Coronavirus (COVID-19)

David Icke thinks it's a plot to concentrate all power in the hands of the 1% to the detriment of small and medium enterprises and to facilitate a cull of the elderly. Watched his musings on Youtube. Would probably have been better advised to listen to Dave Beasant's thoughts on the subject.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well they can certainly forget about my custom.

As a responsible citizen I wont be frequenting any pubs where I cant wash my hands. Own goal from them I'd say

Eh?  Isn't it closed?

eta  Was that a joke? Hard to tell these days.

Edited by cyderspaceman

David Icke thinks it's a plot to concentrate all power in the hands of the 1% to the detriment of small and medium enterprises and to facilitate a cull of the elderly. Watched his musings on Youtube. Would probably have been better advised to use the internet for its intended purpose and looked at boobies instead.

FTFY

When’s the best time to be visiting an Aldi/Lidl/Asda and the likes?
The wee shop along the road is fine but could now do with an essential bigger shop.
Went to our local Aldi at 11.30 this morning, no queue to get in, although there was a security guard at the door keeping track of the numbers in-store. Only irritation was one family of 3 who kept blocking the aisle.

50 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Ask your parents about the lockdown in ‘

In 1957 it had all seemed initially quiet on the UK influenza front. Dr McDonald's quarterly report (November 1956—March 1957) mentioned a ‘remarkably low level of respiratory illness so far this winter.’ However, a Times newspaper comment (17 April) that ‘an influenza epidemic has affected thousands of Hong Kong residents’ heralded the start of rapid movement across the East with 100 000 cases in Taiwan by mid-May and over a million in India by June. Five months after the Hong Kong outbreak it was reckoned to have traversed the globe. As an entirely new strain there was no immunity in the populace and the first vaccines were not distributed until August in the US and October in the UK, and then on an extremely limited basis.

The first cases in the UK were in late June, with a serious outbreak in the general population occurring in August. From mid-September onwards the virus spread from the North, West, and Wales to the South, East, and Scotland. One GP recalled ‘we were amazed at the extraordinary infectivity of the disease, overawed by the suddenness of its outset and surprised at the protean nature of its symptomatology.’2 It peaked the week ending 17 October with 600 deaths reported in major towns in England and Wales. There was some evidence of a limited return in the winter.

By early 1958 it was estimated that ‘not less than 9 million people in Great Britain had … Asian influenza during the 1957 epidemic. Of these, more than 5.5 million were attended by their doctors. About 14 000 people died of the immediate effects of their attack.’3Not only was £10 000 000 spent on sickness benefit, but also with factories, offices and mines closed the economy was hit: ‘Setback in Production — “Recession through Influenza”’ (Manchester Guardian, 29 November).

Despite Watson's early prediction that ‘in the end, and in spite of the scare stuff in the lay press, we will have our epidemic of influenza, of a type not very different from what we know already, with complications in the usual age groups,’4 the core group of main sufferers was aged 5–39 years with 49% between 5–14 years. In London, 110 000 children were off school suspected of having influenza. With adults there was usually a connection to children; for example, parents, teachers, doctors, or a closed group such as the armed forces and football teams. As the Manchester Guardian put it: ‘Fit Go Down with Flu’ (20th August). There was also a rise in influenzal deaths in January 1958 of an older age group but it was not clear how much of this was the usual seasonal deaths attributed to influenza as opposed to Asian flu.5

That's really well written mate. You should try to get published. 

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just the resident Black & White Army cnut being a cnut here. Set to ignore. It’s for the best.

Considering your jokes about the ‘Chinese’ and your posts about Syrians on black and white army, that’s a tad ironic.

Now away and crawl back under your stone you odious individual. 

Just now, Jeremiah Cole said:

Considering your jokes about the ‘Chinese’ and your posts about Syrians on black and white army, that’s a tad ironic.

Now away and crawl back under your stone you odious individual. 

Evidence please. Cnut.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Evidence please. Cnut.

This isn’t a court of law. I don’t need to trawl through posts on black & white army.

you know what you posted and I know what you posted

it highlighted exactly the type of odious character that you are mr hard man

now away and crawl back under your rock 

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Why would I try and get something that I’ve cut and pasted published? 

Cut and paste away, I don't mind reading it, some of it's good and some of it is shite, echo chambers are a bit boring after a while. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The wee shop along the road is fine but could now do with an essential bigger shop.

Just back from Farmfoods, Aldi and Asda, it's like a Sunday late evening amount of folk, plenty available, especially Farmfoods. That's me got 2 weeks worth of stuff so we don't have to go out again.

55 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Tbf apart from pasta everything else we have. Shop is quiet 🙂

Would have went to Tesco but I got everything I needed for a fraction of Tescos current prices. 

Plus I didn't want a hiding from you for coming into the shop! 😄