Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

At least the head of the Scottish Police Federation is having a normal one.

I thought that was a parody account, imagine him finding his way to the top of the federation:lol:

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

I thought that was a parody account, imagine him finding his way to the top of the federation:lol:

Twitter truly is the great leveler. 

Proves undoubtedly that everyone deep down is pathetically fragile, no matter how much power they've accrued in their career. 

Edited by madwullie

I'm prepared to give the polis the benefit of the doubt.
They have marched the growing crowds through every cctv camera they can. Full facial recognition software is now firing through the database.
100s of fines issued later today.
Kerching
Some of those affected said it was worth it.
Best day of their lives.

Such a fascinating existence.

The Venn diagram of people wanting NS to lift all the restrictions straight away, and people furious over the **** spreading covid is a perfect circle.
A circle as round as the rim of a cup of salty tears.

I don’t think that’s true at all. Most of the people I’ve seen complaining about it would be categorised at very lockdown supportive.

24 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Twitter truly is the great leveler. 

Proves undoubtedly that everyone deep down is pathetically fragile, no matter how much power they've accrued in their career. 

In his case it seems to be he's risen to power to counter being fragile. Absolutely hilarious and I'm sure we look forward to him eventually entering the world of politics at some point.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Hopefully the football are proactive about paying for the clean up operation. At £7 a bar of champions chocolate I'm sure they have plenty in the slush fund.

I don’t think that’s true at all. Most of the people I’ve seen complaining about it would be categorised at very lockdown supportive.

Yep, the most vocal folk I've seen have been the #FBPE "any lifting of restrictions is bad because Boris did it" types and folk with a Saltire or "45" badges who value political pointscoring over the real world and therefore treat lockdowns in the same way.

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There’s 90 police cells actively in use in Glasgow right now even if you arrest a ‘small group’ youre not going to make a dent in a crowd of thousands scattered through the city centre. The snp appointed lord advocate has also massively reduced the guidance to duty officers on which type of offences will actually be accepted in custody and these folks would likely just be released anyway. 
Look i get your anger, im raging myself, but theres not very much else they can do, if they go in and try and arrest a ‘small group’ then it spurs an even larger amount to cause disorder, thats how crowd dynamics work. 

No need to stick them in the cells. Cordon them into a street and allow release once they've been processed with a Penalty Notice. They could be filmed, as they are actively committing an offence, and any non-payers could have their footage matched with some taken at Snake Mountain on matchdays - surely rangers* could be shamed into banning these shitgibbons who have undeniably tarnished what should have been a joyous occasion - celebration of their first senior trophy?

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

No need to stick them in the cells. Cordon them into a street and allow release once they've been processed with a Penalty Notice. They could be filmed, as they are actively committing an offence, and any non-payers could have their footage matched with some taken at Snake Mountain on matchdays - surely rangers* could be shamed into banning these shitgibbons who have undeniably tarnished what should have been a joyous occasion - celebration of their first senior trophy?

How can it be a joyous occasion if they're not allowed to mix inside or outside, meanwhile in the real world hundreds of employers are dealing with absences this morning and looking forward to further no shows for the rest of the week. 

53 minutes ago, 101 said:

He isnt elected by members. At national level fed reps are decided amongst the various regional heads. Hes an idiot. 

48 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I had the dubious pleasure of sitting at the same table as him at a public sector pensions meeting.

It's fair to say he is rather keen on both himself and the sound of his own voice.

I wonder what he thought he was going to achieve by going on twitter, a place  which of course is the epitome of rational debate.  Very strange.

Thats certainly my impression from any previous dealings. Even if I agreed in any way with the sentiment thats a spectacular way to make an arse of yourself.