Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

That's a fair question.

And I dont direct this all at you.

The point I'm trying to make is that merely criticising the hygiene and actions of groups of Chinese people does not make you a racist. There are people from many countries being criticised on here.

There are many news articles like the ones I quoted previously doing just that. 

I was hoping the people calling me a racist would have the balls to comment on the articles. They haven't because the know they are wrong.

To call someone a racist and then run off when asked to prove their point is the behaviour of very low class people. To use the word racist as a weapon is disgusting.

Everything that is said on here is stored and so can be read back and quoted. I have asked a few time for me to be quoted being a racist. And yet there has been no quotes.

So just to finalise, I am in fact not a racist.

This is an anonymous forum so if I wanted to say racist things what would be stopping me?

I have said nothing racist, if you think I have please prove your point.

And finally Marshmallo specificly is a scum bag.

Why did you share false stories about hantavirus and describe it as a "new virus originating from China"?

15 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

That's a fair question.

The point I'm trying to make is that merely criticising the hygiene and actions of groups of Chinese people does not make you a racist. There are people from many countries being criticised on here.

I was hoping the people calling me a racist would have the balls to comment on the articles. They haven't because the know they are wrong.

To call someone a racist and then run off when asked to prove their point is the behaviour of very low class people. To use the word racist as a weapon is disgusting.

Everything that is said on here is stored and so can be read back and quoted. I have asked a few time for me to be quoted being a racist. And yet there has been no quotes.

This is an anonymous forum so if I wanted to say racist things what would be stopping me?

^^^ racist imo.

That's a fair question.
The wet markets are abhorrent, criticising them isn't racist. Instead you were advocating boycotting anything Chinese and declaring every single Chinese person as being filthy, tucking into bat and anything else they get their hands on.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yasss. 1 person per family to come in now.

I had suggested to my wife last night that this would be a good idea (and indeed only one of us has gone in to the shops when we've needed to in the last week). However, she made the very good point that this wouldn't work for single parents (or parents whose partner is still working in an essential job) with young kids. You can hardly leave the kids alone at home or in the car park.

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Do proper off-licences still exist anywhere? I don't think there's been one in Inverness since Haddows and Victoria Wine bit the dust.

You still get wee beer bottle shops opening and closing on a regular basis. Last proper one I remember was Oddbins on Union Street.

I had suggested to my wife last night that this would be a good idea (and indeed only one of us has gone in to the shops when we've needed to in the last week). However, she made the very good point that this wouldn't work for single parents (or parents whose partner is still working in an essential job) with young kids. You can hardly leave the kids alone at home or in the car park.
Yup so this is something we spoke about. We have people on the front door who will speak to customers and advise etc.
So some scenarios like you said are unavoidable.
Next step is how many people in store at a time

Just to clarify how useless online supermarket shopping currently is.

I am aware Tesco has zero slots for delivery or uplift in next 3 weeks fine.

However having booked a slot 2 weeks ago for a delivery last night. A sensible list mind. No arseholeness. Tesco turns up with less than a 3rd of the items ordered. Now considering every item on the list would have been in stock in the last day or 2 it shows the shambles.

Clearly anyone with a 10pm delivery booked (mine was earlier) will get their shopping packed at 8pm that night when fuckall is in stock.

Not sure what the motto of the story is but in theory now I have had a home delivery I would rather have cancelled.

Ps fuckk knows what divet decides mould cleaner is a substitute for sausages

Yup so this is something we spoke about. We have people on the front door who will speak to customers and advise etc.
So some scenarios like you said are unavoidable.
Next step is how many people in store at a time
Asda in Cumbernauld are only letting so many in at a time, was a queue to get in. Only letting one in when another shopper had left.

The Scottish government is to give large subsidies to the fishing and seafood industries from the money that has been made available.
Why does this relatively small sector always seem to get disproportionate assistance?

Heard a recent talk on Radio 4 about the massive stushie around the fishing industry and Brexit when it accounts for something like 0.4% of GDP. It basically comes down to culture, history and the relative importance the country as a whole places on our fishing communities.