Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Some evidence that wearing gloves makes you less likely to touch your face (in a self conscious mind of way).

Other than that, no difference. But your hands get pretty fucked when washing and sanitizing so much.

There is a difference - hands are a rough-ish surface, which yer virus doesn't like. Nitrile or similar gloves are lovely smooth resting places for it. Especiallyt when folk wear them for extended periods. My hands do get fúcked, but I'll keep sanitising rather than gloving up unless performing a specific task requiring them - and then binning them immediately afterwards.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Aye between that and a few people saying they have the Coronavirus has seemed to die down.

One way system was always going to be a fail. A fair few do it but again people just like doing the opposite.

One way system is mental. It's simple and easy but the amount of folk totally oblivious is incredible. Doesn't help when a good number of Tesco employees brazenly ignore it too.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Honestly just do what you like. The chances of being caught and punished are almost nil.

You seem like the kind of thick cúnt/arsehole I am talking about.

9 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There is a difference - hands are a rough-ish surface, which yer virus doesn't like. Nitrile or similar gloves are lovely smooth resting places for it. Especiallyt when folk wear them for extended periods. My hands do get fúcked, but I'll keep sanitising rather than gloving up unless performing a specific task requiring them - and then binning them immediately afterwards.

The only times I’ve worn gloves have been when filling the car up. Don’t really see the point when at supermarkets etc just make sure to not touch my face and wash them immediately when I’m home. 

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

One way system is mental. It's simple and easy but the amount of folk totally oblivious is incredible. Doesn't help when a good number of Tesco employees brazenly ignore it too.

This is correct. We have staff who dont play ball either. We have many who have gave up  because the general public dont give a shit. I'm not going to have a  full argument on why you should follow  the one way system. 

5 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

My wife returns to work today. They have installed screens, removed the furniture and the punters are generally discouraged from sticking around. Can’t give them a cuppa, no machines or TV screens will be on.
She is very apprehensive, despite always wearing a mask and sanitising etc. whenever she does our shopping. 

I’m in the shielding group, although I had been using the golf course behind our house for exercise late in the evenings. It’s open again so we can’t use it anymore. Can’t wait for the 3rd so I can get back to the hills. No doubt the weather will turn exceptionally shite for me.

I take it she works in the bookies? I was wondering if the machines would still be in use as that’s all I ever use. Honestly can’t see the local bookies here breaking even with income against paying wages. Maybe it bigger cities or towns it will be ok, but in the Girvan one I’d imagine it’s been dead

39 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Guilty, there's been a few times that I've went down an aisle without thinking, looked down at the arrows and went ah fcuk..

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

That's what I do on the odd occasion I've felt I've had to wear gloves.

The last time I was at the doctors I sanitised the car door handle (Inside & out), the wiper control, indicator control, gear lever, radio on/off switch, window control button and car keys, after getting back in the car.

Wearing gloves will just spread germs around and pick up more germs unless you're doing it for one specific task.
Been taking a glove to the petrol station but they've had paper towels so used them instead.
Masks should be compulsory in any shop rather than daft one way systems. Would also have 2m markers round the whole store and someone at the door ensuring everyone sanitises their hands in and out.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Wearing gloves will just spread germs around and pick up more germs unless you're doing it for one specific task.
Been taking a glove to the petrol station but they've had paper towels so used them instead.
Masks should be compulsory in any shop rather than daft one way systems. Would also have 2m markers round the whole store and someone at the door ensuring everyone sanitises their hands in and out.

Quite sad you need to be told to sanitize your hands however we have both someone on the door and markers around the store..

The makers make zero difference 

50 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I take it she works in the bookies? I was wondering if the machines would still be in use as that’s all I ever use. Honestly can’t see the local bookies here breaking even with income against paying wages. Maybe it bigger cities or towns it will be ok, but in the Girvan one I’d imagine it’s been dead

Yes. I think it’s very much “one step at a time”. With the amount of online availability these days, the shop itself tends to be an old man’s crèche. I do believe that some shops may not reopen. 
This all came because Paddy Power said they were reopening so the others aren’t keen to let them have all of the business.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Yes. I think it’s very much “one step at a time”. With the amount of online availability these days, the shop itself tends to be an old man’s crèche. I do believe that some shops may not reopen. 
This all came because Paddy Power said they were reopening so the others aren’t keen to let them have all of the business.

Yeah the online bookies certainly helped kill the ones in Girvan. There used to be 3, last year William Hill closed and now it’s only Ladbrokes, and like you say it’s mostly just old men in there to fill their afternoon. Hopefully your wife’s one will be safe enough but god knows how’s long they can last with no machines and no TVs

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

wow look what closing pubs etc and not having to drive to work does to household finances:

image.png.3965d2f1504d6d1ea3d989836c13b4c7.png

https://www.ft.com/content/801e3716-2c18-38a8-b443-d4c85193ae23

Is has got me a little concerned as to where my money was going on a normal monthly basis.  At least that thief - (Hill, William) - appears to have stop raiding my bank account.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The chat that it's not difficult to follow a 1 way system does detract somewhat from the fact that it is utterly pointless.

Yeah, I’ll happily admit to pretty much ignoring it when I go shopping. I’ll generally follow it but if I forget to pick something up, then I’m not walking out of the aisle, back round and up the aisle again instead of walking 5 yards the ‘wrong way’ to pick it up. Don’t feel guilty about ignoring it in the slightest.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
43 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
Quite sad you need to be told to sanitize your hands however we have both someone on the door and markers around the store..
The makers make zero difference 

Should be monitored, some people won't do it.

Why should it be monitored ? Why should people sanitize their hands after leaving the shop.  Me personally I couldnt give a shit what you do when you leave the store or who you touch etc.

Think majority of places who have been open throughout all this have did a decent job already. If you dont know after 14 weeks to sanitize your hands and look after yourself then what hope do we have ?