Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

I'm fairly sure this is a reaction to them pumping too many steroids into patients and not some plague spin-off.

This pandemic is a once in a century level event. 'Living' life because this has happened and it 'might' again happen decades from now, or tomorrow, is not something we have ever done before. We shouldn't start either. We will already be far better prepared for something like this happening again, but it would help by getting places like China to clean up their disgusting wet markets and actually be more open with health matters of potentially global significance.

Man's encroachment on the natural environment is global and it gathers pace and it has still not been established where, how and from what it originated.  

It actually matters little what country from where it emerged, but it matters a lot what we learn from it. The root cause and fix goes much further than just jumping a species and closing a wet market. 

The issues have been laid bare before us the last 18 months and the West in particular turned a crises into a disaster on every level. 

Sadly western anglophile world know best and when it inevitably comes around again in a shorter cycle than before as scientists warn, we will repeat the same shit show, because that's who we are. Arrogant ostriches, busy with hegemony and creating enemies and in Boris the most arrogant of all. He just fails to groom his hair after he pulls his rather large head from out of the ground. 

Western hegemony will ensure it happens again and ensure there is again plenty colleteral damage. 

The Western world moves forward to not a good place. 

This surge in cases brings with it just further uncertainty at both a personal and economic level. 

Sadly it's Boris's inconsistency, doubke entendre and bullshit and failure to apply effective strategies that have driven the uncertainty.

He's even on the box now re our troop departure from Afghanistan, saying we achieved much and should be proud. After 20 years, between us and the Yanks we achieved  exactly the square root of the centre of a doughnut and needlessly sacrificed brave British troops for no cause other than our hegemon, whilst butchering innocent locals en mass. The fucker is living in cloud cuckoo land and worse, fuckers even vote for him. 

Let's hope we don't have another crises and have to rely on that tit, or we are all fucked. 

Just back from a few days in Liverpool. No social distancing anywhere and didn’t have to use the NHS App to check into places or do track and trace.  Everyone having a good time. 

Great to see. 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Just back from a few days in Liverpool. No social distancing anywhere and didn’t have to use the NHS App to check into places or do track and trace.  Everyone having a good time. 

Great to see. 

TBF that's exactly what it's been like in Dundee and Glasgow when I have been out the past two weeks. 

Pub staff will point you towards QR code but that's it 

6 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The other big change would be pubs returning to normal licensing hours I think 

This seems very minor and petty but it’s one of the things that’s really riling me at the moment. Having what is essentially an arbitrary curfew with venues having to shut early, that makes absolutely zero difference and I’d argue actively encourages people to go into households and mix in a less controlled environment.

Example was last week my parents were through visiting. Had a meal at 7.30, and usually we’d stop off at a couple of pubs on the way back towards their hotel afterwards, but we can’t because they have to do last orders at 10pm to shut by 10.30pm due to some nonsense Covid restriction. Just utterly infuriating as it’s doing absolutely f**k all to stop Covid spread.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This seems very minor and petty but it’s one of the things that’s really riling me at the moment. Having what is essentially an arbitrary curfew with venues having to shut early, that makes absolutely zero difference and I’d argue actively encourages people to go into households and mix in a less controlled environment.

Example was last week my parents were through visiting. Had a meal at 7.30, and usually we’d stop off at a couple of pubs on the way back towards their hotel afterwards, but we can’t because they have to do last orders at 10pm to shut by 10.30pm due to some nonsense Covid restriction. Just utterly infuriating as it’s doing absolutely f**k all to stop Covid spread.

It seems like it's doing nothing but if they were open another 90 minutes we might all be dead. You never know 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

It seems like it's doing nothing but if they were open another 90 minutes we might all be dead. You never know 

Alternatively then being allowed to open until 3am might have saved thousands of lives through stopping uncontrolled household gatherings. Nicola not caring enough IMO.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Is that an official rule? There were places open in Perth back in May until midnight (i.e. when Perth was in the level Glasgow is now). I didn’t really understand it tbh, as they were advertising their opening times as being til then as well. But yeah, agree with your post 100%.

I heard some Independent SAGE mentalist on the news tonight saying how dangerous it was for Boris to be lifting restrictions etc.

After they stopped talking pish it was revealed that they were "A Professor of Mathematics with an interest in Public Health statistics"

Not even someone with a medical background FFS. I'm a qualified historian with an interest in football but I don't go on Sky Sports telling Roberto Mancini how to beat England

Spoiler

Do a Gentile on Stirling early doors just to teach him and shitfest your way to glorious victory.

34 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I heard some Independent SAGE mentalist on the news tonight saying how dangerous it was for Boris to be lifting restrictions etc.

After they stopped talking pish it was revealed that they were "A Professor of Mathematics with an interest in Public Health statistics"

Not even someone with a medical background FFS. I'm a qualified historian with an interest in football but I don't go on Sky Sports telling Roberto Mancini how to beat England

Hide contents

Do a Gentile on Stirling early doors just to teach him and shitfest your way to glorious victory.

It's actually quite surreal that, apparantly, all you need to be able to do to get on tv is plot a graph on Excel, and extrapolate it indefinitely.

Literally anyone can do that 😂

It's not particularly useful either.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Guest mr_malcolm

Was at b & q earlier . Sign up saying 600 folk allowed in at any time . Yet station park which is outdoors can only have 500? I think . Ridiculous

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Avril Lavigne- wid

Sharon Stone- aye, why not

William Shatner- perhaps not.

Some pishe been typed on this thread over the last week or 2, but ffs, this is just blatant lies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9771105/Get-office-Rishi-Sunak-tells-Britain-amid-fears-economic-impact-staying-home.html

"Get back to the office, Rishi Sunak tells Britain amid fears over the economic impact of staying at home...." 

Ultimately its for employers to decide and that decision will be based purely on cost and benefit to the company. Overheads will be reduced to recover from the battering many a company has taken. 

So, for the vast majority, you can wave goodbye to WFH. It ain't happening, so get ready for your bony arses getting back into gear. The days of idly roaming around at B&M, B&Q and the like are over. 

No doubt the fat erse dissenters in public services will offer the most resistance for all the wrong reasons, but Rishi will have his way with the one ace he has up his sleeve on any refusal. 

Ah but, my erse. The gravy train has just been derailed and not before time.