Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I'm not sure why you say holy shit tbh. That death rate (of confirmed cases) is over 11 times less than Scotland's, and almost 13 times less than that of the UK...

Edited by Todd_is_God

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not sure why you say holy shit tbh. That death rate (of confirmed cases) is over 11 times less than Scotland's, and almost 13 times less than that of the UK...

So you are now championing Trump's approach to the pandemic. As a climate change denier this is unsurprising

13 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

So you are now championing Trump's approach to the pandemic. As a climate change denier this is unsurprising

How do you reach that take?

The holy shit comment, based on those figures, should be directed at how badly WM & the SG have managed before we start looking elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

How do you reach that take?

The holy shit comment, based on those figures, should be directed at how badly WM & the SG have managed before we start looking elsewhere.

The holy shit comment was aimed t theirs 43 pages of obituaries in one day.If you want to interpret that in a way that makes you feel superior you crack on

Why will masks reduce spending ?

Only if you are simpleton. 
Masks and social distancing will definitely reduce spending. That will lead to higher prices, hiring freezes and reduced hours right across retail and hospitality.
The knock on effect from that is higher unemployment and the herd mentality of households reducing spending which will effect the whole economy. That's exactly what happened post 2010 and it will probably be worse this time as companies are sitting on more debt and tighter margins.

51 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The holy shit comment was aimed t theirs 43 pages of obituaries in one day.If you want to interpret that in a way that makes you feel superior you crack on

To be fair, that makes it sound like pages and pages worth of people died in 24 hours. There were 21 obits per page the article even says that it's people who've died in 2020 and not necessarily of covid.

The headline is misleading.

4 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Anyone admitted to ICU unable to give a history that makes Covid unlikely is treated as positive until the test results come back. So if you're admitted unconscious because of a head injury or overdose etc or you've got a severe pneumonia, then you'll be "suspected" until you have a negative test.

That can’t be true.  There must be far more than 12 people coming into hospital unconscious a day. 

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

Anyone else constantly getting an itchy as f**k nose from wearing a mask?? 

I haven't noticed that, no.

Your's grows more than most mind.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I saw a video online of masks and how affective they are (or aren’t). It seems the surgical style masks from China offer very little protection. The acid test was the woman put on various masks and attempted to blow out a lighter. Something for you guys to do later if you’re bored and wondering how much protection your face covering is giving you 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw a video online of masks and how affective they are (or aren’t). It seems the surgical style masks from China offer very little protection. The acid test was the woman put on various masks and attempted to blow out a lighter. Something for you guys to do later if you’re bored and wondering how much protection your face covering is giving you 

I wouldn't put acid on any of them, not while you're wearing it.

BBC Scotland showing moaning fu... correspondents telling us why face coverings are so unfair.

It would have been better balanced if they inveigled the strutting blue shirt who along with his dutiful partner were the only exceptions at the Sunday supermarket.

Yes, Seth Myers is back on Youtube after the 4th July holiday. His A Closer Look videos have been essential viewing for me for months now. If you want to laugh, and be scared about Donald Trump at the same time, watch his and Stephen Colbert's daily monologue.

At the same time, it makes me sad that I know I won't be able to go back to visit my 9 month old nephew in New Jersey until he is in college now probably.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Something tells me you're pretty cynical about this whole caper 🤔 

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I think the doddery old c**t @Melanius Mullarkey was getting his top class posters Simpsons' characters mixed up.

Anyhoo, for mozza Melanius's benefit, I've FTFY.

Clearly he thinks all us yellow people look alike.

I'd always suspected him.