Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Total confirmed cases will shortly go through 10 Million  or  0.12% of the world population.

Deaths officialy will also go through 500,000 in next few hours or  0.006% of the population.

Normally 150,000 people die each day in the world.  Covid19 is officially averaging about 4% of those

Just some worthless stats for the night.

Edited by superbigal

8 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

No doubt the UK government made mistakes, but the good old US of A is plotting a course unlike anybody else.20200627_185844.jpg

Donald is just making sure there is no second wave by wiping out everyone in the first one.

59 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Snafu said:
Looks like some if not all the care homes opening to visitors next week in the Highlands, don't know if this is the same elsewhere.

Excellent, I'm that bored I might pay them a visit despite knowing no one in a highland care home...gagging for a day out.

Shouldn't be a problem, half the residents in care homes don't know who their relatives are, anyway.

54 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Anti maskers in America are mental

They sure are, that was unbelievable. Interesting to learn that republics aren't democracies. Thank the lord we have a constitutional monarchy...

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

The best thing to come out of the covid madness is my Christian auld dear realising trump is a balloon. All my family stateside are hard core Republican Christians. I used to go a lot when I was younger but I have no desire to visit there again. The selfishness and pigheadedness of these god will sort it out mentalists is both scary and sad. To be a good human requires no higher being just a bit of common sense and respect for others. Unfortunately America is so divided and covid has just highlighted how snake oil salesmen can get away with murder. Populism is just bullshit. They will suffer the most economically and socially but their f**k up could become a global problem. Sad times.

29 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The best thing to come out of the covid madness is my Christian auld dear realising trump is a balloon. All my family stateside are hard core Republican Christians. I used to go a lot when I was younger but I have no desire to visit there again. The selfishness and pigheadedness of these god will sort it out mentalists is both scary and sad. To be a good human requires no higher being just a bit of common sense and respect for others. Unfortunately America is so divided and covid has just highlighted how snake oil salesmen can get away with murder. Populism is just bullshit. They will suffer the most economically and socially but their f**k up could become a global problem. Sad times.

Do you think it's just her or maybe a few more of your Yank clan?

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you think it's just her or maybe a few more of your Yank clan?

Sadly they've doubled down. My aunt is a politician so basically she's in part of the machine. I was always skint by the time i got to Washington and a bit  naive and planted signs for their cause back in the day. So for that I'm a bit like Spike Milligan. Trump my part of his success.

13 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I was always skint by the time i got to Washington and a bit  naive and planted signs for their cause back in the day.

To pished to come up with a guess at what you did, could you elaborate?

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

Looks like some if not all the care homes opening to visitors next week in the Highlands, don't know if this is the same elsewhere.

I work in care and we just had our first batch of testing done this week, can’t see visiting for a bit yet. Although we are more residential than one communal area so may be easier to contain visiting.