Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Boris is back at work!!

Won't be doing the daily briefing though.

So is it alright to despise the fat Tory c**t again or will that trigger the hand-wringing snowflakes on here that were all praying for his recovery?

Edited by Granny Danger

Make no mistake, if football in the UK is permitted to return during the "lockdown" then it's the end of the line I'm afraid.
I can see where Stenhousemuir is coming from here. I would fucking love footy back on the tv.

I agree with you though that it had better come alongside something for the public other than "as you were" or it will take a big bite out of willingness to comply.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Probably to make sure that's where you are going.

Something being news to you does not mean it is wrong.

So what was the point in issuing me with a letter to confirm I was a key worker, who advised my company to do this and to what end ?

No, but it does make it inconsistent, conflicting and confusing.

Just now, WATTOO said:

So what was the point in issuing me with a letter to confirm I was a key worker, who advised my company to do this and to what end ?

No, but it does make it inconsistent, conflicting and confusing.

I don't know why you are arguing with me. I didn't make the rule.

Just now, WATTOO said:

Make no mistake, if football in the UK is permitted to return during the "lockdown" then it's the end of the line I'm afraid.

Footballers in the EPL going back to training (on their own & with no gym, indoor training or changing facilities) while we are still in lockdown just seems pointless and unnecessary. But then again, why should this surprise anyone? 

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

360 deaths from yesterday.

Seems like a big drop from last week. Still terrible though.

Is this bad info or realistic 

I'm tempted to believe our weekend figures are realistic 24 hour figures, without any of the lagged figures added on, but that's more down to me wanting that to be true rather than anything else.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know why you are arguing with me. I didn't make the rule.

That's exactly my point, I don't respond well to "just do it" or "just because", if someone explains "why" we're doing something and the rationale behind it, then great, however you've just admitted yourself that you don't know why and you didn't make the rule which means you yourself obviously are a bit perplexed about it.

The main issue with the guidance is that Johnston went on telly and said x, y and z, but those specifics never actually made it into the legislation, so while people think something is the law because he said it, it didn't actually end up being the law (eg 1 hour exercise, shopping as few times as possible etc etc) 

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

360 deaths from yesterday.

Seems like a big drop from last week. Still terrible though.

Is this bad info or realistic figures?

Looks like weekend figures, although if it's still under 400 by Wednesday's update then it's definitely a move in the right direction.

Promising figures from Spain & Italy again plus Eastern Europe has hardly been effected, relatively speaking.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's exactly my point, I don't respond well to "just do it" or "just because", if someone explains "why" we're doing something and the rationale behind it, then great, however you've just admitted yourself that you don't know why and you didn't make the rule which means you yourself obviously are a bit perplexed about it.

You've already had the rationale behind the wording explained to you, there is no point in me repeating it.

Ask your employer why they gave you a letter. They've gone out of their way to provide you with that probably in an attempt to allow you to continue to work without being hassled. There was never any mention in the UK of letters being required

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You've already had the rationale behind the wording explained to you, there is no point in me repeating it.

Ask your employer why they gave you a letter. They've gone out of their way to provide you with that probably in an attempt to allow you to continue to work without being hassled. There was never any mention in the UK of letters being required

I'm assuming that talks took place at a higher level and that was the reason the letters were handed out.

There's no doubt that the rules are being relaxed by stealth as our Gov are still saying all the right things regarding the lockdown but the reality is that more and more businesses are opening up, more and more people are on the roads and using public transport and more and more people are out and about in general.

Just now, WATTOO said:

I'm assuming that talks took place at a higher level and that was the reason the letters were handed out.

Or, just as likely, your employer saw that letters were being used in France and thought they'd be proactive.

Going to be some culture shock to the body when I go back to work.  Only exercised about 6 times since knockdown began, and ate and drank far too much.  I'm a builder so I reckon I'll need to sleep for a week the first night once this is over.

There's no doubt that the rules are being relaxed by stealth as our Gov are still saying all the right things regarding the lockdown but the reality is that more and more businesses are opening up, more and more people are on the roads and using public transport and more and more people are out and about in general.
The rules are not being relaxed by stealth.

The lockdown was always a slightly light touch one, where police were encouraged to question people and advise rather than lift folk who don't have paperwork.

Nothing has changed.