Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
They always do? More slots should be opening up as of next week ( some stores this week)

Customers are being encouraged to follow the one way system with the arrows on the floor, the staff doing the picking couldn't give two shits. Every aisle I went down this morning there was invariably a Tesco staff member going against the flow.

The ones who were the worse at keeping 2 metres apart were the staff carrying the signs that say "keep 2 metres apart".

Despite having no interest in clapping for anyone outside my door like a performing seal at a prescribed time, when I was out for a run today, an ambulance passed me with the blues on. I gave them a wee clap, and the guy in the passenger seat gave me a thumbs up. It gave me an enormous sense of wellbeing.

8 hours ago, HooseLee said:

Will moving house be included in the things you are allowed to do when they lift some of the lockdown restrictions?  Is there any chance of this happening in the next two months.  Was supposed to move the week the lockdown begun but stuck with two psycho neighbours.  Hence the camera doorbell.  Anyone else supposed to be moving house? 

@Alert Mongoose

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Despite having no interest in clapping for anyone outside my door like a performing seal at a prescribed time, when I was out for a run today, an ambulance passed me with the blues on. I gave them a wee clap, and the guy in the passenger seat gave me a thumbs up. It gave me an enormous sense of wellbeing.

PARK LIFE

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He'll be along to tell you the joys of moving house just as a pandemic kicks in. 

Its brutal. I've got two psycho female neighbours.  One thinks she is a pagan witch and the other has six cats and believes the others ones shite...  the other day the witch one was lighting those hippy Joss sticks, putting them in a tattie in her garden and telling cat woman the the ones she was lighting gave her different powers.  I'm watching the news religiously... to see when this lockdown is lifted.   

The UK can stick their Captain Tom up their arses.

Thailand man 72, does it better.

Taxi driver with no customers, went to a courier firm who were taking on temps.  Thai PBS (a TV channel) were there and interviewed him.  He showed the camera his wallet with ฿200, that was it, nothing else in the world.  It went viral on social media when a "superstar" highlighted. Guy went his bank and  ฿8.3 million is in his bank account from donations.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/1907580/taxi-drivers-wealth-irks-ta-gets-daddy-itch-sex-pics-row#cxrecs_s 

11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Why does this keep happening

People are either f******* stupid trying to use "big" words that they don't understand the meaning of, or it's auto correct.

The jury is still out, imho.

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Is flour still not available?

I'd have thought it would be sorted out by now, much like the toilet rolls.

Maybe people have been using flour as an alternative to toilet roll, hence the shortage?

Really, really pissed off at the PR spin being put on this year's Workers Memorial Day. The manipulation of public opinion over the NHS has been monstrously cynical throughout*, but today is a day for us to remember ALL workers, in ALL industries, in ALL countries, who are injured or killed at work - often at least partly because of employers' actions or inaction. For the Tory spin mahine to hijack this event is beyond obscene.

So what should today be about? Helen O'Connor (GMB) puts it pretty well - "On Workers’ Memorial Day let’s honour the dead and wholeheartedly commit ourselves to fight like hell for the living."

* Especially as there are many, many other workers without whom society would have collapsed within days who have been partially or wholly ignored throughout.

ETA: Yes, it's already a day to remember those who have gone to work and not come home. It's been appropriated by these cúnts, not introduced by them.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

I presume today's risible, government-proposed minute's silence for all the health care workers it failed to properly protect comes with its own poppy as well?

The UK truly is the Liverpool of the international community in terms of mawkish grief mongering.

The NHS is the new 'support our troops' smokescreen.