Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm not desperate for any argument nor do I want restrictions for 1 more day than is required, I just thought the figures pretty clearly supported the view that schools are pushing transmission of the virus here. 
As will everything else as we open back up. It's called getting back to normal. The virus will not have magically disappeared, it will be rife amongst unvaccinated cohorts but as long as the hospital numbers and deaths stay low it will be largely irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:
I'm not desperate for any argument nor do I want restrictions for 1 more day than is required, I just thought the figures pretty clearly supported the view that schools are pushing transmission of the virus here. 

As will everything else as we open back up. It's called getting back to normal. The virus will not have magically disappeared, it will be rife amongst unvaccinated cohorts but as long as the hospital numbers and deaths stay low it will be largely irrelevant.

I don't think it's anyone on P&B you need to convince of this tbh

37 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Agreed. Doesn't fit with the narrative that schools are safe though, which is what we've been told.

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I see emergency Covid powers at Westminster have been officially extended for another 6 months. Seems odd when all restrictions will have been removed by mid June (allegedly) emoji1781.png

A reminder that the SG already extended theirs until September without so much as deeming a parliamentary vote necessary.

But we'll be "at least level zero" by late June 🤥

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Well, we'll just have to get on with it, won't we?
You can sit in the garden, it's not like you'll be stuck indoors.

"We" as if you're not a 90 year old pensioner.

We're all in it together. Think of it like the older people will be keeping you a seat in the pub.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

A reminder that the SG already extended theirs until September without so much as deeming a parliamentary vote necessary.

But we'll be "at least level zero" by late June 🤥

Sure I heard the other day on the news it was something to do with allowing them to continue Furlough (the WM powers that is).  Wasn't really paying attention as to the details though.

29 minutes ago, Michael W said:

How about we file your dystopian dreams right into the bin, Professor Tim, you utter creep? 

Screenshot_20210325_180800_com.android.chrome.jpg

I really feel for the elderly. My mum is only 64 but she has never had a mobile phone. My neighbour across the road is about 85 and has poor vision, how can they expect her to be able to work some "digital passport". I'm honestly shocked at how easily theyll be able to bring vaccine passports in. The age of resistance is long gone in this country 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The age of resistance is long gone in this country 

Oh,  I don't know.

I think if we all take a selfie doing a jobby in front of the police, we'll get what we want.

40790298-9388059-image-a-181_1616427681832.jpg

Vaccine passports can get in the bin. I’ll be fucking seething as a 25 year old this summer if I can’t get into the pubs etc as I won’t have had 2 doses, whilst the elderly and vulnerable who I’ve sat inside for for the past year to protect are out having a laugh. 

But we'll be "at least level zero" by late June [emoji1781]
Well aware we had extended but the SG haven't said all restrictions gone by June (at least not publicly).