Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Would the polis not have been better blocking the roads round george square and telling them to go to glasgow green, then they could have hung about there all day annoying nae c**t, polis could have manned the exits and if they wanted to let them have a wee parade they could have took them down the broomielaw

Police scotland have been directed by the scottish government to adopt the 4e’s approach to policing the pandemic so thats quite clearly not accurate.
That situation today needed far firmer handling and the Chief Constable has that in his remit. They didn't just police that today, they aided it going by the coverage. To use the same tactics in that scenario in George Square today as a few hill walkers at the Arrochar car park is just wrong but that was how the commanding officers decided to treat it.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Didn't stop the chief constable weighing in on people protesting for basic racial equality in the summer, did it?

You mean at the mass protest they facilitated?   You’re an intelligent guy please dont fall down the everyone in the polis is a masonic rangers fan rabbit hole cos that’s absolutely beneath you. 

Why the f**k will she condemn the CC's handling, anyone that doesn't think there's parties happening all over the West of Scotland is kidding themselves on, Nicola is a halfwit if she thinks Rangers fans will cease their festivities due to a club statement. 
You've lost me there ! You think today was akin to a house party ?

16 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Call the season now.  No honours but keep positions.  Also deduct some points off of Hearts, just for a laugh.

If that were to happen, I trust Hearts will stick to their principles re: sporting integrity, by refusing to be promoted unfairly with 8 games to go?

You mean at the mass protest they facilitated?   You’re an intelligent guy please dont fall down the everyone in the polis is a masonic rangers fan rabbit hole cos that’s absolutely beneath you. 
I don't think anyone is suggesting that's why it was facilitated. It was allowed because the two cheeks are treated differently to any other mass gatherings in Scotland. One rule for them another for the rest of us. Nothing new it's just in the midst of a stay at home lockdown some of us had hoped for a tougher line for once.

Prediction: this has no effect on case numbers (just as it didn't in Leeds and Liverpool when the exact same thing happened), we realise that outdoor transmission is very low and that singing as part of a crowd outside is actually okay, the Scottish Government greenlights the return of supporters to stadiums immediately and we have a full house back in for Aberdeen 0-0 Livingston straight after the split.

lol as if the snp would acknowledge this in any way

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Why the f**k will she condemn the CC's handling, anyone that doesn't think there's parties happening all over the West of Scotland is kidding themselves on, Nicola is a halfwit if she thinks Rangers fans will cease their festivities due to a club statement. 

You've lost me there ! You think today was akin to a house party ?

That's just a small number of those celebrating tonight, show videos of police being heavy handed this afternoon and I've no doubt the numbers of those celebrating overtly would have swelled dramatically. Whether we like it or not, far more folk are interested in Rangers than BLM. 

That's just a small number of those celebrating tonight, show videos of police being heavy handed this afternoon and I've no doubt the numbers of those celebrating overtly would have swelled dramatically. Whether we like it or not, far more folk are interested in Rangers than BLM. 
Ah so mob rule is ok then. Just because there's a lot of them doesn't make it right. As I said before it's nothing new just mighty disappointing when the rest of us are subjected to massive restrictions.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Ah so mob rule is ok then. Just because there's a lot of them doesn't make it right. As I said before it's nothing new just mighty disappointing when the rest of us are subjected to massive restrictions.

would you like some assistance in re-attaching your head?

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I'm not calling them masonic or Rangers fans, just pointing out that the chief constable previously stuck his oar in with a daft inflammatory statement which nobody asked for after a previous mass gathering, so to suggest that they are powerless and just doing what the government are asking doesn't really wash this time.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It's nowt to do with being OK but you'd be blaming the CC if there ended up 20000,30000 due to his actions, we'll have more to worry about transmission from all the inside gatherings today.