Coronavirus (COVID-19)

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shouldn't be, tbf. Perth seems decent.

20200329_194703.thumb.jpg.1980d5df46d230ab4b94838b524fca84.jpg

On a dog walk for past 40 minutes and seen a handful of people, all headed to the local shop, and the odd car. Been through two parks with nobody but me in them.

Well... I guess if you compare that to the video of the park in Strathclyde, you might see one of the reasons why the figures differ.

1 minute ago, Qos91 said:

Are people still letting their kids play on swings, etc? I work for the council in Galloway and all parks have signs up saying not to use the play equipment. Is this the same in other areas? Not sure how much of a risk they would be for picking up the virus through contact.

I think play-parks were specifically mentioned in the big lock-down announcement on Monday. Folk seem to be clueless about how this thing spreads, which is mind-blowing at this point. You're not going to get it through your car. You are going to get it through a kid from a household with it touching the swings, then your kid coming on next and getting virus on their hands.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Sure, but they specifically avoided defining what local is, and they near-as-dammit said driving to exercise is fine as long as you follow all the social distancing rules.

My rule-of-thumb is a distance I could walk if I had to, like if the car broke down. I drive 2.1 miles up to Beecraigs and there's absolutely no way there's anything wrong, from any perspective, about it.

My patience with the self-appointed guardians of rules they've made, have no basis in epidemiology and are not what the authorities are saying up has completely worn out.

‘They’ didn’t say anything about driving being exercise ‘they’ said don’t drive unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Are you suggesting that each of us should only follow the advice that suits us or that we agree with?

I'm going to take the advice of the Chief Medical Officer over that of someone who thinks a kid can get enough exercise in a back garden, thanks.
You do know your car can't catch Covid-19, nor are you more likely to spread it because you're a couple of miles from home, right?
BTW, kids absolutely should not be going to playparks - that's already been stated very clearly. The risk of transmission through the surfaces they touch is an obvious problem.
People are only going a couple of miles away from home ?
Didnt the mountain search people say to f**k off.

We are not sticking to the rules is why shops etc are putting up more rules to stop people being c***s.
A letter has to be sent out to the entire UK to say stay at home.
Our pm is saying stay at home.

I cant unfortunately or I'd do as I'm told. Wish people would do the same and stop putting my life more in risk by carrying on like normal.
Sheds etc need painted which are essential.

Same in the play park near me, swings chained up and signs on the other play apparatus

Are people still letting their kids play on swings, etc? I work for the council in Galloway and all parks have signs up saying not to use the play equipment. Is this the same in other areas? Not sure how much of a risk they would be for picking up the virus through contact.

Most of us can only go by personal observation.  I am seeing a significant drop in ‘social interaction’ where I live.  The streets are far quieter, people out walking are for the most part keeping their distance, and most folk seem to be limiting their shopping trips.
There are exceptions, but if the objective is to minimise contact by 50% I think we are well on our way to seeing this happen.
Certainly quieter however distancing people dont really understand still

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

People are only going a couple of miles away from home ?
Didnt the mountain search people say to f**k off.

We are not sticking to the rules is why shops etc are putting up more rules to stop people being c***s.
A letter has to be sent out to the entire UK to say stay at home.
Our pm is saying stay at home.

I cant unfortunately or I'd do as I'm told. Wish people would do the same and stop putting my life more in risk by carrying on like normal.
Sheds etc need painted which are essential.

Fk me man, you're determined to double-down on being wrong.

Which bit of "local" do you not understand? Yes, that means the park nearby. No, it doesn't mean Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan.

The PM IS NOT telling people not to exercise. You know this, because you're not that stupid, but you're going to refuse to acknowledge the point because you're more interested in not losing face on the internet than on being accurate.

Nobody who is respecting social distancing while exercising is putting your life at risk.

Covid-19 is a respiratory disease. If people get it, their chances of staying out of ICU are hugely increased by having a healthy heart and lungs. Do you want to be competing for attention with unfit people if you ever need that care?

If your answer to a small number of people flagrantly flouting the rules is to ban everyone in the country from doing something very important for their health, all I can say is I'm glad you're nowhere near any power.

I know that all these words will have literally no effect on you and you'll just reply with more wrong and irrelevant noise. Please try to resist that urge. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

UK govt making a c**t of it.  Hands up if you’re surprised.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52082248

They've  been planning for this for weeks n weeks n weeks, they knew when every item and every measure was going to be required. 

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Most of us can only go by personal observation.  I am seeing a significant drop in ‘social interaction’ where I live.  The streets are far quieter, people out walking are for the most part keeping their distance, and most folk seem to be limiting their shopping trips.
There are exceptions, but if the objective is to minimise contact by 50% I think we are well on our way to seeing this happen.

Certainly quieter however distancing people dont really understand still

Some don’t understand, some do and chose to ignore.  Many people both understand and observing.

I stand by my 50%.  Think it’s a fair assumption.