Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Dele said:

Mates a manager at Morrisons. 

Sounds like gormless retail staff are trying to add 'ITK government-briefed officials' to their ever-growing list of 'key worker' claims.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.45d26e6a5d1cf01585a829a36a87af8b.jpeg

The first sentence of that post rules it out for me.

There are far more stupid posts made on this thread than pozbaird. Whether you agree with him or not his 'crime' is being overblown.
CraigKillie did a good job of saying how everyone else felt.

I quite like Gary Dicker Craig. I said it

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

That’s bollocks.

I do know there was at least one 40 something in QE with heart and kidneys failing due to it. 

Up here I don't think our ICU is even remotely near capacity, we'll see how it goes going forward. 

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

In shops take alcohol off shelves and restrict people from going down the aisle?
People who already have alcohol just drink what they have left...

Meh.

Wont happen I dont think

That's what I meant by consumption. Obviously you could ban sales but loads of people own plenty of booze already.

Banning consumption simply isn't practical or beneficial really.

If we come through this with relatively lower than previous expected death figures, the right will characterise Boris as a hero whilst the left will criticise the lockdown procedures and say he's killed the economy.

If we come through this with a worse than expected death rate, Boris will be hailed a hero for overcoming this whilst his detractors will say he never acted quickly enough.

There's a reason Churchill is well respected in this country and it's because of the war. Parallels with Boris and Trump having their highest ever approval ratings.

44 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Think you're right. Month of April is a write off, and I tend to think things will begin opening up again early May.

Confusing.

The word April has similar origins to the word Aperture and means "to open up".

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

CraigKillie did a good job of saying how everyone else felt.

I quite like Gary Dicker Craig. I said it

I didn't feel like it, overkill gets you nowhere. 

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

worldmeters.info has UK serious/critical cases sitting at 163 (or 1%)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

I don't know how accurate that is, but if it's anywhere close ICU wards will not be "bursting at the seams"

I also doubt they are bursting at the seams in Scotland given the relatively low numbers here.

There is a hysteria at the moment, with everyone thinking we are 2 weeks behind Italy and that we are sitting here waiting for what happened there to happen to us.

The UK figures over the last few days do not indicate this, even without filtering out the two main hotspots. For the 3rd straight day cases and deaths are reducing, not growing exponentially.

It may well be a false dawn, but it's encouraging none the less.

Screenshot_20200330-154631_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20200330-154608_Opera.jpg

My bursting at ths seams comment was referring specifically to the situation in Bergamo and similar instances elsewhere. 

Without the extreme preventative measures put in place we run the risk of such an outbreak occurring in the UK.

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've been out for more than 2 hours getting some groceries and during all that walking about not one police car sighted. ASDA Inverness only allowing a small number of people in at one time and they separate those coming in from those leaving. Stock starting to recover as well, managed to get everything needed. Its a bit more effort required than usual having to walk around with three bags of shopping as I won't use taxis now, still job done.

The Dores Road Tesco was nice and quiet as usual, no queues and plenty of everything apart from toilet paper.

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Money before people.

I think that's a naive view. It's recognising that resources are finite and we have to make choices. The NHS does that all the time under normal circumstances.

4 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Where are all the stories about the mayhem in UK hospitals, line there were in Italy?

Guy I know told me that his 2 neighbours work in intensive care at the hospital in Paisley. They were off at the weekend. Apparently they’ve only got 1 guy in intensive care in paisley with coronavirus. He’s 86, just had a hip replacement and was already in intensive care.

12 minutes ago, RH33 said:

That’s bollocks.

No, it's his hip.