Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Will moving house be included in the things you are allowed to do when they lift some of the lockdown restrictions?  Is there any chance of this happening in the next two months.  Was supposed to move the week the lockdown begun but stuck with two psycho neighbours.  Hence the camera doorbell.  Anyone else supposed to be moving house? 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

You're perfectly entitled to wish folk dead mate, you crack on.

Sending out a round-robin Vinegar Valentine with your name on right now, m9.

Do as you please. Everyone else is.
I repeat, we will not be getting any more hot tubs until July.

Going back to normal apart from opening times and social distancing. People still being c***s, old c***s doing as they please, still some good c***s out and about.
All a bunch of c***s really
Never mind hot tubs, Tesco St. Rollox haven't had any balsamic drizzle for weeks. It's coming in to salad season FFS.

Worst offenders in that store for not following social distancing, or indeed the direction arrows stuck to the floor, are the Tesco staff picking the orders for the home deliveries.

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A question about the 1her exercise. I like to go up a small hill in my town, I can be up it and back home in an hour. What difference would it make if I decided to take a sandwich up there and sit and enjoy the views for another hour? I never encounter anyone up there so I don’t see the difference in being up there 10 mins or 3 hours 🤔

Governments have had to keep the rules somewhat general so as to prevent over zealous policing and allowing flexibility and at the same time have had to keep things relatively strict to stop twats openly flaunting the rules. 

If you live out in the back of beyond and you want to sit for a while in the countryside where there are no people then there's nothing wrong with that. It's just common sense. As long as you're not going to some known scenic spot with a car park which might ordinarily expect visitors.

I've had quite a few people parking up near my cottage and going for a wander. I've no issue with that at all. Better them driving out of town and walking out in the open that wandering about the town where its busy and using the parks which are also rammed. 

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

Governments have had to keep the rules somewhat general so as to prevent over zealous policing and allowing flexibility and at the same time have had to keep things relatively strict to stop twats openly flaunting the rules. 

If you live out in the back of beyond and you want to sit for a while in the countryside where there are no people then there's nothing wrong with that. It's just common sense. As long as you're not going to some known scenic spot with a car park which might ordinarily expect visitors.

I've had quite a few people parking up near my cottage and going for a wander. I've no issue with that at all. Better them driving out of town and walking out in the open that wandering about the town where its busy and using the parks which are also rammed. 

^^^^ Catherine Calderwood.

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

I've had quite a few people parking up near my cottage and going for a wander. I've no issue with that at all.

I must admit, I've been wondering how all this has affected the dogging scene.

8 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Will moving house be included in the things you are allowed to do when they lift some of the lockdown restrictions?  Is there any chance of this happening in the next two months.  Was supposed to move the week the lockdown begun but stuck with two psycho neighbours.  Hence the camera doorbell.  Anyone else supposed to be moving house? 

I'm moving house on 29 May. You can still hire vans so unless you need to move your grand piano your are fine.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I must admit, I've been wondering how all this has affected the dogging scene.

As long as their windows aren't wound down and you've not travelled a disproportionate distance for it then it's fine. 

2 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

As long as their windows aren't wound down and you've not travelled a disproportionate distance for it then it's fine. 

That explains the Windolene shortage.

14 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

The house next door has been empty for a while and the new owners couldn't find a removal firm to move their stuff in, so are staying in rented flat while they wait. Hopefully for you, pretty soon and I'd have thought would be one of the first to be given the go ahead. Not sure if it's banned at the moment tbh.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The house next door has been empty for a while and the new owners couldn't find a removal firm to move their stuff in, so are staying in rented flat while they wait. Hopefully for you, pretty soon and I'd have thought would be one of the first to be given the go ahead. Not sure if it's banned at the moment tbh.

A local removal firm told me that they can do moves but both properties have to be empty for three days.  I just can't sign the lease until the housing association office is open again.   Very frustrating.  Just hoping that things like housing associations etc are allowed back when they lift some of the restrictions 

27 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm moving house on 29 May. You can still hire vans so unless you need to move your grand piano your are fine.

Can't sign the lease until housing association is open again.  Been told by removal firm that both properties have to be empty for three days.  The other one is but not sure where I can go to leave mine empty.  There's no b&b etc.  Not allowed to visit others so pretty cornered. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Dunno but it'd be class if they did but with limits on how many folk can be in at any one time. Imagine rocking up at 5pm and getting through a workout in the order you wanted to do it because there aren't folk hogging benches/weights/machines.

Less class if you get hit with a 9pm timeslot or during the day and you are working....

Squat racks will be hard to come by but even just dumb bells and a bench would be amazing. 

A lot of people are as thick as f**k down here.

Plenty traffic on the roads of Lincoln today as well.

Just got back from Sainsburys on the way home from work and although the staff are doing a cracking job, there are loads of people giving nowhere near 2 metres space between each other in queues. Just seen some smug-looking hipster tool less than a metre behind another bloke waiting for a self-service checkout. The bloke did ask him to get back a bit, to which the hipster shrugged his shoulders. Not sure what was said next, but the young hipster went as white as a sheet and left the queue.

People are always going to be arseholes, and that is our biggest problem.