Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

We have the time to prepare that they didn't though, and hopefully that'll make a difference.

They're ramping it all up good and proper in hospitals right now. It's not going to perfect, and whistle blowers and the media do need to keep pressing them - but those in charge are trying to do everything they can to get ready for this. Surely that isn't being questioned.

And then there's the concentration in lombardi. Hopefully we're a bit more spread out in our clusters (yes I'm talking Britain because I'm a yes supporter who isn't a selfish arsehole).

Scotland is even further spread out, so again that should help us up here.

It's more the attitude of the citizens of this green and pleasant isle that i'm worried about. We've had the advantage of time that Italy and Spain didn't have but we've not adjusted behaviour in anticipation of the spike in infections. Pissed the advantage up the wall in that regard really. 

I'm sure the NHS on both sides of the border is doing what it can now to increase capacities. 

7 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Not you, you're a mushroom supper eating,  green trouser wearing deviant.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
Bwuh haha (Waffenthinmint alias revealed).

Also, what Tynie said.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

But he's a great goalscorer.

BC9FB42B-C91A-4B59-9F53-EC7827A5ABD4.gif

3 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

It's more the attitude of the citizens of this green and pleasant isle that i'm worried about. We've had the advantage of time that Italy and Spain didn't have but we've not adjusted behaviour in anticipation of the spike in infections. Pissed the advantage up the wall in that regard really. 

I'm sure the NHS on both sides of the border is doing what it can now to increase capacities. 

DNR notices getting posted all over the shop.

40 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I've dusted off the old scientific calculator and have just estimated that there will be 8 million cases of coronavirus in Scotland by next month.

My scientific calculator says 5318008. This, however, may be more of a reflection of my puerile sense of humour than my ability to model the spread of coronavirus.

32 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

People are idiots. I’ll be spending the day with The Wire season one and some beers

All in the game, yo.

34 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm going out for an hour somewhere relatively quiet an isolated for a walk. Might park at the Quay and go a walk alongside the Clyde, there's never a high traffic of people there.

Hope you're right.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Utter nonsense frankly, if we actually had the products these wankthedugs are selfishly hoarding the sales figures would be far higher. Yesterday morning we had more people queueing up to get in than we would usually serve in the first 3 hours of trading.

I strongly suspect there isn't actually much panic buying or hoarding in the way we imagine. Supermarkets in the UK took £193.4bn in revenue in 2019, which is £3.7bn/week. £1bn extra has been added over 3 weeks: approx 10% rise per week for 3 weeks. That's small, give that...

People are buying larger quantities of relatively cheap goods, things like bags of pasta and toilet paper come in at around a £1 or so each. While they are likely buying less electronic goods, cloths etc. 

Also

Supermarkets in the UK took £193.4bn in revenue in 2019,

A large chunk of that will be November December. This will likely slightly distort comparing early March with an annual average. 

The buying patterns are very focused on certain products, this makes those products less available while likely others are languishing unsold on the racks. 

That is pretty much panic buying. 

Guest Moomintroll
A large chunk of that will be November December. This will likely slightly distort comparing early March with an annual average. 
The buying patterns are very focused on certain products, this makes those products less available while likely others are languishing unsold on the racks. 

Yurp, that is exactly what we are seeing, bizarrely enough you can make perfectly good meals from what is left but if they haven't read about in the papers,they don't want to buy it. They are utter fuckwitted shitgibbons.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
6 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Yurp, that is exactly what we are seeing, bizarrely enough you can make perfectly good meals from what is left but if they haven't read about in the papers,they don't want to buy it. They are utter fuckwitted shitgibbons.

I'm adding 'fuckwitted shitgibbons' to my insult list.