Coronavirus (COVID-19)

How can it be a joyous occasion if they're not allowed to mix inside or outside, meanwhile in the real world hundreds of employers are dealing with absences this morning and looking forward to further no shows for the rest of the week. 

Yes, the poor employers are the real victims in all of this as usual.

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yep, the most vocal folk I've seen have been the #FBPE "any lifting of restrictions is bad because Boris did it" types and folk with a Saltire or "45" badges who value political pointscoring over the real world and therefore treat lockdowns in the same way.

I was reading a thread on Twitter last night about how good it is that the lockdown sceptic crackpots have all started putting smiley faces as their avatars as it allows you to easily identify them and ignore/block.  The FBPE and #45 stuff is also handy.  Specificly related to Covid the hashtag #KBF is kind of like the smiley face and there seems to be a lot of blue hearts that seem to correlate to the #FBPE consitutency but  doesn't match entirely for a like-for-like nutcase factor.  One to watch IMO.

Edited by ICTChris

Just now, craigkillie said:

Yes, the poor employers are the real victims in all of this as usual.

I've not said anything about poor employers, quite a few of them will be celebrating as well. 

Two wrongs don’t make a right but I also note that St J had asked their fans NOT to come to the ground.
I may have missed it and apologise if I have but I saw no similar announcement or statement from a club that had previously issued statements like confetti!

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I was reading a thread on Twitter last night about how good it is that the lockdown sceptic crackpots have all started putting smiley faces as their avatars as it allows you to easily identify them and ignore/block.  The FBPE and #45 stuff is also handy.  Specificly related to Covid the hashtag #KBF is kind of like the smiley face and there seems to be a lot of blue hearts that seem to correlate to the #FBPE consitutency but  doesn't match entirely for a like-for-like nutcase factor.  One to watch IMO.

What does #KBF mean? 

Two wrongs don’t make a right but I also note that St J had asked their fans NOT to come to the ground.
I may have missed it and apologise if I have but I saw no similar announcement or statement from a club that had previously issued statements like confetti!
Saints are usually quite diligent, im surprised they didnt have someone at the car park entrance stopping anyone wandering up.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

15AC6B02-113D-4076-A9CE-D9EE917B6089.png

Aside from care homes and garden centres, the percentages saying "should not require a passport" probably corresponds to the proportion of the population who visit each setting in a given month.

The British public's attitude at large is everyone should be punished, except me who is special and protagonist of life.

Edited by Marshmallo

that was their plan all along brilliant, a plan which by their own admission put members of staffs health at risk. I don't think that statement will do them any favours.

38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aside from care homes and garden centres, the percentages saying "should not require a passport" probably corresponds to the proportion of the population who visit each setting in a given month.

The British public's attitude at large is everyone should be punished, except me who is special and protagonist of life.

It's becoming increasingly clear that people want restrictions / passports in place going forward not because they care about others, but because they are absolutely shiting themselves after being hooked only to mainstream news for a year.

Why would you need a vaccine passport to enter a carehome, where the residents and staff were among the first to be vaccinated?

These people are going to get left behind in a few months time.

Edited by Todd_is_God

"Oh aye, they'll all be on their computers, or iPhones or whatever they have these days, saying how they know best and that like. Well, unfortunately for them, I'm the chief, and I've got the Twitter too, ken"

p0368tf4.jpg.d18aec03c986159ffdde50794bd63473.jpg

Without knowing enough to go into any great detail, is it not likely that deaths will be higher from it purely cause it hit in the peak time of year for deaths by respiratory illnesses regardless?

Is it that the strain (pre-print conscious) is more lethal, or the fact that it is more transmissible leads to more deaths? 

I tried reading it but it's just words I do recognise all joined together in a senseless fashion.