Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Does anything serious need to be said to posters like Wee Bully and Auld Man Danger?

Good to see I’m living rent free in your head again.

Anyone even thinking that the current restrictions point towards a change in the immigration stance of the SG is either:

1. At it, or

2. Has genuinely lost the plot.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Gonna be a hefty shiter when they start letting folk travel but only those who are vaccinated. 20 somethings like myself having to lock themselves in the house for a year to protect the old and infirm, then us being stuck in the UK when those same folk are away to the Dominican on their SAGA cruises.

While it is only correct that the most vulnerable were vaccinated first, and the government clearly stated that there would be no private option to skip the queue, maybe that can change once the over 50s and at risk are completed and we move on to the general population, so if you are happy to wait your turn on the NHS you can, but if you want/need it sooner and are prepared to pay then you have that option. Bear in mind that it's not only about holidays, but those having to go abroad for work are increasingly likely to find themselves requiring to be vaccinated to travel to some places.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The smugness is unreal with her. Half the way was just saying “told you so” in a very petty way.

I listened to that and must admit I cannot disagree with most of what she is saying.  She certainly does not come across as smug but you seem to have a hatered for her no matter what she says.  I assume you are better qualified?

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I listened to that and must admit I cannot disagree with most of what she is saying.  She certainly does not come across as smug but you seem to have a hatered for her no matter what she says.  I assume you are better qualified?

What? I’m not sure I’ve made many posts on Sridhar, if any tbh, so not sure where you’re coming from on that one.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

What? I’m not sure I’ve made many posts on Sridhar, if any tbh, so not sure where you’re coming from on that one.

Ok apologies if it was not you - there do seem to be many wh criticise her for everything and as I stated earlier I simply cannot disagree with a lot in that video.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

4% positivity, and hospital levels under the peak from last spring. Certainly good news on that front, although I didn't catch the vaccine number.

As you say good news.

Hospital numbers now 1499, down from 1542 yesterday. The peak number for proven cases last spring was 1520 on 20th April.

ICU 109 down from 113 with 28 long stay patients, down from 30 yesterday

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

Cutting through the shite

Is she not correct. We do need to close effectively borders to get on top of this, as the UK govt are now doing, and probably should have done last summer

She is but she says give up one summer, we already did that and it was a complete waste of time.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Has superbigal posted todays number yet? Keen to know if Falkirk have sacked McKinnon and got that #newmanagerbounce

Usually posts them between 2 and 3.

On 10/02/2021 at 14:28, superbigal said:

Todays summary:   Aberdeen drops below Prof Jason's fantasy number of 50 cases per 100K. Only area doing better are the Northern Isles. This is a city and leading the way.  Dundee continues it's outstanding progress with a 25% drop in 2 days. Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Dundee combined have only 605 cases which is less than 10% of Scotland's total of 6,092. If Levels are phased back in after Tuesdays announcement it is really fairly obvious now where the splits may be. The worst performing area on the eastern side of the country is close to getting below the 100 marker. 

Large surge in a part of East Ayrshire as an area pops over the 1,000 marker again.   Falkirk & Clacks continue their bewildering numbers !!!

Daily infections have now dropped for 35 days in a row since the peak on 4th January. The total drop being 63.06%. Total cases are 6,092 and the positive test rate is now at 5.6%.  

Home nations first: England  212.6 to 202.5 4.75% daily drop.  Wales 121.2 to 118.3 2.39% daily drop. Northern Ireland 170.5 to 165.2  3.11% daily drop.

Bit of a change in Europe among the major nations. Top hitters now Czech rep 470,   the Portugal 437 Which is dropping quickly, Spain 422, then a big drop to France 208, Sweden 204.   The UK overall now below 200 at 190.6

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure 1st Feb to 7th Feb Jan was 113.7

Todays figure for 2nd Feb to 8th Feb is 111.5   A  drop of 1.94% on the day. Infections have dropped every day (now 35 days in a row) since the aforementioned peak.  Total drop is now 63.06%

Council progress in last 24 hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk  230.6 to 221.9   Perhaps Lowland League may be dodged.

Clackmannanshire 219.2 to  219.2  

North Lanarkshire  181.0 to  174.9

West Dunbartonshire 168.7 to 172.0

Stirling  150.7 to 163.5  Another bad day in Stirling

Glasgow City 164.9 to 157.8

East Ayrshire 151.6 to 156.5   Kilmarnock South Central & Caprington pole vaults to 1,356.2 cases per 100K.  22 additional cases in 24 hours.

South Lanarkshire  148.5 to  148.8   Kicked off in Lesmahagow up to 952.4 cases per 100K

Renfrewshire 155.2 to 141.3  Nearly 10% daily drop

East Renfrewshire  137.1 to 136.1 

North Ayrshire 126.2 to 129.9

West Lothian  113.1 to 121.8  Yet another bad day in West Lothian for Burnieman to chew over. Likes like it is Ra Joonyurs in Whitburn & Armadale fighting to ascend the Pyramid.

East Dunbartonshire 126.1 to 109.5 Great 13% daily drop.

South Ayrshire 109.2 to 109.2

Midlothian 100.6 to 108.2  

Argyll & Bute  104.8 to 107.1

Angus 124.8 to 105.9  Huge 15% drop on day.

Western Isles    112.3 to 101.0

Inverclyde 105.4 to 99.0  First Weegieish (West coast too confusing) area sub 100

East Lothian  97.1 to  99.0

Dumfries & Galloway 81.3 to 88.7 

Dundee City 99.1 to 87.1   15% yesterday & further 12% down last 2 days

Moray  81.4 to 77.2

City Of Edinburgh 67.1 to 68.6

Perth & Kinross   65.2 to 68.4

Highlands 64.0 to 60.6   

Fife   60.5 to 57.6 

Aberdeenshire 56.3 to 56.7

Scottish  Borders  50.2 to 51.9

Aberdeen City 54.2 to 49.9  Outstanding a city Sub 50  

Shetland Islands  8.7 to 8.7

Orkney Island  4.5 to 4.5

Edited by superbigal

19 minutes ago, Binos said:

Cutting through the shite

Is she not correct. We do need to close effectively borders to get on top of this, as the UK govt are now doing, and probably should have done last summer

You also now need a negative PCR to enter the UK, which you didn't last year. By no means a silver bullet, but does help mitigate risk.

There's also no logic in barring travel from countries that have lesser prevalence than the UK. That said, given the Kent variant, we're likely barred from most of Europe anyway at the moment so there are bigger problems at play.