Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There’s been quite a few hospitality venues near me in Edinburgh have shut down permanently since the start of this. Couple of my favourite restaurants actually which is gutting.

I know and it’s happening worldwide and a sin that any business or its staff suffer regardless of where. I was specifically referencing Falkirk though because on the face of it, in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t appear to have been affected to quite the same levels as other places, but that’s because Falkirk got way ahead of the pandemic and died a death ages ago.

Wifes practice manager has had word from local authority that they expect tier 4 imposed this week across West Central Scotland. Said it before that im really unsure what the point is as people breaking the rules will just continue. 
Completely pointless.

I could be wrong but I'm sure one of the criteria for being placed into tier 4 was cases exceeding 300 per 100k of population. Nowhere currently exceeds that (albeit Glasgow are close) and most areas who were previously close have been steadily declining.

As usual I don't expect we'll be given the reasons behind being put into tier 4. Seems like the SG are moving the goalposts yet again but unfortunately we'll just have to accept it.

Yes my post was dripping in sarcasm.  Off my self this morning to watch my sons u14 game.   
Talking of madness with rules for u18s contact sport.
His league has teams from 3 council areas.
Last week one council was in tier 3 and their teams were stopped from travelling into their tier 2 neighbour for games.
Now said tier 2 council has higher restrictions as it has moved into tier 3.
Now all teams can play each other again.   
A workmate's son has had similar with his team. It's also been made clear to him and all the other parents that if they try and watch his matches from outside the ground then either his boy will be subbed and will take no further part in the match, or the match will be abandoned.

Very quick reminder before we disappear down the hindsight rabbit hole that the WHO changed their advice on the 5th June. I would think it would be very unlikely that any local health expert would go against the WHO advice at the time.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-52945210

I'm sure they won't get fooled again.

7 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Falkirk is 20th right now out of the 32 LA areas so to pump them into tier 4 becuase of a breakout in a nursing home in Bannockburn would be madness.   If the information came from someone high up at FVRH then the chances are they're a mendacious incompotent fool anyway.

I believe there has been a number of positive cases in a meat processing plant - or something similar - in Bridge of Allan.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Whatever your personal feelings towards Boris, you have to feel sympathy if he ends up not getting it twice.

I’ll feel the same sympathy he feels towards everyone who’s suffered at the hands of his abhorrent partie’s policies and share the same level of concern towards him as he displays towards the poorest in society. 

I’ll feel the same sympathy he feels towards everyone who’s suffered at the hands of his abhorrent partie’s policies and share the same level of concern towards him as he displays towards the poorest in society. 

You're a better man than me, then. I wish him, and indeed every Tory, the best that Karma has to offer.

11 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Stirling ruining it for the rest of the Forth Valley. 

DBA487D8-C10F-4D2D-AB6E-FCD549C969AC.jpeg

Fife is climbing nicely, I wish the BBC would commission a weekly Eurovision style results show for this. Mainly just to stick Aberdeen city in tier 4 live on TV to enjoy the seeth.

9 minutes ago, SoapMactavish said:

I think if there’s ever a competition for “Most fiting metaphor to describe government incompetence” then Boris Johnson getting Covid-19 twice has got to be up there. 

Mop-haired fud. 

Getting Coronavirus twice and managing to stumble through it without dying.

The Boris Johnson Story.

56 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Stirling ruining it for the rest of the Forth Valley. 

DBA487D8-C10F-4D2D-AB6E-FCD549C969AC.jpeg

There must be reasons (groups they've tested in certain weeks) behind the sharp rises and falls between weeks in some regions.