leigh Griffiths

greenockraver

I think Griffiths was dropped for more than just squad rotation/freshness. Not saying it was for some misdemeanor. More that he's just not quite hit the heights since his comeback. Against livi Lennon wanted to change things up a bit in order to avoid a repeat of the defeat earlier in the season. Griffiths was dropped to allow that and because I think Lennon isn't quite convinced by his form yet.

He's not the griffiths of 2 years ago. If he was I don't think anyone would be questioning whether he should start for us. Obvs hoping he will get back to that but it doesn't look like it'll happen soon.

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ah right, you're the same guy who doesn't think mental health is a "real" illness.

Excuse me ? I’ve got a helluva lot more experience of managing people with mental illness than you’ll ever have. 

However this is a football forum so go elsewhere if that’s the type of debate you are craving.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Griffiths is a top lad and a total geezer.  The quintessential Scottish player, a flawed genius. Gallus as f**k, talented, total nutcase and capable of pure brilliance. 

Always a wee touch of class about everything he does too and he's a clever wee player.  He just needs some love and he'll be quality again, a goal against Israel and his confidence would take off again.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

On two separate occasions you've questioned his commitment, mentioned him having a year's holiday and implied that the fact he's highly paid should influence how he feels.

Previous and current managers have questioned his commitment during training. I never said ‘holiday’ I said a years break from playing so should be physically fresh. I never said his salary impacts how he feels, I suggested his lifestyle makes it look like money is a big driver for him.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Previous and current managers have questioned his commitment during training. I never said ‘holiday’ I said a years break from playing so should be physically fresh. I never said his salary impacts how he feels, I suggested his lifestyle makes it look like money is a big driver for him.

Out of interest what kind of lifestyle is it that you’re referring to? And how do you know it to be like this?

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Have they?  You'll need to show us some quotes.  If money was such a big factor he'd be in China or the UAE or even the English Championship.

54 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m guessing that state of the art home bars and private yachts in Dubai don’t come cheap mate.

I’m still missing the point of what exactly this has to do with anything? Answer being the square root of nothing. Bizarre point. 

57 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m guessing that state of the art home bars and private yachts in Dubai don’t come cheap mate.

Who cares?  He earns a lot of money, he can spend it how he likes.  That's completely irrelevant, you said he's money motivated.  What is your proof of that?  You also said he is known for being a bad trainer according to coaches in the past and now, so which coaches said what and when?

On 02/02/2020 at 18:30, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s a good player but a total clown.

21 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Excuse me ? I’ve got a helluva lot more experience of managing people with mental illness than you’ll ever have. 

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Previous and current managers have questioned his commitment during training. I suggested his lifestyle makes it look like money is a big driver for him.

There’s no need to go round in circles if you provide evidence of the shit you’ve thrown his way. And if he is motivated by money then so fucking what also? I certainly don’t do my job for free, why should he? 

It just seems strange to me that someone who says they have extensive experience of dealing with people with mental health issues would be so judgement, particularly with what appear to be baseless and futile allegations to back it up.

11 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

There’s no need to go round in circles if you provide evidence of the shit you’ve thrown his way. And if he is motivated by money then so fucking what also? I certainly don’t do my job for free, why should he? 

It just seems strange to me that someone who says they have extensive experience of dealing with people with mental health issues would be so judgement, particularly with what appear to be baseless and futile allegations to back it up.

Tbf that’s some effort you’ve put in there and you are racking up the greenies so have another one on me.

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf that’s some effort you’ve put in there and you are racking up the greenies so have another one on me.

You could of just said fair enough I was talking shite. But thanks for the old greenie anyway, that’ll get me a few beers tonight. 

Just now, Londonwell said:

You could of just said fair enough I was talking shite. But thanks for the old greenie anyway, that’ll get me a few beers tonight. 

I didn’t think you were talking shite, I just didn’t agree with you.

Enjoy your beers tonight mate - although if you are drinking on a Friday can I call your professionalism into question 😉