Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's the goalpost shifting that really gets to me. It's time honoured. 

"We can unlock after all of the vulnerable groups are vaccinated" 

*vaccinates the priority groups

"Variants!" 

*Vaccines still work on varianys and are protective against serious illness and death"

"Ah, but children and the non-vaccinated younger age groups  are still getting it!"

*These groups are low risk from covid and whilst hospital cases and deaths have risen, the vaccine has clearly broken the link*

"YOU ARE USING CHILDREN AS A SCIENCE EXPERIMENT!" LONG COVID! <lies from Deepti Gurdasani about the number of long covid cases>

*Government eventually u-turns*

What will be the excuse this time when Johnson does the inevitable? The children are the most recent blocker, so vaccinating all adults won't cut it for them. Vaccinate kids and then what? Waning immunity/need for boosters, more variants which result in super long Covid? 

They have 11 days left. I predict a u-turn on the 17th.

Yes but many still fall for the bshit. 

This is also more than about Covid. 

Follow the money. 

1 minute ago, D.V.T. said:

No it’s not. Always a Tuesday and Friday.

Today is Thursday, though 😂

That doesn't sound ominous at all tbh. More than likely more "please stick to the current rules for now so we can get the most benefit from the vaccines" stuff

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Well, yes. Get the staff who aren't sick in to work, to look after those who are.

It becomes a health and safety issue and many will hide behind that. Don't think for a minute all are desperate to return to work. 

If nothing else, the NHS are experts in hiding behind procedures. 

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They aren't though, are they? They are "full" because of the number of staff who aren't sick that are barred from coming to work because one of their friends or family members has been to school or is feeling shite.

Yeah this is definitely (whether intentionally or not I’m not sure) being misrepresented by the media. They are making it seem like these hospitals are bursting at the seams with sick Covid positive patients. The reality is that they are stretched, but only because half the staff are off isolating. It’s unsustainable the current trend tbh.

12 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Its a concern that 4 hospitals are now at full capacity with 3 in the Highlands and Grampian. Aberdeen Royal Informary at full capacity is a major surprise giving the size of the place. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-57756384

Raigmore is often in code black (pre-pandemic). It's not rare for it to be full to capacity. It's a small hospital that sees to a lot of patients. You can't exactly transfer someone easily to Aberdeen/Perth/Dundee.

Just now, BlueBear said:

It becomes a health and safety issue and many will hide behind that. Don't think for a minute all are desperate to return to work. 

If nothing else, the NHS are experts in hiding behind procedures. 

I didn't suggest they were.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

That doesn't sound ominous at all tbh. More than likely more "please stick to the current rules for now so we can get the most benefit from the vaccines" stuff

Nicola never misses a photo op. TBH she is rather good at it, compared to that tit down the road who wouldn't look out of place in the Muppet show. 

Today is Thursday, though [emoji23]

Aw ffs! Not awake sorry [emoji23][emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Raigmore is often in code black (pre-pandemic). It's not rare for it to be full to capacity. It's a small hospital that sees to a lot of patients. You can't exactly transfer someone easily to Aberdeen/Perth/Dundee.

Aye, but they're fucked as well! 

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I agree. It looks like perhaps a "response" to what is happening in England, and specifically the discourse in England.

3 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Nicola never misses a photo op. TBH she is rather good at it, compared to that tit down the road who wouldn't look out of place in the Muppet show. 

I genuinely have no idea what point you are making.

You should return to the business owner stuff. You were good at that.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah this is definitely (whether intentionally or not I’m not sure) being misrepresented by the media. They are making it seem like these hospitals are bursting at the seams with sick Covid positive patients. The reality is that they are stretched, but only because half the staff are off isolating. It’s unsustainable the current trend tbh.

It's also the backlog of patients whose non-covid treatment was deferred and has now become urgent.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

It's also the backlog of patients whose non-covid treatment was deferred and has now become urgent.

Aye, but they won't be clearing the backlog with telephone consultations. 

Oh wait a minute...! 

7 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

I think you answered the question in your first sentence regarding Singapore. Easing of restrictions and ultimately lifting restrictions will not happen until a universal uptake of vaccines is in place. 

The vaccination process is clearly defined, managed and executed ensuring everyone has the ability to be vaccinated as per outlined procedures.

Applying Asian logic to a western problem or vice versa doesn't really work. 

There is little resistance to mask wearing, social distancing and other measures as is apparent in the west.

Just completely culturally different. 

Not to say there will be an exit impact, but due to local logic and strict process I doubt it to be significant.

For the rest of SEA, you are more likely to see variants develop as it is rife and under managed now than some exit explosion. 

Oceania maybe, but doubt you will see and measurable data from East Asia either. You will never get the truth from China or North Korea. Japan will most likey be one of the last, if not the last country to open up. South Korea and Taiwan maybe, but who knows and there isn’t much else to factor for that region.

I don't doubt there are cultural differences, but how can these places return to full economic activity with enforced social distancing measures and controls on movement?

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see the SNP’s health spokesperson is speaking at an ‘emergency summit’ organised by doom monger Deepti and the rest of the independent sage weirdos.

05BC492B-1FAA-4848-894F-4D6F1DDAB851.png

She has been outed as a full on psycho for quite a while now and supports border policies Nick Griffin would be proud of 'because public health', despite her government and first minister already starting to open up travel. Green freak Caroline Lucas there too - definitely no ulterior motives!

23 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This is dependent on cases, though. If there are concerns at the moment cases are too high, then they're not going to get any better in level 0. In fact, they'll increase. 

I had thought Sturgeon was looking beyond this, but the mood music seems to be dampening. 

Tbf, Sturgeon will probably just continue giving out the mood music so that it appears that her and the Scottish Government care more and are more cautious. I will be astounded if there are any more delays as it's not sustainable socially or economically at this level of vaccine uptake.

Japan putting restrictions on places serving alcohol to curb transmission and they declare their 4th state of emergency. Also looks like almost no spectators will be allowed in to see the events.

Still testing gubbins. 🥴

Surely Sturgeon will have to announce the same today, though?

Posted at 11:40

BREAKINGDouble jabbed people no longer have to quarantine - Shapps

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps begins his statement by saying he does not underestimate for a second just how difficult the past 18 months have been for people who have been unable to travel to see their families and for the aviation sector.

But he says thanks to the vaccination programme we are now in a position where we can start to look at how we can live with coronavirus while returning life to a sense of normality.

"I can confirm today from 19 July UK residents who are fully vaccinated through the UK vaccine rollout will no longer have to self-isolate when they return to England."

They will still have to take a pre-departure test three days before they go and a PCR test on or before day two. He says this applies to people 14 days after their second jab.

He says they will no longer be required to take a day 8 test, meaning the requirements for green and amber list countries are the same.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I don't doubt there are cultural differences, but how can these places return to full economic activity with enforced social distancing measures and controls on movement?

She has been outed as a full on psycho for quite a while now and supports border policies Nick Griffin would be proud of 'because public health', despite her government and first minister already starting to open up travel. Green freak Caroline Lucas there too - definitely no ulterior motives!

Tbf, Sturgeon will probably just continue giving out the mood music so that it appears that her and the Scottish Government care more and are more cautious. I will be astounded if there are any more delays as it's not sustainable socially or economically at this level of vaccine uptake.

And why not not? She is a politician after all and Covid does give her a platform. 

Economically her hands are tied as the moneys are controlled by Westminster. Furlough being the biggy as is central procurement of vaccines etc. 

Socially, all are fucking tired with restrictions and it is causing insurmountable mental Health issues, so unless she is revealing we are all going to die from it, I'm sure she will be pretty pragmatic. She is far from daft.

She will follow Boris's lead albeit a few weeks behind. A tactic to her advantage. However she has no option but to ultimately follow him, as she doesn't control the purse strings. She just does it in a more logical and caring manner. Playing to the gallery. Just that Boris is shit at it. The more he is on the box, the better it is for her. 

Please do not suggest that Boris cares.