Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Aside from the fact we already know, which is that the Buns are utter mutants, the mewling about how these gatherings are going to lead to any spike in infections or delay restrictions being eased is utter nonsense. This didn't happen following the BLM protests, or when Liverpool and Leeds fans gathered, and so on. The evidence regarding outdoor transmission being inconsequential is quite clear, so the response of the usual Helen Lovejoy types to this is just as tiresome as the fact that again, the Buns are total vermin.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

In how many months time do you think the UK Gov / Scot Gov will mention stuff like this?

Maybe as they realise the inevitability of people not caring post-vaccination and as restrictions are punted into the ether for good.

Aside from the fact we already know, which is that the Buns are utter mutants, the mewling about how these gatherings are going to lead to any spike in infections or delay restrictions being eased is utter nonsense. This didn't happen following the BLM protests, or when Liverpool and Leeds fans gathered, and so on. The evidence regarding outdoor transmission being inconsequential is quite clear, so the response of the usual Helen Lovejoy types to this is just as tiresome as the fact that again, the Buns are total vermin.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Any increase is more likely to come from the 95%+ that attended house parties over the weekend. 

Think it's fair to say that the fallout from this police reaction is going to lead to even more thousands saying "you know what, f*** it, I'm having my mates around", or "I'm off to see my parents" this week, regardless of any SG advice.  I'm talking about the more respectable types who wouldn't have considered it a week ago.

I've seen enough posts from a number of different posters on various threads here and the general message (from perhaps most) seems to be 'why bother / game's a bogey / stop being a Helen Lovejoy' etc.  Yesterday will probably be seen as the day that the police officially lost the battle with the public, who'll now only go along with laws if they agree with them and see it as being socially acceptable to do so.

It's a shite state of affairs Tommy...

Edited by Hedgecutter

I heard a snippet on the local radio news there.
Did Swinney drop a hint that A) once the tier system comes in it'll move to Health Boards rather than Local Authorities and B) Forth Valley may well remain in Level 4?
Do not like if true.

Just now, Fife Saint said:
4 minutes ago, Steven W said:
I heard a snippet on the local radio news there.
Did Swinney drop a hint that A) once the tier system comes in it'll move to Health Boards rather than Local Authorities and B) Forth Valley may well remain in Level 4?

Do not like if true.

I only caught the end of it.

What I did catch was him highlighting that three worst LAs are the three Forth Valley ones, and that there is a lot of movement in and out of Clacks (which is the current table topper). There may have been something about a decision being made next month (which is politics talk for a decision has alreday been made)

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Huge fan of Inanimate Carbon Rod red dotting every single post which dares to criticise the police.

tumblr_mrsjxqbN8N1sa9dy9o2_1280.jpeg.thumb.jpg.4a014ae9bea1332f51baaad52dfa58a8.jpg

Happy to brighten your day. 
Still maintain that whatever happened or didnt there would be one side screaming about something. Did it look good, no, would another side be claiming the police acted ‘too heavy handed’ (which seems to be the war cry of football fans all over) if they charged in and had sporadic violence all over Glasgow last night, yes. Was it a lose lose situation whatever approach was taken, most definitely. 

40 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It was actually more than that.  you're the only person that wasn't invited.

They certainly wouldn't waste their time inviting me, I'm not into parties of randoms.

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I noticed this got minimal coverage yesterday

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/07/nhs-pay-protest-organiser-fined-10000-as-police-arrest-elderly-demonstrator-14203041/

A demonstration against the proposed 1% pay rise for NHS workers in England ended with one medic being arrested and the organiser being fined £10,000.

NHS protest against 1% pay rises in Manchester and Downing Street.

Can't have anyone out on the streets protesting the government over something that is going to directly affect their lives.

To be fair,  Rangers is what the majority of Rangers fans live for.  The clubs success makes up for their own failures.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Happy to brighten your day. 
Still maintain that whatever happened or didnt there would be one side screaming about something. Did it look good, no, would another side be claiming the police acted ‘too heavy handed’ (which seems to be the war cry of football fans all over) if they charged in and had sporadic violence all over Glasgow last night, yes. Was it a lose lose situation whatever approach was taken, most definitely. 

I disagree.

If they had peacefully dispersed the smattering people right as they started to gather, they'd have also cut down on the majority of other folk coming in at the back of them.

Instead it became a situation where person A ends up outside Ibrox, phones person B, C, D and E and tells them the Police aren't doing anything to usher folk away so just get a carry oot and come on down. Many others see this on twitter, telly, radio etc and decide to join in. A swift nipping in the bud would almost certainly have prevented it getting to the levels it did.