Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah, I’ll happily admit to pretty much ignoring it when I go shopping. I’ll generally follow it but if I forget to pick something up, then I’m not walking out of the aisle, back round and up the aisle again instead of walking 5 yards the ‘wrong way’ to pick it up. Don’t feel guilty about ignoring it in the slightest.

Tbf that is slightly different.  Some people go out their way to go the opposite way. You also find others who are totally oblivious to it all despite being in the shop every week ( some even 4 to 5 times a week.).

Is why staff are starting to not give a f**k 

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah, I’ll happily admit to pretty much ignoring it when I go shopping. I’ll generally follow it but if I forget to pick something up, then I’m not walking out of the aisle, back round and up the aisle again instead of walking 5 yards the ‘wrong way’ to pick it up. Don’t feel guilty about ignoring it in the slightest.

I'm used to going straight to things I'm looking for without following a route round the entire supermarket so unless I'm paying attention I don't even notice the arrows. Arsehole behaviour I know.

If I walk past someone in the opposite direction or even dither beside them as we both presume the shelves, how is it any different to doing the exact same if I overtake them, then they overtake me going the same way down the same aisles as we follow the one way? It is an absolute token effort to be seen to be doing something and needs the bin.

Why should it be monitored ? Why should people sanitize their hands after leaving the shop.  Me personally I couldnt give a shit what you do when you leave the store or who you touch etc.

Think majority of places who have been open throughout all this have did a decent job already. If you dont know after 14 weeks to sanitize your hands and look after yourself then what hope do we have ?

Yes you're right the virus won't effect you because its someone else.

If ten people left a store with the virus on their hands, this has zero effects as apposed to washing their hands and then no virus is present?

Its not a silver bullet but it cuts down contamination and many countries who have this in place are doing better.

Who cares I don't care, no me dying.

I do what I want, screw you guys.

+5 cases (10)
+0 deaths (1)
I'm surprised there's not been more in the media about the difference between Scotland and England. It's incredibly stark, in any way you look at it.

Today in dobbies i noticed a higher percentage of folk using the masks. The elderly are definitely following the advice more.

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yes you're right the virus won't effect you because its someone else.

If ten people left a store with the virus on their hands, this has zero effects as apposed to washing their hands and then no virus is present?

Its not a silver bullet but it cuts down contamination and many countries who have this in place are doing better.

Who cares I don't care, no me dying.

I do what I want, screw you guys.

I work in one of the biggest retail shops in scotland. Carried on through out this. Regardless of what has went on outside the store so far nobody has had the virus staff wise ( for all the people that have had a test). We dont have a station when you leave the shop for you to sanitize your hands. 

I'm also not the police . 

The last line has pretty much happened throughout this. ( all be it I see the minority)

Cant be fucked quoting someone else but dobbies is doing great with the elderly wearing masks but they rarely do it in a supermarket?  

I work in one of the biggest retail shops in scotland. Carried on through out this. Regardless of what has went on outside the store so far nobody has had the virus staff wise ( for all the people that have had a test). We dont have a station when you leave the shop for you to sanitize your hands. 
The last line has pretty much happened throughout this. ( all be it I see the minority)
Cant be fucked quoting someone else but dobbies is doing great with the elderly wearing masks but they rarely do it in a supermarket?  

You don't seem to like the public much. Are you sure you're in the right job?

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm surprised there's not been more in the media about the difference between Scotland and England. It's incredibly stark, in any way you look at it.

Today in dobbies i noticed a higher percentage of folk using the masks. The elderly are definitely following the advice more.

The questions today seemed to be quite focused on how to keep infections in Scotland coming down when tourism is re-opened, to England in particular. The question of whether NS would look to quarrantine travellers from England was answered with a "no plans" line, but it wasn't categorically ruled out.

As everyone on this thread is probably aware, Leicestershire schools officially break up for summer on the 15th of July. With all the talk of the possible need to re-instate lockdown measures in Leicester, we absolutely should not want to risk importing the virus from anyone travelling up from that area to get away from it all for a bit.

If NS is set on the elimination route, then all decisions should mirror this, and visitors from regions and countries with (relatively) high infection rates should be kept out of Scotland.

It would be an absolutely wise decision to make, however it would immediately descend into a Unionist v Independence debate which leaves NS on to plums either way.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

You don't seem to like the public much. Are you sure you're in the right job?

I love working with the general public. Have done for 16 years. However guidelines are in place :-).

Being spat at isnt very nice however.

Edited by G_Man1985

The questions today seemed to be quite focused on how to keep infections in Scotland coming down when tourism is re-opened, to England in particular. The question of whether NS would look to quarrantine travellers from England was answered with a "no plans" line, but it wasn't categorically ruled out.
As everyone on this thread is probably aware, Leicestershire schools officially break up for summer on the 15th of July. With all the talk of the possible need to re-instate lockdown measures in Leicester, we absolutely should not want to risk importing the virus from anyone travelling up from that area to get away from it all for a bit.
If NS is set on the elimination route, then all decisions should mirror this, and visitors from regions and countries with (relatively) high infection rates should be kept out of Scotland.
It would be an absolutely wise decision to make, however it would immediately descend into a Unionist v Independence debate which leaves NS on to plums either way.
I don't think that's feasible in any way.

Maybe in airports - but i don't think we've got that power.

Testing at the border? Do we have tests where the result could be found out quickly, rather than in days?

I don't think that's feasible in any way.

Maybe in airports - but i don't think we've got that power.

Testing at the border? Do we have tests where the result could be found out quickly, rather than in days?

Dont take booking from folk with English addresses?

Agree it's never going to happen though.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont take booking from folk with English addresses?

Agree it's never going to happen though.

This.

It is a source of frustration that having endured the lockdown for longer, that seemingly nothing can be done to ensure any of the perceived benefit of doing so is protected.

On a seperate note, 7 day average positive test % age has fallen to just 0.3%

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You don't seem to like the public much. 

Who the f**k does?

Agree with folk saying we need to protect ourselves from arseholes travelling up from down south. Not taking bookings from English addresses will work for a lot but it doesn't really stop those who own holiday homes travelling up or those who have family here, not sure how you go about policing those folk. Perhaps we should go Robert the Bruce on them and set up a series of schiltrons along the border.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yeah the online bookies certainly helped kill the ones in Girvan. There used to be 3, last year William Hill closed and now it’s only Ladbrokes, and like you say it’s mostly just old men in there to fill their afternoon. Hopefully your wife’s one will be safe enough but god knows how’s long they can last with no machines and no TVs

The other thing is the pubs not being open. A lot of footfall happens when folk are in the pub next door watching a game and nipping in and out of the bookies to bet on next scorer etc.

45 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I love working with the general public. Have done for 16 years. However guidelines are in place :-).

Being spat at isnt very nice however.

Who spat at you? What incensed them enough to start spitting? 

I blame footballers.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Who spat at you? What incensed them enough to start spitting? 

I blame footballers.

Thankfully was not me was my colleague. I was duty at the time.

It was because at the time he was que jumping and he couldn't be fucked queing as he needed to get to work. He tried to barge in and decided to spit on colleague. Other customers got involved and police were phoned. Police dealt with it from their.

Has happened on three separate occasions that I know of so far.