Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I'm quite looking forward to the new social distancing rules in pubs. 

Saves me having to listen to the pub bore, who would inevitably be droning on and on about how Lockdown was a waste of time, in addition to dubious views about other issues like climate change etc. 

He will have a comprehensive set of graphs, though...

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

And this is different from any other employer how?

In Mrs WRK's case, for example - furloughing two staff has meant that, when she was able to recommence the domestic part of her operation,  she had two fully trained staff who the clients know and trust, ready to slot straight back in. And FYI, Mrs WRK and her partner have been both  working p/time in a supermarket  in order to lessen the financial hit to us AND make up their employees' wages to 100%.

Because - and I know this might come as a shock to you - not all employers are cúnts.

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

In Mrs WRK's case, for example - furloughing two staff has meant that, when she was able to recommence the domestic part of her operation,  she had two fully trained staff who the clients know and trust, ready to slot straight back in. And FYI, Mrs WRK and her partner have been both  working p/time in a supermarket  in order to lessen the financial hit to us AND make up their employees' wages to 100%.

Because - and I know this might come as a shock to you - not all employers are cúnts.

He furloughed his staff.

Topping up the wages of two employees is a sign of a good employer, but you calling an employer a c**t because they aren't doing the same for thousands is like comparing apples and oranges.

1 minute ago, PWL said:

At those prices, I can only presume the kegs are 9 minutes from going out of date and have been bought by 'Spoons for 7 & sixpence and some magic beans. 

First thing I thought - the pint equivalent of buying a yellow-stickered supermarket sandwich that's already beginning to curl at the edges.

Hard pass.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Are folk not generally raging at the companies who are not passing on the cut to the customer?

Why is he getting stick for doing it?

Who is giving him stick for it? Todd said folk were going mad about it but I can't see any uproar.

55 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

What the actual fúck are you talking about? What has Martin's action here got to do with Brexit?

People are getting upset because pints are not fúcking food. Wetherspoons drop their prices to get more drinkers in. The loophole's there, they're exploiting it. Doesn't make them lawbreakers, but confirms them as cúnts.

Why do you always come across as an angry little man?

55 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

What the actual fúck are you talking about? What has Martin's action here got to do with Brexit?

People are getting upset because pints are not fúcking food. Wetherspoons drop their prices to get more drinkers in. The loophole's there, they're exploiting it. Doesn't make them lawbreakers, but confirms them as cúnts.

No, the real c**t behaviour here will be all the businesses who just pocket the difference between the old and new VAT rate and keep prices the same - it's the customer's money, not theirs. Shifting the difference to pints instead of food is simply a different way of applying that cut to the consumer and really not something to rip your knitting about.

7 minutes ago, Pcplum said:

Why do you always come across as an angry little man?

This you?

On 07/07/2020 at 15:39, Pcplum said:

Well leave it if you don’t like it.

On 12/07/2020 at 20:10, Pcplum said:

It’s a red dot ffs stop greeting about a red dot.

I pressed the red dot button by mistake,get over it ffs.

On 13/07/2020 at 12:35, Pcplum said:

And this post just proves you’re a bigot.

On 13/07/2020 at 11:29, Pcplum said:

A wee bit like you being an out and out bigot eh.

On 12/07/2020 at 22:33, Pcplum said:

Get a grip of yourself and stop acting like a 5 year old child.

Guest bernardblack

I’ve heard some horror stories about discounted pints at Spoons over the years...save yourself 48hours of pain on the toilet and don’t do it.

With just 2 recorded deaths in 12 days, I hope the "deadly virus" soundbite is heard less and less going forward. A virus isn't deadly if it isn't killing people.
I'm fine with the restrictions we have in terms of facemasks etc remaining in place, but I am keen now to hear more positive messaging about how we are going to utilise these to get supporters back into sports stadia, to start planning for the return of indoor events, and how we are going to get public gatherings back on the agenda.
I don't mean restart these tomorrow, but we also shouldn't be sitting in a couple of months time no further forward on these issues.
Ireland were about to start allowing limited crowds as part of their phase 4 but that has been shelved after their R number shot back up over 1.5 following lesser loosening of restrictions that we have just had. Neep to keep the eyes on the ball, it hasn't "gone away".

9 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
With just 2 recorded deaths in 12 days, I hope the "deadly virus" soundbite is heard less and less going forward. A virus isn't deadly if it isn't killing people.
I'm fine with the restrictions we have in terms of facemasks etc remaining in place, but I am keen now to hear more positive messaging about how we are going to utilise these to get supporters back into sports stadia, to start planning for the return of indoor events, and how we are going to get public gatherings back on the agenda.
I don't mean restart these tomorrow, but we also shouldn't be sitting in a couple of months time no further forward on these issues.

Ireland were about to start allowing limited crowds as part of their phase 4 but that has been shelved after their R number shot back up over 1.5 following lesser loosening of restrictions that we have just had. Neep to keep the eyes on the ball, it hasn't "gone away".

I am aware of that. However at the same time it's worth remembering that R on its own is less useful as the number of those infected gets smaller. This is where an effective Test & Protect system is important. So far ours looks to be fit for purpose.

Like I said, i'm not talking about tomorrow, but we can't rule all of the above out indefinitely.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I am aware of that. However at the same time it's worth remembering that R on its own is less useful as the number of those infected gets smaller. This is where an effective Test & Protect system is important. So far ours looks to be fit for purpose.

Like I said, i'm not talking about tomorrow, but we can't rule all of the above out indefinitely.

They wouldn't be talking about starting off the Highland and Lowland Leagues in October if they weren't told they had a good chance of letting fans in and not having to test the players, no way they could afford it otherwise, especially the HL.