Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Don't know about other city councils, but Dundee CC are facing care staff shortages (due to illness and isolation) and are now trying to draft in private sector/care company staff to cover the gaps. Obviously not at the council rate of pay ofc, and staff are being told by the care companies they work for that they will be going, regardless if they want to or not. Some farce. 

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Not if you don't have an Aldi or Lidl anywhere near you.

Personally I still prefer buying my meat from an independent Butcher as opposed to ANY supermarket.

I'd like to but they always shut while I'm still at work. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He works for a private health firm and Britain's only private University, and it appears he hates the whole idea of the NHS. Prone to exaggerate his CV.

Aye he has a few shady links.  This tweet and the first few replies go into his backstory a bit 

17 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

https://twitter.com/ProfKarolSikora

Turns out he's a bit more than a doctor, but he's been posting loads of positive stats and facts about current rates (with no sources i should add)  for the past month or so, and his replies are filled with right wing types saying things like 'great, positivity at last, youre the only person i listen to now, media scaremongering!!' patter. It was most noticeable about a month ago when he'd only just made his account and had loads of followers. I should add that just about everything he said weeks ago has been proved wrong.

A few folk on twitter flagged it up when he was at it every day, very weird.

On Newsnight in 2017, he described the NHS as "the last bastion of communism

Also hired by Libya to say Al-Megrahi only had 3 months to live quickening his release he lived for 2y9m.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:
23 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
Really like aldi some great deals on booze and fresh stuff is good.

Anyone that chooses Tesco/Asda over Aldi/Lidl for meat and veg or off their heads imo.

That’s bollocks.  I bought sirloins, burgers and sausages from Lidl for a barbecue about three weeks ago, the sirloins were poor and the sausages and burgers not too great.  We are having the same again tomorrow and everything has been bought from Tesco where we usually get stuff.

I have no problem with Aldi or Lidl but don’t assume all butcher meat is of the same quality.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

B&M is decent for cleaning products and juice.

The alcohol they sell looks shite.

Are their detergents drinkable quality in the fight against COVID-19?

Edited to add question mark.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s bollocks.  I bought sirloins, burgers and sausages from Lidl for a barbecue about three weeks ago, the sirloins were poor and the sausages and burgers not too great.  We are having the same again tomorrow and everything has been bought from Tesco where we usually get stuff.

I have no problem with Aldi or Lidl but don’t assume all butcher meat is of the same quality.

Aldi's meat is very good, their ultimate scotch beef 1/4 pounders/minted lamb kebabs are top notch, I'm not a big fan of Lidl's meat products though. 

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are their detergents drinkable quality in the fight against COVID-19?

Edited to add question mark.

I'll see if some local jakeys can do a test.

While I was walking through Kelvingrove Park there, I saw a guy standing in the middle of the playpark leaning against one of the slides. Cop car pulled up, one of them got out and asked if he was OK. "Yeah, I'm just taking a photo of the Uni" was his answer. When the cop pointed out that this didn't seem like an essential journey or exercise, and that he had had to enter an area cordoned off with police tape to take said photo, he took the huff and said there were other people doing similar and they were picking on him. He then wandered off, muttering under his breath while the cop looked completely fed up.
Am I wrong for thinking she should have just nicked him for being a knob?

They could arrest him if he failed to desist but ultimately whats the point taking a resource off the street for hours to deal with someone who is essentially just a diddy?

While I was walking through Kelvingrove Park there, I saw a guy standing in the middle of the playpark leaning against one of the slides. Cop car pulled up, one of them got out and asked if he was OK. "Yeah, I'm just taking a photo of the Uni" was his answer. When the cop pointed out that this didn't seem like an essential journey or exercise, and that he had had to enter an area cordoned off with police tape to take said photo, he took the huff and said there were other people doing similar and they were picking on him. He then wandered off, muttering under his breath while the cop looked completely fed up.
Am I wrong for thinking she should have just nicked him for being a knob?
Definitely don't think he should be nicked.

Walking away muttering about the police is not a crime, and i would never want it to be.

There's a very difficult balance to be struck with the lockdown. If the politicians had went full absolute lockdown then the police response would've had to be harsher. But I'm not sure how long that would've been possible - unless we had an Italy style overload of deaths (that would've hardened people's resolve).

And had they attended a situation where there was a crowd who had gathered I might have had some sympathy.
This situation was just control freakery by police officers desperate to be important during this lockdown.
Commonsense seems to be totally absent.

The government has mandated that the police operate an engage, explain, educate and enforce (in most cases as a last option) approach. The police officer engaged the male and explained the policy/law which is exactly what seems to have happened here, thats not heavy handed, just seems to be yet another example of people who think they are the exception to the rule.
You say control freakery, i see good engagement in difficult times of measures put in place to keep people safe.

34 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Definitely don't think he should be nicked.

Walking away muttering about the police is not a crime, and i would never want it to be.

There's a very difficult balance to be struck with the lockdown. If the politicians had went full absolute lockdown then the police response would've had to be harsher. But I'm not sure how long that would've been possible - unless we had an Italy style overload of deaths (that would've hardened people's resolve).

I had a similar annoyance with them last week. 

I was walking through Central at around 8.15am on Monday or Tuesday (each day seems the same) and there was a row of Police stationed across the main entrance / exit,  as I approached PC shouts at me "essential buddy ?" I responded with "sorry ?" and got "essential travel buddy ?" to which I replied "Yes". He then just shrugged and turned away.

Ok, seems fair enough, however I'm clearly displaying my photo ID pass and I've just come off a rush hour train from the Ayrshire coast so why else would I be coming to Glasgow at that time in the morning if I didn't need to ?

Again, would all seem fair enough on the part of the Police if it wasn't for 50 yards away the teams of Neds all hanging around and stalking the areas around the station being left completely unchecked to do as ever they pleased. You couldn't write it.

As always it's typical incompetence on the part of their leaders and just leaves you feeling annoyed / frustrated by it all.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I had a similar annoyance with them last week. 

I was walking through Central at around 8.15am on Monday or Tuesday (each day seems the same) and there was a row of Police stationed across the main entrance / exit,  as I approached PC shouts at me "essential buddy ?" I responded with "sorry ?" and got "essential travel buddy ?" to which I replied "Yes". He then just shrugged and turned away.

Ok, seems fair enough, however I'm clearly displaying my photo ID pass and I've just come off a rush hour train from the Ayrshire coast so why else would I be coming to Glasgow at that time in the morning if I didn't need to ?

Again, would all seem fair enough on the part of the Police if it wasn't for 50 yards away the teams of Neds all hanging around and stalking the areas around the station being left completely unchecked to do as ever they pleased. You couldn't write it.

As always it's typical incompetence on the part of their leaders and just leaves you feeling annoyed / frustrated by it all.

How would you try to control 60 million people with the numbers of police officers available, without them running around playing hide and seek with neds all day? All they can do is maintain a presence and occasionally remind people not to take the pish.