hard is a fairly common place tactic across all levels of football.

Can’t argue with any of that.

Our fans demand we get stuck in to anyone who’s deemed a danger man but get all defensive and outraged when it happens to one of our players.

In fairness Falkingham deserved the strangulation. Still wish big Dougie would come back

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Has Rico Quitongo  improved at all? Bowie gave him a lot of problems on the opening day on the wing, albeit the rest of our squad was mediocre that day.

He has, but he's still quite raw. We actually missed him quite badly when he was out injured recently, I think he's growing on a lot of Sons fans.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Quitongo was absolutely hopeless on the first day. First touch non-existent and must’ve kicked the ball straight out of play a good 15 times. Unless he’s improved a monumental amount I’d imagine we’ll be focusing a lot down his side.

He's still the weak link in the defence so I would expect you will, most teams have done the same.

When I think about it both Davo and Hills red cards were similar as they came after the ref had waved play-on after a blatant fouls.  Davo's red came after an Airdrie players fine bit of basketball playing skill (funny how Murray never mentioned that in his interview). Hills was as a direct result of Falkingham mouthing off after Alan Walker had just been sent off for taking the law into his own hands following a thumping high tackle on another Raith man (Vaughan?).

At the end of the day neither are excusable but I remember feeling more aggrieved at the ref for allowing it all to go that far, especially the ref against the Pars that day as he had definitely lost the plot!

And aye, I'd love to see big Dougie or someone like him back at SP too!

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

Hills was as a direct result of Falkingham mouthing off after Alan Walker had just been sent off for taking the law into his own hands following a thumping high tackle on another Raith man (Vaughan?).

What didn't help was Grant Murray winding Dougie up on the way to the tunnel, he has to take as much responsibility for the red than Hill.

Dougie Hill's an excellent centre half, really liked him in his spell with us.

I agree with this, I thought he was massively underrated and a far superior player than the likes of Dowie. I was extremely disappointed when we let him go to retain shite like Dowie and chuck a contract at Ross Perry. Another Aitken masterstroke.

He was always known as a bit of a hot headed nutter before joining us but as much as he was solid as f**k in the tackle he was always extremely composed and never lost the plot.