Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Daily Cases Update:  Decent Day 4 of dropping cases. Down an excellent 4.62% to 381.6 and infectivity still dropping to 10.2. Expect another decrease tomorrow now of around 4% and another 4% on Monday.  What is apparent is that all areas appear to have peaked. This should be the end of our 3rd wave as we still have another 10 days before further restrictions lifted.  I suspect England may overtake us in the next week in the run up to their end of restrictions.

South Tyneside has hit 1,094.2 per 100K which is an incredible number and even outstrips Dundee's max. Dundee has dropped to 6th place in the UK as North East Lincolnshire, Gateshead, Newcastle & Sunderland surge past it.

No updates from mainland Europe which is dissapointing.

Latest European figures today.   Scotland 381.6, England 286.6, Northern Ireland 157.0, Wales 135.7, Portugal 109.3 to 118.0,  Russia 97.8 to 100.0,   Spain 76.3 to 92.9, at other end we have Poland 1.9 to 1.8, Germany 5.1 to 5.0, Italy 7.4 to 7.5, Czech 9.0 to 8.5, Switzerland 8.4 to 9.0, Sweden 14.2 to 16.0 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland peaks (Hopefully) at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 1st to 7th July  were  21,858 to 20,848 down 4.62%.  Positivity was 10.4%  now 10.2%.   Cases per 100k were  400.1 now 381.6

Home Nations Daily update (2 Days)  :  UK Average  267.1 to 286.3 up 7.19%, England   263.9 to 286.6 up 9.74%,  Wales 124.5 to 135.7 up 9.00%, Northern Ireland  136.5 to 157.0 up 15.02%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City 815.0 to 747.4   4th day of dropping. Down 8.29%

Midlothian    708.4 to 720.3  A suprising increase.

East Lothian    564.0  to 521.1 LEVEL 1 Down 7.61%

City Of Edinburgh 535.5 to 510..7  4th day of falls.

Angus  510.3 to 509.5 LEVEL 1

Inverclyde  509.0 to 500.0  LEVEL 1  

West Dunbartonshire   474.5 to 470.0  LEVEL 1 4th day of decreases.

Perth & Kinross     514.6 to 460.0  LEVEL 1  Down huge 10.08%

Glasgow City 468.0 to 446.7

East Renfrewshire    463.7 to 433.4

Renfrewshire    461.2 to 422.1

Fife  436.6 to 410.1 LEVEL 1

East Dunbartonshire   449.2 to 406.8  Down huge 9.58%

Aberdeen City  422.9 to 391.0  LEVEL1

West Lothian   388.9 to 383.9   LEVEL1  

North Lanarkshire   380.2 to 379.6  

Falkirk   333.1 to 349.3  LEVEL 1 Todays outlier

East Ayrshire   341.0  to 296.7 Down huge 13%

Scottish  Borders    296.9 to 290.9 LEVEL 1

South Lanarkshire   301.1 to 286.1

North Ayrshire 296.9 to 279.1

Stirling   254.8 to 249.4

Highlands   247.2 to 244.7 LEVEL 1

South Ayrshire   230.0 to 233.5

Aberdeenshire    237.7 to 218.6  LEVEL 1

Clackmannanshire     199.8 to 209.5

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Argyll & Bute    213.1 to 189.8

Orkney Islands    67.4 to 107.8

Dumfries & Galloway  129.0 to 105.5 Down huge 25%

Moray   89.8 to 90.8

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Western Isles  48.7 to 59.9

Shetland Islands  o 26.2 to 52.4

So we have passed the peak of wave 3, and did it (for the first time) without increased restrictions. Vaccines and natural immunity combined here, and the delta variant is running out of puff in Scotland. 

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

We're already 10-12 days past the peak of cases going by specimen date so we should be around the time of peak of hospital admissions round about now.

Just to highlight this point further 🙂

Screenshot_20210710-182016_Opera.jpg

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Possibly.

That said ICU cases are about 25% of what they were in January. 

Oh i absolutely agree, I just mean for all the hand wringers out there, we need to wait just a bit longer to say ‘see’. 
Fucking madness from the Scottish Government, went to the football today, a glorious 2:0 win for West Dunbartonshires elite senior team and although you can buy a half time draw, program or merchandise, for some reason you cant buy a drink because that’s too risky? Wtf? Yet it was ok for thousands to queue at Murrayfield for the Tory Lions game beer queues? 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@ICTChris 

Who is that guy you posted semi regularly who modelled the exit waves in varying scenarios, and are you aware of how his modelling compares to what we have seen?

James Ward? I posted his latest thread on the exit wave earlier today.

Ah sorry m9, I missed that. Thanking you.

I miss loads on this thread. One of my favourite things on P&B is when you go into a thread on the last page you read and it’s all stuff like “well I’m of the opinion the best pizza topping is Sausage” and then you click to the last page and the latest post is “Your views on the Bronze Age collapse clearly mark you out as a Nazi”.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

It's like something from WW2 where for example if you eat your carrots you will see better in the dark. Here its encouraging you to help out these poor unfortunate bosses at Pret and Starbucks who are missing out on their big bonus payout rewards because workers are working from home and not buying their coffee during breaks. The Mail were promoting 'everybody back' just a few days ago and we know they are the biggest supporters of anything the UKG come out and don't want businesses to have any staff WFH, they want everyone back. Unfortunately its not up to them its up to how the bosses of these companies want to run their business, that torpedo is already in the water.

From the Companies.... 

CBI boss Dame Carolyn - who speaks for 200,000 firms - said "getting people back into the office   needs to be as big a priority for the Government as the return of pupils were to school." 

Thing is, British workers compared to those in the East, tend to be unproductive b*****ds and not to be trusted. Nothing new there of course. 

The daily shopping trips are numbered. 

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Vaccine passports won't happen. They would be in place for July 19th if they were going to be.

The threat of them being implemented is nothing more than a way of encouraging as many people as possible to get jagged, to avoid the perceived danger of not being able to do things down the road.

People like this guy who actively want them are nothing more than gimpy sheep enjoying the attention they'd never have gotten otherwise trying not to piss off their followers to keep it going.

I doubt government want them, but the problem is if the EU and further a field want them, then we're forced to follow suit. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Oh i absolutely agree, I just mean for all the hand wringers out there, we need to wait just a bit longer to say ‘see’. 
Fucking madness from the Scottish Government, went to the football today, a glorious 2:0 win for West Dunbartonshires elite senior team and although you can buy a half time draw, program or merchandise, for some reason you cant buy a drink because that’s too risky? Wtf? Yet it was ok for thousands to queue at Murrayfield for the Tory Lions game beer queues? 

For our game against Arsenal on Tuesday night we haven’t heard (yet) if things like the food kiosk will be open. 

Tuesday will be my first game in since we lost away to Aberdeen the week before the lockdown started last year. 

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Anyone who has had the Moderna had any issues with back pain after it? 

I got mine on Thursday and my back has been killing me since yesterday afternoon. It feels like it's all cramped up in places and I'm out my tits on painkillers to try and numb it a bit. 

Could just be a coincidence. I've had a load of back injuries and problems since I was a teenager. But it's as bad as it's been in years right now.

I’ve got the actual virus at the moment and that was the main symptom I had initially, proper brutal back pain so it’s obviously something that can happen. Hot water bottle sorted it out though.

Was meant to get the vaccine on Tuesday and will need to wait now.

Hope it recovers quickly sir.

21 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

I doubt government want them, but the problem is if the EU and further a field want them, then we're forced to follow suit. 

For foreign travel? There's nothing we can do about that. Whenever you travel you are bound to comply with whatever entry requirements are in place. Vaccine passports or a test may continue to be one such requirement until well into next year.

As we are not in the EU, they cannot mandate that we need to implement them domestically.