Coronavirus (COVID-19)

'No data for children to adult transmission in schools'........so we know where the various school staff (and indeed pupils) who have tested positive got the virus from? (again that is a monumental leap forward in tackling the virus overall, that we can accurately pinpoint where each person actually picked up such a contagion)

Wouldn't hold my breath on Swinney making an announcement...will probably just be to say wash your hands more often, and maybe higher numbers might wear a mask.

Doesn't matter to the govt if numbers continue to not come down after the next three weeks....all that will lead to is NS saying that 'at least we can have a more normal Christmas, and we might need tighter restrictions from the start of January again'

37 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
2 hours ago, Manifesto said:

He was the Aussie, so he'd be heading to the Diggers Arms no doubt.

Have any of you actually seen the movie?

Yip. Motorbikes not allowed on the cycle paths...

The Aussie escaped on a push bike and onto Spain.

Sedgwick steals a bicycle, then rides hidden on a train to France, where the French Resistance get him to Spain. 

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I agree with you in that it'll probably not happen. But if it were to, it would seem to involve premier league clubs (as well as others) and be across all of England regardless of their tier system.

We often seem to trail in England's wake in all this, and this could be the green light / inspiration for the SFA to make some noises up here about doing the same. Its become abundantly clear their goal is for old firm / premier league clubs to have fans back first (or certainly not weeks / months behind the lower league and non-league clubs)

I’m not sure how good the prospects are for a return to crowds at the football.  

I suspect the reason we seem to trail England is that they keep promising it’ll happen even when they know it won’t, because they are just telling people what they want to hear to get them off their backs about it. 

So, my partner lives in Angus, I live in Dundee. She is a single household and thus far she was part of my bubble. Is that still OK or is it now not alright because we are banned from travelling to different council areas?

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
That is just total guesswork. The same way it would be guesswork to say it is children that have spread it to them, but there’s no way of knowing if a child has spread it to an adult.

As there is no certainty that someone caught Covid-19 going to a pub.

100% agree. Especially when the assumption stats on transmission through restaurants and pubs is being done in a way that assumes that if someone who has tested positive in the last 7 days has visited one of these establishments then the transmission occurred there rather than any of the numerous other places they visited. 

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I’m not sure how good the prospects are for a return to crowds at the football.  

I suspect the reason we seem to trail England is that they keep promising it’ll happen even when they know it won’t, because they are just telling people what they want to hear to get them off their backs about it. 

You may well be right.

I agree the prospects aren't good at all. But adding weight to my thinking that the SFA's goal is to have premier league fans back first, out of absolutely nowhere tonight Dundee United have sent me a 'Return to Tannadice' survey to fill in.

Falkirk based posters.
Your mission, should you accept it, is to deal with this issue with extreme prejudice.
https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/christmas/christmas-eve-bell-ringing-event-organised-scots-women-hits-150k-milestone-3029525
b25lY21zOmZkODBmNzFkLTE5MWUtNDM1ZS1iN2E0LTFjOGYxMmQwZjhhOTo4NWY3MzVhNi05MGM1LTQ0MDgtOTI4Yy1hMTU5MGUwYWNmNTM=.jpg?%26width=640&key=86b30900fdcc1978a8fc46b419e097f38601bc46baf43dac74a3729edcd46df4
It would be easier to highlight those NOT "saving" Christmas this year at this rate !!!

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Police Scotland have now said they won't change the way they're policing travel between regions in different zones :lol:

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting to be caught, charged, or fined.

I do though find it becoming an offence, punishable by law, however unlikely, deeply troubling. 

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So, my partner lives in Angus, I live in Dundee. She is a single household and thus far she was part of my bubble. Is that still OK or is it now not alright because we are banned from travelling to different council areas?

You can still move between households.

Can extended households travel between tiers?

Yes. If the two parts of an extended household live in different local authority areas, they can still meet up indoors, but should be extra cautious if travelling from one tier level to another. The Scottish Government Coronavirus (COVID-19): local protection level (tier) 3 guidance states:

“Members of an extended household are considered to be one household for the legal requirements on meeting other households and going outside, and for the guidance in this document about seeing friends and family and about exercise and leisure activity.

You can continue to interact with members of your extended household even if they live in a different area with a different Level of protective measures. 

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

BBC sport reporting that fans may be allowed back at stadiums in England in December. I'll be astonished if this happens, but we seem to have heard the same pish every month since the 19/20 season ended
The same England that just announced 600 deaths today, highest since early May. Aye crowds will be back down there in a fortnight !!!

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
58 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
Latest 7 day rates. Level 4 definitely required. Look at all that stubbornness. 20201117_203139.thumb.jpeg.6495374f4c2abafb20b01fbd3b37c50a.jpeg

North Ayrshire higher than South on every measure yet it's SA that gets put up !

I did notice that, however that's only up to November 12th, the most recent figures have NA below SA.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
BBC sport reporting that fans may be allowed back at stadiums in England in December. I'll be astonished if this happens, but we seem to have heard the same pish every month since the 19/20 season ended

The same England that just announced 600 deaths today, highest since early May. Aye crowds will be back down there in a fortnight !!!

Nowhere near 600 actual daily deaths. Try half that.

20201117_213815.jpg