Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

You get the impression the SG are happy to wreck the economy, causing years and years of heartache for thousands across the country just to try and look like they are doing it differently from dem Toaries..

FTFY

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

When I went into our local supermarket last year during the early days of lockdown (when you had to queue outside the supermarket) they had someone at the door with a counter presumably so they could track the number of people inside.  Was in there a few weeks ago and they've sacked that off.

Did they have another guy on the exit door counting them out? Or was Brian Hanrahan running back and forth between the doors?

You get the impression the SG are happy to wreck the economy, causing years and years of heartache for thousands across the country just to stop 100 65 year old fat b*****ds from dying 5 years early.

It really is mind blowing. They didnt care in previous years when the elderly and vulnerable were at risk from a bad cold or flu season. My dad was diabetic and had pneumonia before he passed away aged 65. He wouldnt have wanted the country to stop to protect him. He would have hated this world. I know I do 

When did covid become a debate or tool to be right wing = folk who want to live their lives now the most vulnerable are double dosed and a large % of everyone else at least dosed once, then the left = good guys who want to prevent ANY death at all costs? The left are being far from liberal in wanting restrictions kept and masks being the norm 🙄 surely any level headed person can see that's not realistic or beneficial to anyone 

You get the impression the SG are happy to wreck the economy, causing years and years of heartache for thousands across the country just to stop 100 65 year old fat b*****ds from dying 5 years early.

I get the impression some posters on here don’t want to be inconvenienced and would be happy to see the removal of all restrictions regardless of the potentially damaging impact on others in order to remove these inconveniences.

The use of the “impact on the economy” and “effect on mental health” arguments are just convenient excuses.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

When did covid become a debate or tool to be right wing = folk who want to live their lives now the most vulnerable are double dosed and a large % of everyone else at least dosed once, then the left = good guys who want to prevent ANY death at all costs? The left are being far from liberal in wanting restrictions kept and masks being the norm 🙄 surely any level headed person can see that's not realistic or beneficial to anyone 

I'm very left wing and think the restrictions should be chucked into the nearest skip.  Particularly face masks.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I get the impression some posters on here don’t want to be inconvenienced and would be happy to see the removal of all restrictions regardless of the potentially damaging impact on others in order to remove these inconveniences.

The use of the “impact on the economy” and “effect on mental health” arguments are just convenient excuses.

^ ^ ^67 year old retiree happy to go out the house once a week for tea and cake at Dobbies.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

^ ^ ^67 year old retiree happy to go out the house once a week for tea and cake at Dobbies.

I’m 66, still working and have never been to Dobbies cafe/restaurant.  I see however you don’t deny what I’m suggesting.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm very left wing and think the restrictions should be chucked into the nearest skip.  Particularly face masks.

^^^ I’m very left wing when left wing policies suit me; just don’t ask me to care about other people.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Certainly with the amount of people concerned with the latter you'd expect funding of these services to cease being a problem post-pandemic.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I’m 66, still working and have never been to Dobbies cafe/restaurant.  I see however you don’t deny what I’m suggesting.

What 'potentially damaging impact on others' would lifting the restrictions have?  Given all vulnerable groups in Scotland have had both vaccine doses?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ I’m very left wing when left wing policies suit me; just don’t ask me to care about other people.

^ ^ ^ Voted for a hard Brexit.

1 minute ago, btb said:

Certainly with the amount of people concerned with the latter you'd expect funding of these services to cease being a problem post-pandemic.

There’s a couple of right Tory arseholes on here who would certainly change tack if the question of mental health funding was  raised.

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is it as black and white as that ?

As proven, a large number of people (a majority even)  UK-wide want restrictictions to continue in some shape or form. A huge number of them, in England especially, will be died in the wool, right wing Tories. 

I consider myself left of centre on the political spectrum, and I want restrictions lifted in a way which is directly proportional to the effect of serious covid cases on hospitals, and deaths. I read The Guardian every day because it echos the way I feel about many things, but I disagree with them on their insistence on doom and gloom reporting of the pandemic. 

On the other hand, I tend to broadly agree with The Telegraph's editorial approach towards the lifting of restrictions. 

So I would say that left/right wing has very little to do with how people are looking at this.