Caley Thistle vs Arbroath

1 minute ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

All 3 stands are terrible. We only had one before we had to put 2 more in because of stupid SPL rules. Blame them not us. We don’t have the fanbase (nor does most of this league) to fill 3 stands.

Terraces would be much better behind the goals but we are a European, Scottish Cup winning side so it cannot be done.

So, basically what you're saying, is you should have stayed in the Highland League instead of morphing two clubs, each with a hundred  year heritage,  purely for short term gain?

I don't think anyone disagrees that the stadium is not the best, this is why no one is biting.
The Main Stand is alright, you get a good view of the pitch and there is a bar below the stand but the other two other stands are not that nice. I find the angle to shallow so you end up when you sit down looking at the back of someones head. Much preferred when there was terracing behind the goals. The A9 side has gas pipes so its not possible to build there.

Wasn't trying to get bites and I agree with you

Probably a good home support there tiday for this league but place is wide open

Having three stands is alright (as mentioned building something substantial on the A9 side is a non-starter) but it's the lack of imagination that has ruined the ground.  Now I understand they wanted the stands up quick for the SPL in 2004/05, but they built them miles away from the pitch.  There was absolutely no foresight on fan experience and I would imagine the aforementioned distance between the goalline and the first row of seats is probably one of the biggest in Scotland.

Perhaps if weren't for the gas pipes we would've gone for a Main Stand MK II instead of the north and south stands but oh well.  I don't think even the staunchest Caley Thistle fan would defend the stadium really - it's a dump.

28 minutes ago, A.K. Barr said:

In your head rent free for 4 months. Brilliant.

Indeed you have been and in the meantime I had been very careful to avoid women with one eye and peg legs and you'll be happy to know that I have had no negative experiences.  Still wary of them though.

Right I come on here to wind up Caley fans and got to page 4 and seen this 

2 hours ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

To fans of all wee teams out there (3rd and below).

IMG_0464.jpg

How the f**k are Dundee third in the league?! 

Jesus shitting christ you're all shite. 

This will make fans laugh there is a couple of fans on Facebook trying to say the match was fixed LMAO what a load of bollocks you think the Caley fans here are deluded you have not been to Caleythistle online or our Facebook page 😂😅 match fixing in the Scottish championship!?!😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Super Caley Man said:

This will make fans laugh there is a couple of fans on Facebook trying to say the match was fixed LMAO what a load of bollocks you think the Caley fans here are deluded you have not been to Caleythistle online or our Facebook page 😂😅 match fixing in the Scottish championship!?!😂😂😂😂

It's true,

The ref won a Heifer, a neep and some magic beans.

Absolute piss from ICT. Arbroath deserved the win and probably could have scored more. Donaldson can f**k off to County now if he thinks he's good enough to play for them.

Arbroath played us superbly, sit in and absorb our timid attacks then counter quickly using the pace of Linn who destroyed Rooney for most of the game.

Genuinely struggling to think of anything positive from an ICT perspective other than the full time whistle.

6 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Yes. There are only a handful of clubs in Scottish football that have achieved more than us during our existence.

You've won one top-flight national trophy in 25 years

In the same period, Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen & Kilmarnock have won more, and Dundee United, St Mirren, Ross County, Raith Rovers, Livingston & St Johnstone have won the same number.

Hardly a handful, I would suggest.