Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

In 2021 the cry is still no surrender.
I thought they were just brain deid.
That's an insult to Zombies and goldfish.
Do these people actually have lives, wives, kids, jobs etc ?

We've got a national anthem about sending home a guy who died 700 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The way you are talking you seem to think Sturgeon was sitting in a bunker watching it all unfold on CCTV while instructing her "troops on the ground" how to control that situation.
The police dealt with that situation today no differently to the way they have dealt with supporters of those two cheeks for decades, they can basically do what they want, it's mob rule plain and simple. Always has been, always will be. Clearly their mob trumps the law but that is no different today in lockdown to anytime in the past 40 years or so but to advocate that this means the rest of us can do what we want is basically setting out moral compass in line with the knuckle daggers. Two wrongs must definitely don't make a right.

They could’ve prepared for this in many ways to reduce the numbers. They’re leading a March through the town for them ffs :lol: 

SG cannot expect people to keep in line, whilst Police Scotland take rangers fans by the hand for a jaunt round GCC. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

The way you are talking you seem to think Sturgeon was sitting in a bunker watching it all unfold on CCTV while instructing her "troops on the ground" how to control that situation.
The police dealt with that situation today no differently to the way they have dealt with supporters of those two cheeks for decades, they can basically do what they want, it's mob rule plain and simple. Always has been, always will be. Clearly their mob trumps the law but that is no different today in lockdown to anytime in the past 40 years or so but to advocate that this means the rest of us can do what we want is basically setting out moral compass in line with the knuckle daggers. Two wrongs must definitely don't make a right.

You could surely understand the anger of anyone that either has been or will be fined for a covid violation though?  Just for once think of something other than jumping to Sturgeon’s defence.

if these gatherings are truly as dangerous as the government would have us believe the police should be taking action.  If they aren’t taking the correct action the government should be ordering them to.  If they aren’t as dangerous as the narrative we shouldn’t be under a stay at home order.  You can’t have it both ways.

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

There’s more chance of spreading covid by opening the pubs then a few hundred people walking along the street.

Yep, or the schools. But let's have a go at football fans as if they're the antichrist again.

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

They could’ve prepared for this in many ways to reduce the numbers. They’re leading a March through the town for them ffs :lol: 

SG cannot expect people to keep in line, whilst Police Scotland take rangers fans by the hand for a jaunt round GCC. 

Probably sensible policing tbh. Rather than forcing folk indoors or to start rioting. 

Not a fan of the OF but any club would do the same tbh.

You could surely understand the anger of anyone that either has been or will be fined for a covid violation though?  Just for once think of something other than jumping to Sturgeon’s defence.
if these gatherings are truly as dangerous as the government would have us believe the police should be taking action.  If they aren’t taking the correct action the government should be ordering them to.  If they aren’t as dangerous as the narrative we shouldn’t be under a stay at home order.  You can’t have it both ways.
I 200% understand the anger, I'm raging too as was NS. Point I'm making is it's nowt to do with the SG how that was policed today. I fully expect her to condemn the way it was handled by the Chief Constable.

To say that situation today was somehow "allowed" by the SG is just nonsense.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I wouldn't like to be a bunch of teenagers following Motherwell or St Johnstone now Police Scotland will need decide to show how tough they are on football disorder.

They got away with it as well

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/2011036/st-johnstone-fans-gather-at-mcdiarmid-park-after-historic-cup-win/

They could’ve prepared for this in many ways to reduce the numbers. They’re leading a March through the town for them ffs [emoji38] 
I agree fully and I hope the SG condemn the way it was handled. Point I was making is that the way it was policed had zero to do with the SG and everything to do with police Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

It really is independence from Glasgow that we should be advocating. A dystopian wasteland ravaged by human misery and disease. Get that post industrial shithole in the sea.

The only 2 dece clubs in Glasgow are Partick Thistle and Queens Park.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, Scosha said:
They could’ve prepared for this in many ways to reduce the numbers. They’re leading a March through the town for them ffs emoji38.png 

I agree fully and I hope the SG condemn the way it was handled. Point I was making is that the way it was policed had zero to do with the SG and everything to do with police Scotland.

Police scotland have been directed by the scottish government to adopt the 4e’s approach to policing the pandemic so thats quite clearly not accurate.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Police scotland have been directed by the scottish government to adopt the 4e’s approach to policing the pandemic so thats quite clearly not accurate.

Didn't stop the chief constable weighing in on people protesting for basic racial equality in the summer, did it?

Edited by craigkillie

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I 200% understand the anger, I'm raging too as was NS. Point I'm making is it's nowt to do with the SG how that was policed today. I fully expect her to condemn the way it was handled by the Chief Constable.

To say that situation today was somehow "allowed" by the SG is just nonsense.

Why the f**k will she condemn the CC's handling, anyone that doesn't think there's parties happening all over the West of Scotland is kidding themselves on, Nicola is a halfwit if she thinks Rangers fans will cease their festivities due to a club statement.