Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This story updated from yesterday

Coronavirus could already have infected HALF the British population and been spreading in the UK since JANUARY, Oxford University study claims - as official death toll jumps record 87 in a day to 422 and confirmed cases leap by 1,427

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8148529/Coronavirus-infected-half-British-population-say-Oxford-University-experts.html
This below shouldn't be acceptable -
26351172-8147821-image-m-213_1585067689934.jpg&key=c0a2dbb9aeae5c37274bba9f358044de7dd38db319d2029cff30ec19b02ac403    
I dont believe that this is true but I have noticed that half a dozen people I know lost elderly relatives. My uncle died from pneumonia last month. There was a massive outbreak of a bad flu in Seattle (I think) at the same time.

Not sure if this has been posted.   
Moron of the year award goes to...

A man who filmed himself licking a toilet bowl in the 'coronavirus challenge' is now reportedly ill in hospital with the deadly disease.

In bizarre footage posted on TikTok, the man can be seen placing his mouth around the bowl and extending his tongue.

According to Piers Morgan on GMB, the same man is now receiving treatment.

The presenter said: "You may remember also the other idiot, this is also in America, as part of the coronavirus challenge some morons are doing, went into  his local toilet cubicle and licked the bowl

Saw Morgan share a video of a guy licking the hand rail on a train as well today.

It’s crazy how much of a taboo things like licking the rim of a toilet bowl or deliberately sneezing all over someone have become in 2020,

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Woke up with a dose of the violent Earthas at 2.30am.  Started sweating like sjc in a Japanese school and thought this is it.

Have taken 3 Imodium. Currently on the sofa with a quilt. 

Will report back later.

Sorry to hear that but diheeriahohihay isn't a symptom of Covid, afaik.  

You've probably got something more serious.

No, just checked, about 50% Chinese sufferers had the shits.  😟

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Coronavirus could already have infected HALF the British population and been spreading in the UK since JANUARY, Oxford University study claims - as official death toll jumps record 87 in a day to 422 and confirmed cases leap by 1,427

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8148529/Coronavirus-infected-half-British-population-say-Oxford-University-experts.html

A cramped Tube on the Central line this morning as people travelled into work on the Underground as early as 5am

Don't know about "half" but I'd certainly believe that it's been here for months and spreading among us all.

I also had a close family member admitted to hospital with "pneumonia" back in mid February, he was initially taken in and given amoxycilin and then released later the same day. He appeared to be getting better over the next two days but then went dramatically downhill and the Doctor had to be called, he then immediately had an ambulance called and he was readmitted and then spent the next 5 days on a drip and on oxygen before recovering.

Maybe that was just "standard" pneumonia, however the ward was full of similar cases and I also had a work colleague who had a similar experience a couple of weeks earlier plus we've had half our department off with "flu like symptoms" over January and early February.

Strangely, since this has all been announced in the past couple of weeks there's been virtually nobody off at all.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

That's a fair leap from the paper shop to the supermarkets. So are the newsagents a critical service? The response has been pish everyone non critical should shut down. Building sites, hair salons, car showrooms, newsagents, factories not producing food medicine or other essential needs. The longer this half arsed approach goes on the longer I'm stuck in the house.

Paper shops are usually tobacconists too. Can't be having a chunk of the nation with drug withdrawal symptoms.

28 minutes ago, Snafu said:

A cramped Tube on the Central line this morning as people travelled into work on the Underground as early as 5am

My Dad passed away early Feb from respiratory problems, he’d been in the hospital since early Jan. ever since this coronavirus became “news” here I’ve wondered if he maybe had it. A few doctors/nurses were Chinese who’d been over there for Christmas  

Back to the building site fiasco.  

The government are telling builders merchants that have closed down that they are an essential service and must reopen.

https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/government-tells-builders-merchants-get-back-to-work

It has been pointed out the house builders were big contributors to the Tory Party at the last GE.

I wonder if there’s a link.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My Dad passed away early Feb from respiratory problems, he’d been in the hospital since early Jan. ever since this coronavirus became “news” here I’ve wondered if he maybe had it. A few doctors/nurses were Chinese who’d been over there for Christmas  

Sorry to hear that and we'll probably never know.

It has been mentioned on umpteen occasions that the Chinese had it as early as November and of course there were no restrictions of movement at that time and nobody had even hear of Coronavirus or Covid 19, so it would be very naive to think that it hadn't been spreading around the globe even before Christmas.

2 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

How come they found a testing kit for Charles Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and his equine paramour no problem, but ordinary, susceptible members of the public are being automatically filed in the "DNR" folder ??

He’s elderly now. If he had it, Lizzy Windsor might have it. If she has it, Chookie Embra might have it. With a combined age of 2,567, the three of them might kak it at the same time. Imagine the stooshie in organising three simultaneous state funerals where only one family member can attend, and Union flag hat wearing tossers couldn’t cry their eyes out lining the Mall? Charles simply must survive. You clearly haven’t thought this through.