Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

In what way are ' the problems' substantially different at a Brora or Auchinleck game to Stranraer or Albion Rovers in the SPFL? You're not getting extra special treatment here no matter how much wishful thinking you want to apply. 

SPFL 2 and most SPFL1 games would be similar, agreed. 90+ % of Highland League fixtures would be unaffected by a 300 limit for instance, and local pubs and public transport would be very unlikely to be swamped. A one in/one out system for the toilets would be easy to enforce, and I don't see why hospitality couldn't go on with the same precautions they have in pubs and restaurants.

5 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The majority of SPFL clubs will have more in common to teams in the HL/LL rather than the premiership teams.

Would be very surprised if there is a different strategy for the non-SPFL. If crowds are permitted out with the SPFL then you'll have more people turning up at these games than normally expected.

I'm expecting they'll make it season ticket holders only. It would be a big change as nearly everyone pays at the gate normally. Hope they'll have some system for away supporters but it's probably not worth the hassle, at least to start with.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

SPFL 2 and most SPFL1 games would be similar, agreed. 90+ % of Highland League fixtures would be unaffected by a 300 limit for instance, and local pubs and public transport would be very unlikely to be swamped. A one in/one out system for the toilets would be easy to enforce, and I don't see why hospitality couldn't go on with the same precautions they have in pubs and restaurants.

5,000 people will attend a Bundesliga match in Berlin in 9 days time.

8,400 will do the same in Leipzig the following day.

You are facing the prospect of having no supporters at HL games in October because it is "unsafe"

You don't get to suck up to the SG's handling of the pandemic until something comes along that doesn't suit you, castigating anyone who suggests otherwise along the way, and then complain that they should do something different because you would like them to.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You are facing the prospect of having no supporters at HL games in October because it is "unsafe"

You don't get to suck up to the SG's handling of the pandemic until something comes along that doesn't suit you, and then try to complain that they should do something different.

I fully expect to be able to attend my first game in October, with the wise permission of our Government. Hopefully Saturday's trials that you think are daft will confirm that there is no problem whatsoever having 300 season ticket holders watching a game of football.

Edited by welshbairn

Tbf, if you stick 300 people inside one of those non-SPFL grounds that are glorified public parks with a white barrier around the pitch then than's going to be vastly more crowded than (say) a crowd of 300 within Broadwood. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I fully expect to be able to attend my first game in October, with the wise permission of our Government. Hopefully Saturday's trials that you think are daft will confirm that there is no problem whatsoever having 300 season ticket holders watching a game of football.

"Permission" 😂

No chance

You don't get to suck up to the SG's handling of the pandemic until something comes along that doesn't suit you, castigating anyone who suggests otherwise along the way, and then complain that they should do something different because you would like them to.

How many will be at the EPL games, a far better comparison and the one you usually make to mewl about the pace of the pandemic ? Comparing a response to anything by a devolved parliament in a country with a population of 5m to that of Germany is simply buffoonery shoehorned to fit an agenda, there is quite simply no grounds for comparison what-so-ever.

44 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Heard murmurings the ban on evictions may end up getting extended until March. A lot of landlords are going to be badly stung if so.

Good. The vast majority* of landlords are scum.

*our last landlord before we bought was a #topboi.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

How many will be at the EPL games, a far better comparison and the one you usually make to mewl about the pace of the pandemic ? Comparing a response to anything by a devolved parliament in a country with a population of 5m to that of Germany is simply buffoonery shoehorned to fit an agenda, there is quite simply no grounds for comparison what-so-ever.

Other than because it is zero, why is it a far better comparison?

The SG stated months ago they would look at what other countries were doing to open things safely. If that isn't something they plan on ever doing, they shouldn't have said so.

59 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The majority of SPFL clubs will have more in common to teams in the HL/LL rather than the premiership teams.

Would be very surprised if there is a different strategy for the non-SPFL. If crowds are permitted out with the SPFL then you'll have more people turning up at these games than normally expected.

Its up to the Joint Repsonse Group to make the case to the SG.

We all know that there's no good reason why say, Lossiemouth v Strathspey, or Annan v Elgin etc  couldn't go ahead with the crowd adhering to social distancing measures.

4 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Its up to the Joint Repsonse Group to make the case to the SG.

We all know that there's no good reason why say, Lossiemouth v Strathspey, or Annan v Elgin etc  couldn't go ahead with the crowd adhering to social distancing measures.

Why are those games any different to Premiership games?

Reduced to 6 Scotland too. Huge day for @Todd_is_Godas his much yearned for definitely always supported the Swedish model except from the many times I supported measures that don't resemble the Swedish model Swedish model becomes a reality in Scotland as well as England.

I'm sure I speak for all lockdownphiliac second-wavers when I say, gratz mate. GG. Might as well close the thread now imo 

Edited by madwullie

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why are those games any different to Premiership games?

I think those should go ahead too (with the crowd adhering to social distancing guidelines).

The difference is, that the Premiership teams could probably survive all season if they had to with no fans.

League 1 clubs and below (and some championship teams) can't survive with no fans, and thus no income. At present I suppose there's a chance that fans could be back in time for the season starting, but it doesn't look very likely does it?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well you're unlikely to get more than a hundred at the Lossie game, so inside and outside of the ground there wouldn't be a problem.

The tears and snotters from you are going to be glorious if your permission slip for October gets lost in the post