Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

When I see how many tweets NS put out last night about a meaningless rugby match, I begin to find myself wondering if there is some kind of anti-football agenda. 

We've completed last year's Scottish cup, played the League cup out in full, the top 2 tiers are a few weaks away from finishing the league season, and this year's Scottish cup is now being ramped up. We have also fulfilled all our international fixtures and attempted to get lower leagues up and running. All this in spite of several serious, high-profile breaches of the Covid protocols.

Meanwhile in rugby there have been a few internationals., and the 2 elite Pro teams have played in their multi-national tournaments. There has been absolutely no domestic rugby in Scotland at all, at any level. Not a single game.

But clearly the SG has it in for football!

I haven't been following this thread, but I must say it's pleasing to see most here with a common-sense attitude to where we are and how we get back to life as normal. I really fear that TPTB don't want normal to return, but if enough of us demand it then there is hope.

I cannot stand the types on radio phone-ins and Twitter etc who are clamouring for more severe lockdowns and wetting themselves at the prospect of their local Co-op removing their one-way system.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I haven't been following this thread, but I must say it's pleasing to see most here with a common-sense attitude to where we are and how we get back to life as normal. I really fear that TPTB don't want normal to return, but if enough of us demand it then there is hope.

I cannot stand the types on radio phone-ins and Twitter etc who are clamouring for more severe lockdowns and wetting themselves at the prospect of their local Co-op removing their one-way system.

One-way systems are another cracker. I was at the doctor a few weeks ago and I was the only member of the public in the building, yet had to get ushered down a side corridor and out a fire escape (which I wasn't permitted to touch myself) rather than walk back out the main door.

Same with supermarkets. I can walk up and down every aisle in the supermarket in whatever direction I please, but it's deemed to be dangerous to walk out the same side of the main entrance I came in.

Utterly utterly bizarre behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Shipa said:

We've completed last year's Scottish cup, played the League cup out in full, the top 2 tiers are a few weaks away from finishing the league season, and this year's Scottish cup is now being ramped up. We have also fulfilled all our international fixtures and attempted to get lower leagues up and running. All this in spite of several serious, high-profile breaches of the Covid protocols.

Meanwhile in rugby there have been a few internationals., and the 2 elite Pro teams have played in their multi-national tournaments. There has been absolutely no domestic rugby in Scotland at all, at any level. Not a single game.

Hi Tom English

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Because there isn't an appetite for it at government level.

Government have spent 12 months drilling fear into the population with the overarching message that if you're within 2 metres of someone you might kill them. Vaccine or no vaccine, when you've stood in front of the cameras everyday for a year, you're not going to drop that message overnight.

Exit from lockdown will be a slow, slow business. Full football stadiums are at the very bottom of the list.

I don't like it anymore than you, but surely you can read the mood music.

Of course I can read the mood music, but the football authorities really need to be asking questions. The US who've made even more of a mess than this than we did, have had fans back at sports for months now. Not diddy 300 numbers either. Absolute nonsense that come late July when A - most people will have been vaccinated, and the elderly/vulnerable twice , B - covid doesnt like summer months and C - you're outdoors, that the usual crowds of about 200 at Stair Park and most of the other seaside league teams will still have no fans there. 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

One-way systems are another cracker. I was at the doctor a few weeks ago and I was the only member of the public in the building, yet had to get ushered down a side corridor and out a fire escape (which I wasn't permitted to touch myself) rather than walk back out the main door.

Same with supermarkets. I can walk up and down every aisle in the supermarket in whatever direction I please, but it's deemed to be dangerous to walk out the same side of the main entrance I came in.

Despite it going on for a year now and everyone else doing the same, I still feel like a fanny sometimes following these bizarre practices. 

14 minutes ago, Shipa said:

The reason why football is playing and egg-chasing is not in Scotland, is because football is a successful and popular sport in Scotland and egg-chasing is not.

Get back in your box.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Fans in Amsterdam as well I see.

It's actually becoming increasingly infuriating now to see not just how far behind the SG are in terms of relaxing restrictions, despite being over halfway to vaccinating all adults, but also to listen to the negative messaging coming out from their advisors on a near daily basis.

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Reminds me of going to M&S on Wed. A lassie at the entrance wiping baskets and I strolled up to the door as nobody was there, she panicked and said "nooooo you need to go around the walkway", so theres me like an absolute bellend walking through this maze type set up to get into the place. I can only imagine what she'd have been like if I attempted to go out the shop using the same door as I went in 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's actually quite infuriating to see not just how far behind the SG are in terms of relaxing restrictions, despite being over halfway to vaccinating all adults, but also to listen to the negative messaging coming out from their advisors on a near daily basis.

And as far as I can see despite there being an election in May all the parties are all on the same song sheet. 

I am not sure how we get out of this.

Just now, realmadrid said:

And as far as I can see despite there being an election in May all the parties are all on the same song sheet. 

I am not sure how we get out of this.

With the Unionist / Independence balance being so tight, no party is going to risk rocking the boat and testing the appetite for rapid relaxing restrictions in case it loses votes among the Helen Lovejoys and tips the balance the other way.

The SNP season ticket holders would renew regardless anyway.

Of course I can read the mood music, but the football authorities really need to be asking questions. The US who've made even more of a mess than this than we did, have had fans back at sports for months now. Not diddy 300 numbers either. Absolute nonsense that come late July when A - most people will have been vaccinated, and the elderly/vulnerable twice , B - covid doesnt like summer months and C - you're outdoors, that the usual crowds of about 200 at Stair Park and most of the other seaside league teams will still have no fans there. 
That won't happen, come the new season every single fan who wants to see Stranraer or Ayr will be able to attend. Stop flapping ffs.

8 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Would be no surprise if UEFA took the games we have for the Euros somewhere else.  

The worst thing for me is that I don't believe the SG would give a toss if UEFA moved them a couple of hundred miles down the road to England.

I can't envisage another time in my life where a major tournament fixture will come to a Scottish ground, and the SG would not bat an eyelid if their stubbornness caused them to be lost.

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That won't happen, come the new season every single fan who wants to see Stranraer or Ayr will be able to attend. Stop flapping ffs.

I wouldnt be holding my breath on that tbh. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I wouldnt be holding my breath on that tbh. 

I, like you, would be pleasantly surprised if the SG do not impose blanket capacity percentage restrictions based on how many supporters they are comfortable with being inside Ibrox or Celtic Park.

Just so it's "fair"

26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's actually becoming increasingly infuriating now to see not just how far behind the SG are in terms of relaxing restrictions, despite being over halfway to vaccinating all adults, but also to listen to the negative messaging coming out from their advisors on a near daily basis.

A lot of fans with pints in hand, just to rub it in further.