Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I think he'll be Boris's scapegoat in a couple of weeks.

It’s the only reason he’s not gone yet I think. Quite obvious they’re going to hang him out to dry once the situation improves.

What Cummings does at that stage though, should be interesting.

53 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

This is going to be a disaster here in the highlands. The amount of caravans, campervans and holiday letters who have come north to 'ride this out' is disgraceful.

Ignorant c***s. The virus is already here, our communities will need the limited health care provision available. Rural shops are being stripped of all provisions. We have an overwhelming elderly population up here. Please stay at home.

Do all the selfish tourists read P&B?

22 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I think you need to work on your priorities right now. Petty point scoring can wait no? 

Not really.

NHS England and Wales are running to a completely different set of rules to NHS Scotland.

For example, the large number of Covid testing kits that went onto order last week, these will almost exclusively be for England and Wales NHS trusts (despite being manufactured up here) as the order was co-ordinated by Public Health England

Any Scottish order for these will come through the Scottish Government directly (there is no Public Health Scotland as far as I am aware) so I don't think it's particularly petty for someone to apply a different set of rules when comparing Scotland or NI numbers to England and Wales. Be they favourable either way.

Edited by djchapsticks

17 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

No way to get rid of Cunntings unless he goes so far that even Johnson says 'That's enough'   Fat chance.

They reversed his buildupherdimmunityfastfuckthepensioners strategy in 48 hours, doubt he's too popular at No 10 at the mo.

16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Posters losing the plot, racism and general headsgone already and were not even in a proper lockdown situation yet.

This thread is going to get very very messy.

Still surprised the bold boy hasn't been pulled up more for that - quite clearly - racist post. 

Gearing up to be a terrific Sunday though. 

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It's not about "point scoring". Just think we need to be careful about how the term "we" is used. Scotland has its own independent healthcare system.

I was talking about the death rate matching Italy at 233 after 14 days. Obviously I'm talking about the UK and not Scotland so your little interjection wasn't at all required. 

It's a relevant point i'm making because the tone that Boris Johnson sets influences how people in all countries in the UK are behaving and he's made an arse of things. I'm not criticising NHS Scotland or the Scottish Government but you knew that. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not really.

NHS England and Wales are running to a completely different set of rules to NHS Scotland.

For example, the large number of Covid testing kits that went onto order last week, these will almost exclusively be for England and Wales NHS trusts (despite being manufactured up here) as the order was co-ordinated by Public Health England

Any Scottish order for these will come through the Scottish Government directly (there is no Public Health Scotland as far as I am aware) so I don't think it's particularly petty for someone to apply a different set of rules when comparing Scotland or NI numbers to England and Wales. Be they favourable either way.

Wow really? I didn't know that thanks buddy!

See above and sit down. 

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Mother’s Day is a stupid concept that I have never believed in.

Ffs throbs. She carried you for 9 months, went through excruciating pain to give birth to you and no doubt many years of pain watching you grow into the well rounded individual you are now. Is giving her an hour or so of your undivided attention one day a year really too much to ask? 

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

I was talking about the death rate matching Italy at 233 after 14 days. Obviously I'm talking about the UK and not Scotland so your little interjection wasn't at all required. 

It's a relevant point i'm making because the tone that Boris Johnson sets influences how people in all countries in the UK are behaving and he's made an arse of things. I'm not criticising NHS Scotland or the Scottish Government but you knew that. 

Well NHS Scotland is part of the UK. So if the UK is being criticized, then so is NHS Scotland. Why can't you just say NHS England?

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I've been on immunosuppressants for 10 years. I can't online anywhere what dosage is considered significant or not

I'm in the same boat. I get a flu jab, have to get my blood monitored and one of the two immunosuppressants I take gets brought to me in a fancy refrigerated van. I'm presuming that makes me high risk but who knows.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They reversed his buildupherdimmunityfastfuckthepensioners strategy in 48 hours, doubt he's too popular at No 10 at the mo.

Yeah, he will surely be thrown to the wolves once this is all said and done.

He already has a reputation within the tories as being a complete and utter sociopath. And let's be honest, if the tories are labelling you as such, he's clearly a problematic individual.  

Day two update on Champ Man 01/02   

A decent first season with Man Utd saw me pick up an FA Cup with a win against Leeds and a Champions league with a win against Arsenal.  My star signing Michael Owen got the winner after Defoe put me ahead.   In the league I finished a distant 3rd behind winners Arsenal and  Everton.   Plan for next season is to get Robben added to the squad.

Playing this series 20  odd years ago it's a miracle I ever left the house.  It was such a simple game unlike the FM19/20 etc which is so full of needless features it ruins the whole experience.

Excellent fun.

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ffs throbs. She carried you for 9 months, went through excruciating pain to give birth to you and no doubt many years of pain watching you grow into the well rounded individual you are now. Is giving her an hour or so of your undivided attention one day a year really too much to ask? 

Throbber came via a Stork, a very large Stork but a Stork none the less.

1 hour ago, Worktheshaft said:

This is going to be a disaster here in the highlands. The amount of caravans, campervans and holiday letters who have come north to 'ride this out' is disgraceful.

Ignorant c***s. The virus is already here, our communities will need the limited health care provision available. Rural shops are being stripped of all provisions. We have an overwhelming elderly population up here. Please stay at home.

Wouldn't mind jumping in the van and heading up north, a wee break away from it all would be nice but after reading about it yesterday it's not the best idea.

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Well NHS Scotland is part of the UK. So if the UK is being criticized, then so is NHS Scotland. Why can't you just say NHS England?

Because in the context of my original comment it wasn't necessary to distinguish between the two. I was clearly talking about the UK as a whole. I'm sorry if that has offended you.