Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 29/06/2021 at 21:30, Jamie_Beatson said:

Three weeks today for my dose 2 appointment, which will be eight weeks to the day after the first.

The website will let me reschedule and looks like I could bring it forward from that. If I did that would they let me have it early or tell me to bolt?

Your post prompted me to think that perhaps my second appointment had got lost in the post so I looked at the walk in options.

Went to Dewars this morning expecting it to be difficult as a walk in and in truth it was easier than the first time.

I just quoted the date of the first appointment at the door and within minutes I was at a station , details pulled up and for some reason no appointment was showing at all despite being well past 8 weeks which the woman said was now the standard. She said this is happening to a few people and why they now push the walk in.

Job done so now all Pfizer'd up.  No ill effects in round 1 so hopeful of the same today and tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, The Master said:

Wimbledon is only at 50% like Wembley to be fair. It just looks busier because it’s smaller. 

Apart from travelling to and from the stadium it doesn't matter much how many seats are in an all seater stadium, it's just the people around you who can infect you, or you them. Haven't seen many empty seats in the Centre Court.

Edited by welshbairn

The other fan who travelled with me to Wembley tested positive late last week , thinking this could happen we decided to do everything we could to be as safe as possible (knowing you can get it in Tesco never mind a crowd)

Stayed in Watford and only came into London on the afternoon of the game, going to a pub for the 2pm and then early at Wembley

However the area where a lot of infection could have been spread was after the game

To get back on the tube the Scotland fans and many others walked down Wembley Way. However the police then stopped everyone and the crowd built up, full width of the way with more people coming behind, no distancing at all and everyone crammed together . It looked like there was a concern over too many people in the station at once and it was then easier to keep everyone outside . We will never know but those 20 minutes were like being back in time in a big crowd , lots of singing etc. I wonder if this is common practice at all games at Wembley?

The increase in hospital figures in Ninewells is mostly down to folk who're in for other issues catching it because they're in the same bay as someone who's infected. Our covid admissions haven't doubled overnight as you'd initially suspect.
Fingers crossed they're all okay, some are definitely in the vulnerable category and family members will be naturally worried. 

Same happened at forth valley couple weeks ago according to the local paper, people in hospital for other issues caught it from other patients or staff

Poor phrasing. 
A half-full Centre Court at Wimbledon will appear fuller because it’s quite small and compact. 
It started at 50% capacity but is gradually being ramped up to 100% for next weekend. Also it's 50% complex capacity not necessarily individual courts.

Absolute NAP that Wembley will be upped to capacity if England beat Ukraine. Amazing how it's "safe" when it suits !

The amount of people turning up and being turned away from the vaccine centre in Dundee despite either having symptoms or having been in contact with people who have tested positive suggests to me that most people are just carrying on as normal. Not that surprising that the cases are on the rise.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Jackie Baillie claiming on BBC there that 1 in 7 people who get Covid subsequently get long Covid. That is quite simply a complete and utter lie, how do people continually get away with outright lies on a national forum like this?

Because the journalism on the Beeb is weak as f**k. 

There must be folk on here in her constituency if you are get her called out. Is she not the shadow health spokesperson? She ought to know better but obviously not and yet it's a surprise to people like her that Labour do so badly in the polls.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

All legal restrictions? Including on international travel?

Brilliant if true although I guess we will be limited to places that will have us rather than places the govt says we can go to.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If true it’ll keep the Scottish Government on track to do the same in August.

No way they will allow themselves to be seen to hold back Scottish businesses, especially as there is no angle to blame Westminster on this occasion.

10 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Couple of days down in Blackpool and definitely felt more “normal” than anywhere I’ve been in Scotland ( as normal as Blackpool can be) 

Water park rammed and no one giving a toss about masks in most places, great to see.

Ditto Flamingoland and Scarborough. 

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

They test negative and do no more. But if they test positive, then they go for a PCR test. In other words, a lot of potentially negative testers are being weeded out, making the % figure here higher than it would have been if everyone who did a test, did a PCR one. 

So do the stats show as 2 positive tests when only 1 person is actually positive then?

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Caught a bit of Roger Federer getting interviewed on Centre Court. Place completely packed, not a mask in sight (apart from the employees). Find myself a mix of delighted to see a full house for an event but also fucking raging that I’ve had to be entered into a ballot (unsuccessfully) for one of just 500 tickets to United’s first League Cup game (and one that in a ‘normal’ year would still be left with tonnes of space given we would have 3000 maximum).

As someone said earlier in this thread - either there is a problem with large outdoor events, or there isn’t. We either need to avoid these things completely or we just need to crack on and get everyone back to the football and other larger scale events.

Of course, It’s blatantly obvious that Wimbledon is as full as it is due to it being driven by social class and political pressure by the wealthy.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Wimbledon is only at 50% like Wembley to be fair. It just looks busier because it’s smaller. 

It was mentioned on the tellybox at Wimbers earlier that the Centre Court capacity had been restricted to 50%, but all the people from the back had moved forward to sit nearer courtside.  May as well just have issued 100% tickets then, if the crowd is going to (be allowed to) sit all together anyway. 

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

Your post prompted me to think that perhaps my second appointment had got lost in the post so I looked at the walk in options.

Went to Dewars this morning expecting it to be difficult as a walk in and in truth it was easier than the first time.

I just quoted the date of the first appointment at the door and within minutes I was at a station , details pulled up and for some reason no appointment was showing at all despite being well past 8 weeks which the woman said was now the standard. She said this is happening to a few people and why they now push the walk in.

Job done so now all Pfizer'd up.  No ill effects in round 1 so hopeful of the same today and tomorrow.

My jag is at Dewars as well.  Scheduled for my second on Monday.  8 weeks and 1 day after the first.  Haven’t heard any of the neighbours complain about scheduling issues.

9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Been to both this week, nobody giving a flying f**k.  Even York today was rammed and nobody bothering other than an occasional  did you use covid app.  Aye mate. 

Off to Lancashire tomorrow and from what I hear it's pretty much as normal.

Whitby yesterday 😁

AEBB08AD-6C17-4FC6-AD53-0A22B6F880F9.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

If true it’ll keep the Scottish Government on track to do the same in August.

No way they will allow themselves to be seen to hold back Scottish businesses, especially as there is no angle to blame Westminster on this occasion.

I really hope the SG stick to their dates and not to delay the 9th of august by a few weeks.