Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, s_dog said:

That was even quicker than I thought 😂

She only made the actual vaccine. Fucking grifter.

Until she's had over 100 pointless arguments on P&B she's not worth listening to. I mean, does she even have a gif game? 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Football crowds should be allowed the same time as any other sizeable outdoor public gatherings.

The idea that they should be treated as a special case / put on a naughty step is nonsense.

You'd hope it's nonsense, but then you remember who's advising her.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd have left the first one up a bit longer before going with the second. Youd have got some attention sooner or later.

Unlike yourself with your wee Bonnie Langford impressions, I don't need attention. 

Those two obviously weren't amongst the "fittest". 

26 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

No. Because then the cause of death wouldn't be Covid.

It's a retrospective cohort study. They have attempted to match each novel variant case with similar non-variant cases (age, gender, co-morbidities, etc). It  says you have about a 60% higher chance of dying if you have the Kent variant. It can't tell us why this is the case because of the study design.

Yeah, the data was collected between October and January and followed up into last month. It could still be the case that the Kent variant has higher mortality, but as long as the vaccine is effective in reducing total mortality, it is likely not clinically relevant.

Unless you're the one that dies, of course...

13 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Have now heard of two deaths of persons having had their 1st jag, not quite 100% against the vaccine. 

Every single person who got the first course of the smallpox vaccine has since died.  100% fatality rate.  Where are the mainstream media telling you this?

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hopefully she gets torn into Sevco, their mutant fans and the Keystone Cops, it's not like she's going to lose many votes from any of them.

However, no doubt she'll put on her stern face and blame "football" instead.

Given Rangers pied her request to tell their fans to go home she should be launching in for no other reason than she's a petty arsehole. Everyone would understand.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think for us getting back into the ground yes, not for the matches themselves.

It's frustrating to not see a statement from any of the governing bodies condemning last night they are always utterly toothless when it comes to properly reprimanding the old firm. 

I see that the Celtic shop was smashed up last night so maybe the SPFL will crumble when Celtic start to moan.

Just read the article from Gilbert and this is what she said about some measures staying in place:

Despite the sense of there being light at the end of the tunnel, she says there should be no return to the old normal. New hygiene measures can have a wider impact she insists and would like to see the public continue with mask wearing on public transport, as well as sticking to other new habits like washing our hands regularly and more thoroughly.

Now fair enough, some folk may debate the merits of wearing mask and whether or not they would be prepared to do it long term (personally I can see it becoming an advised/learned behaviour in flu seasons).  But the 2nd part is surely just common sense?  Wash your hands and don't be a clatty mess.  

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Absolute scenes when Sturgeon congratulates them on their first title

Keep up it's the second major honour after their heroic petrofact training cup victory over Peterhead.

10 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

If she goes both barrels after Rangers today does she put the SNP vote through the roof in May....

There's a not insignificant number of indy supporting Rangers fans so I think the righteous fury will be tempered with this in mind.

In Nicola statement bingo, how many points do we get for predicting "I'm always getting accused of preferring Rangers by Celtic fans, and Celtic by Rangers fans" this afternoon?

Or do you get more points for saying that won't pop up?